Author Topic: Is Liberalism a Mental Disorder?  (Read 152207 times)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: Is Liberalism a Mental Disorder?
« Reply #325 on: February 07, 2020, 09:55:18 PM »
Ahead of this year’s Academy Awards, Campus Reform Digital Reporter Eduardo Neret went to American University to ask students to react to claims that the nominees are “too white” and not diverse enough.

“I definitely think there’s a problem,” one student said of the mostly white and male Oscar nominees. “I feel like, as a Latina woman, I want to see more representation in entertainment.”

“It’s not reflective of our actual population,” another student added.  WTF haha has nothing to do with it

“The majority of my professors are white men,” one student said as an example of how the presence of white men was a problem on campus.

“White men need to understand that not every thought that they have is worth saying,” one student said.

“I feel like there’s a lot of white males [on campus],” a different student said.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=14338

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #326 on: February 08, 2020, 07:57:32 AM »
Ahead of this year’s Academy Awards, Campus Reform Digital Reporter Eduardo Neret went to American University to ask students to react to claims that the nominees are “too white” and not diverse enough.

“I definitely think there’s a problem,” one student said of the mostly white and male Oscar nominees. “I feel like, as a Latina woman, I want to see more representation in entertainment.”

“It’s not reflective of our actual population,” another student added.  WTF haha has nothing to do with it

“The majority of my professors are white men,” one student said as an example of how the presence of white men was a problem on campus.

“White men need to understand that not every thought that they have is worth saying,” one student said.

“I feel like there’s a lot of white males [on campus],” a different student said.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=14338
There's over 97 million white men in this country, more than 2x's all other races of men combined. WTF do they expect? College is nothing but a liberal brainwash facility.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #327 on: February 08, 2020, 12:43:29 PM »
Skip to comments.

University poll finds New Hampshire Democrats choose human extinction over Trump re-election
The College Fix ^ | Feb 7, 2020 | Staff
Posted on 2/8/2020, 7:22:19 AM by Openurmind

Women favor global death far more strongly than men.

He’s been in the 2020 Democratic race for president from the start. Now the Sweet Meteor O’Death is finding a receptive audience: New Hampshire Democrats.

The University of Massachusetts-Lowell Center for Public Opinion surveyed Democratic primary voters at the end of January and found nearly two-thirds would rather a meteor hit the earth, “extinguishing all human life,” than President Trump win re-election on Nov. 3.

That’s a serious poll result. Results:

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #328 on: February 09, 2020, 10:22:45 AM »

Never fails to make me smile.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #329 on: February 20, 2020, 01:17:42 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: March 05, 2020, 05:54:59 PM »
Patricia Arquette says if Trump wins in 2020 we will face 'extinction' and 'destruction of our planet'
By Tyler McCarthy | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/patricia-arquette-trump-2020-extinction-destruction-planet?fbclid=IwAR29PqzYe7rsiQi-MdNHG-uaHXDHkSnAYFxraepKDsIhi0mFEXvRJpoTH8k

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #331 on: March 05, 2020, 06:23:45 PM »
That woman is a fucking idiot.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: March 05, 2020, 08:56:58 PM »
I don't have the pallet these days for any of these Clintonian, Biden nut huggers.  Especially those of colour.  They fucked us in 2016 by giving us Clinton and then they don't show up on game day to vote. 

If you’re going to run this shitty, brain dead, liberal American gimmick then you should be careful not to spell “colour” like a Canadian or Brit.

Fucking lame.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #333 on: March 06, 2020, 12:26:38 AM »
I don't have the pallet these days for any of these Clintonian, Biden nut huggers.  Especially those of colour.  They fucked us in 2016 by giving us Clinton and then they don't show up on game day to vote. 

I agree. There's too much talk and too little action all the way around. I've often wondered what percentage of the folks on Getbig do more than just either bag about or complain about how things going. Does anyone here actually bother to vote in elections. I'll go first. I've yet to miss the privilege to vote whether it is a local, state or federal election. I say put up or shut up!

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #334 on: March 06, 2020, 01:02:03 AM »
If you’re going to run this shitty, brain dead, liberal American gimmick then you should be careful not to spell “colour” like a Canadian or Brit.

Fucking lame.

You are correct - well spotted
And he’s lame very lame.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: March 06, 2020, 04:13:52 AM »
Woe is Elizabeth Warren’s staff after their candidate bails
Boston Herald ^ | 5 Mar 2020 | Hilary Chabot
Posted on 3/6/2020, 2:16:54 AM

Woebegone Elizabeth Warren staffers — heartbroken and adrift after the Cambridge Democrat tearily ended her presidential campaign Thursday following on ignominious Super Tuesday showing — cried, drank, sought comfort dogs and made personal fundraising pitches as they faced sudden unemployment.

