Author Topic: Emergency Amendments added:  (Read 1069 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Emergency Amendments added:
« on: April 01, 2006, 06:20:14 AM »
You folks better read this!!!!...... :o

Emergency Amendments added:

The U.S. Sentencing Commission has published notice of temporary "emergency" (i.e., immediate) amendments to the federal anabolic steroid sentencing guidelines. Henceforth, injectable and oral steroids will be quantified for punishment in a 1:1 ratio to other Schedule III drugs, resulting in a twenty-fold measurement increase for injectable steroid units and a fifty-fold increase for oral steroid units. Steroids in other forms ("e.g., patch, topical cream, aerosol") will be reasonably estimated based on a consideration of 25mg as one unit. Additionally, sentencing enhancements will apply in cases involving distribution to "athletes" or where coaches use their positions to influence athletes to use steroids, as well as in cases involving "masking agents."  While likely to impact dealers more than personal users, the new 1:1 ratio nonetheless ignores fundamental differences between steroid usage and volume patterns as compared to other Schedule III drugs. Other potential problems with the amendments include the lack of any reference to potency in oral or injectable steroids, potentially leading to black market adaptations to circumvent the amendment (e.g., the creation of high potency "mega-pills") as well as the lack of any knowledge requirement involving distribution (e.g., via the Internet) to unidentifiable customers who may turn out to be athletes. It is expected that the revisions will be made permanent by Congress in November. [For further information, see the written testimony of Rick Collins to the Sentencing Commission, the transcript of his appearance before the Commission, the Report of the USSC Steroids Working Group, and the Commission's Notice of Amendment to the guidelines.]

In order words, those folks at Capitol Hill have gone Mad.  WTF were these people thinking?????
A

hillbilly

• Getbig III
  • LOOK! the crazy cat is back and packing a gat!
Re: You folks need to read this RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Sh@#@
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 06:46:25 AM »
I'm sooo glad i live in england but i'm a natty so i guess it dosent affect me

still it sucks for u guys