“Does anyone in Logan Square have a pug that I can hang out with,” tweeted Morgan Sperry, an organizer for Warren, just as news broke that Warren would leave the race.

“Feels like someone should’ve put the liquor store and bar down the street on notice this AM,” Warren’s national political director Rebecca Pearcey tweeted.

(Excerpt) Read more at bostonherald.com ...

;D

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #336 on: March 07, 2020, 02:10:56 PM »
It was obvious from day one that Elizabeth Warren supporters were total fucking nuts. ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: December 22, 2020, 10:11:33 AM »
One of New York’s priciest private schools makes its woke demands
Americanthinker.com ^ | 12/22/2020 | Andrea Wilburg
Posted on 12/22/2020, 12:04:10 PM b

The faculty at Manhattan’s prestigious Dalton School has issued an unusual hostage demand letter. The school’s students will be at the mercy of substandard Zoom teaching until the entire school – the administration, parents, and students – complies with a length list of woke demands. On the one hand, it’s exquisitely funny to see leftists eating their own, as leftists always do. On the other hand, with cowardly courts positioning the Democrats for total victory in 2021, this is something that should terrify all sane Americans.

Here are just some of the demands being made if the kids are ever to see the inside of a classroom again.

A top demand, and one that has apparently caused the most anguish for parents desperate to see their darlings hit the Ivies, is that blacks and whites have to have the same outcomes in “leveled courses” (AP classes that are ostensibly college “level”) by 2023. Blacks, they say, do worse because their teachers are inherently racist, their classmates are racist, and they witness police violence in their neighborhoods. If the AP classes don’t start giving the same grades to blacks as they give to whites, those classes need to go.

In the classroom, there must be “courses that explicitly center Black liberation and challenges to white supremacy.” (Please note that “Black” is capitalized; “white” is not. Who’s being a supremacist to whom?) What this means is that, in addition to English, math, art, etc., “anti-racism” needs to be a subject. Also, if faculty members serve the black community, they should get a pass on teaching a class (but still get paid, of course).

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: December 28, 2020, 10:41:16 AM »
5 Big Things We Learned About Our Elites In 2020
The Federalist ^ | December 28, 2020 | John Daniel Davidson

It’s been a hard year but at least we know, beyond all doubt, that our elites despise us and will do anything to expand their power.

For as difficult as the past year has been, from politics to the pandemic, it has at least helped to illuminate and clarify certain things about the state of our country.

Above all, 2020 has illuminated and clarified the relationship between America’s elites—in government, Silicon Valley, Hollywood, corporate America and the corporate press—and everyone else. In short, our elites believe, contra Thomas Jefferson, that most people were born with saddles on their backs while a favored few were born booted and spurred to ride them, legitimately.

The rigors and suffering the coronavirus pandemic demonstrated the perseverance, resilience, and generosity of the American people, but also exposed—sometimes in mind-boggling detail—the greed, hypocrisy, and indifference of our elites.

We like to think we live in a country where everyone, rich and poor alike, is equal before the law. But we know now, thanks to the exigencies and emergencies of 2020, that isn’t true—or at least it’s only true sometimes, when the U.S. Supreme Court agrees to weigh in and enforce equal treatment.

But left unchecked, as many of our leaders were over the past year, we all know what they will do. In no particular order, then, here are the five big things we learned about America and its elites in 2020.

1. Democrats Don’t Care About Science—Or Religious Liberty
This year we learned Democrats aren’t the “party of science,” and in fact don’t care about science at all—especially if it gets in the way of their policy agenda or the exercise of emergency powers.

How else do you explain the actions of Democratic governors like New York’s Andrew Cuomo and California’s Gavin Newsom? They both tried to ban indoor religious gatherings based the unscientific belief that people are more likely to contract COVID-19 in a church than in a liquor store or a Lowe’s. In both cases, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that such restrictions were unconstitutional because they singled out houses of worship for unequal treatment.

Lost in the media coverage of these and similar cases was the disturbing fact that these governors weren’t basing their pandemic-related restrictions on science or data. When a Los Angeles judge earlier this month struck down an outdoor dining ban issued by county health officials, he noted that the county hadn’t presented any scientific evidence justifying the ban or even done a basic cost-benefit analysis on the effects of shutting down more than 30,000 restaurants.

“It’s not rational to make a decision without doing everything you’re supposed to do, and you haven’t,” the judge said. “You’re imposing restrictions but there’s no reason to believe it will help with ICU capacity.” In all these cases, science had nothing to do with the attempted shutdown. Power and prejudice did.

2. Lockdowns For Thee But Not For Me
Speaking of Newsom, he became the poster boy for elite hypocrisy when he was photographed at a fancy Napa Valley restaurant with a bunch of wealthy and powerful friends right after imposing harsh pandemic-related lockdowns on much of the state.

EXCLUSIVE: We've obtained photos of Governor Gavin Newsom at the Napa dinner party he's in hot water over. The photos call into question just how outdoors the dinner was. A witness who took photos tells us his group was so loud, the sliding doors had to be closed. 10pm on @FOXLA pic.twitter.com/gtOVEwa864

— Bill Melugin (@BillFOXLA) November 18, 2020

He wasn’t alone. All over the country, elected officials—almost all of them Democrats—were spotted flouting their own pandemic rules and restrictions. My colleague Tristan Justice catalogued some the most high-profile instances.

There was Austin Mayor Steve Adler telling residents to stay home—and threatening them with more restrictive measures if they didn’t comply—while he was vacationing in a Mexican resort town.

There was Denver Mayor Michael Hancock, who boarded a flight for Houston to visit his daughter for Thanksgiving right after telling residents to “avoid travel if you can.”

There was House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, mask-less, visiting a shut-down hair salon in San Francisco, and Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot doing the same thing—then getting caught mask-less in the streets with a bullhorn at a rally celebrating Joe Biden’s victory. Her excuse (they all have excuses) was that the “crowd was gathered whether I was there or not.”

On and on, all over the country. The mayors of Los Angeles, Philadelphia, New York, D.C., all of them Democrats, all of them caught flouting their own lockdown orders.

We can conclude two things from this. The first is that our ruling elites, despite their grave intonations and warnings, don’t really believe the coronavirus is dangerous or that their lockdown orders are necessary—at least not for them. The second is that they hate you and think you’re stupid.

3. Lockdown Elites Don’t Care If Small Businesses Die
The elites’ hypocrisy went beyond their personal behavior. It also affected the pandemic policies they supported and imposed. Especially in blue states and cities, elected officials opted for pandemic restrictions that disproportionately harmed small businesses and working families, while giving generous carve-outs and exemptions to special interests.

Nothing illustrated this better than a viral video by a distraught restaurant owner in Los Angeles, who was justifiably upset over an outdoor dining ban that applied to all bars and restaurants but exempted the film and television industry. Angela Marsden, owner of the Pineapple Hill Saloon and Grill in Los Angeles, had spent tens of thousands of dollars to create an outdoor dining space that complied with Centers for Disease Control and county health guidelines in an attempt to save her business, only to have the rules changed on her without warning.

The real slap in the face, though, was an outdoor dining area for a television production set up not 50 feet from her restaurant. The two dining spaces were nearly identical. The only difference is that she, a small business owner, wasn’t powerful or important enough to the powers that be to get an exemption.

Bar owner in Los Angeles CA is livid to see that mayor Garcetti has approved an outdoor dining area for a movie company directly across from her outdoor dining area (which was shut down) pic.twitter.com/jkUP2CWg35

— Jake Coco 💙🇺🇸🎶🐻 (@jakecoco) December 4, 2020

4. Silicon Valley Wants You to Shut Up
Another disturbing revelation in 2020 is that Big Tech doesn’t care about free speech or the free exchange of ideas, and will, given the right circumstances, censor what you can read and share on their platforms according to criteria they invent out of thin air.

We saw this over and over again, not only with COVID-19 commentary and reporting but with coverage of the presidential election and the many instances of fraud and illegal electioneering that were documented in the days and weeks after the election. Twitter and Facebook in particular were aggressive in their censorship of any opinions or information that challenged their chosen narratives about the pandemic and the election.

Again, science and data didn’t factor into these decisions. Experts like former White House advisor Scott Atlas were censored by Twitter for sharing studies that showed the ineffectiveness of masks. Amazon did the same thing to former New York Times reporter Alex Berenson’s booklet on the ineffectiveness of masks.

On election night, Twitter repeatedly censored President Trump but not former Vice President Joe Biden. Facebook “fact-checkers,” some of them funded by China and Russia, repeatedly flagged content critical of Democrats.

Most infamously, Twitter and Facebook conspired with corporate media before the election to impose a blackout on coverage of the Hunter Biden scandal, including an unprecedented move by Twitter to suspend The New York Post’s account for breaking the story of Hunter Biden’s laptop and emails. This was done to shield voters from the Biden family’s corruption. After the election, the FBI confirmed that it was in fact investigating Hunter Biden.

5. Elites Are Okay With Chaos and Violence From the Left
Another glaring instance of elite hypocrisy in 2020 was the reaction to riots and looting in American cities throughout the spring and summer. Because Democrats and corporate media agreed with the ideology and politics driving this violence, and approved of groups like Black Lives Matter (BLM) that were fomenting it, they excused it. Over and over, reporters and commentators characterized violent riots and urban unrest as “mostly peaceful protests,” sometimes even while showing images of burning buildings and mayhem in the streets.

By contrast, peaceful and orderly protests of pandemic lockdown orders in the spring were reported as dangerous and threatening, not because they were actually dangerous or threatening but because the protesters were mostly conservatives and Republicans who thought governors and mayors were overstepping their authority. At the same time, these same outlets downplayed or simply refused to report on the many instances of violence, including shootings, perpetrated by Antifa rioters and BLM demonstrators across the country.

When armed groups began showing up at these BLM “protests” to protect property and businesses from being looted and burned down, major outlets like The New York Times pretended the gunplay and violence started with the right, not the left. Biden’s deputy campaign manager even went on air and accused Trump of “inciting violence,” as if the mere fact of Trump presidency justified the violence and rioting.

We learned from all this that the left is prepared to burn down cities to seize power, and will make excuses for rioters and looters as long as it serves their political and ideological agenda.

That’s of a piece with everything else we’ve learned about our elites in 2020. They don’t really care about the things they claim to care about. They don’t care about science or data or even keeping us safe during a pandemic.

They don’t care about small businesses or working families or getting kids back to school. They don’t care about free speech or the free exercise of religion or anything else that hinders their power—and they certainly don’t care about you.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: January 04, 2021, 11:09:21 PM »
Rep. Emanuel Cleaver Concludes Opening Prayer for 117th Congress: ‘Amen and Awomen’
CHARLIE SPIERING
3 Jan 202127,607

A Democrat member of Congress concluded his opening prayer for the 117th Congress with the phrase “Amen and Awomen” on Sunday.

The opening prayer was led by Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, also a pastor at St. James United Methodist Church of Kansas City, Missouri.

Cleaver prayed to “The God known by many names and faith,” before concluding, “Amen and Awomen,” appearing to ascribe gender to the traditional “Amen” conclusion of a prayer.

The word Amen is derived from Greek and Hebrew used by Christians and Jews in prayer. It means “truly” or “it is so” and has nothing to do with gender.

Cleaver shared a video of his prayer on social media.

But he was quickly ridiculed on Twitter.

Even comedian Larry the Cable guy weighed in on the absurdity.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was already widely ridiculed on Friday for eliminating gendered terms, such as “father, mother, son, and daughter” in the Congressional rules for the 117th Congress.

According to Rule XXIII, terms such as “father, mother, son, daughter, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, first cousin, nephew, niece, husband, wife, father-in-law, mother-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother, stepsister, half brother, half sister, grandson, or granddaughter” will be replaced with “parent, child, sibling, parent’s sibling, first cousin, sibling’s child, spouse, parent-in-law, child-in-law, sibling-in-law, stepparent, stepchild, stepsibling, half-sibling, or grandchild.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/01/03/rep-emanuel-cleaver-concludes-opening-prayer-amen-and-awomen/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #340 on: January 05, 2021, 04:57:27 PM »
The introduction of gender-neutral language proposed by McGovern and Pelosi would only change the text of the House rules. Its consequences were limited to that document alone, and would have no bearing on the continued ability of House members to use gender-specific language in drafting legislation and resolutions, making speeches, or conducting a debate.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: January 22, 2021, 11:48:10 PM »
WaPo Article: Black And Brown People Who Vote For Trump Are ‘White Supremacists,’ Too
By Rachel Campos-Duffy and Evita Duffy
JANUARY 22, 2021
https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/22/wapo-article-black-and-brown-people-who-vote-for-trump-are-white-supremacists-too/?fbclid=IwAR32tQfaxXc5Cp9GSnotQk9cQ8ccaq2V2qE9yvZ44b_--rkuekfggjML3Vk

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #342 on: January 23, 2021, 12:28:21 AM »
ever comment on a thread as an after thought and then have to see the ridiculously stupid thread pop up for the rest of your life on getbig and you think "Why the hell did I comment on that in the 1st place?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: January 23, 2021, 01:56:25 AM »
ever comment on a thread as an after thought and then have to see the ridiculously stupid thread pop up for the rest of your life on getbig and you think "Why the hell did I comment on that in the 1st place?

YES - Frequently 🤬😡  I did suggest if the Ron / Tech folk could put a remove from thread type Button
For this very reason. 👍🏻

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #344 on: January 23, 2021, 10:44:32 AM »
The introduction of gender-neutral language proposed by McGovern and Pelosi would only change the text of the House rules. Its consequences were limited to that document alone, and would have no bearing on the continued ability of House members to use gender-specific language in drafting legislation and resolutions, making speeches, or conducting a debate.

for what purpose ??
K

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #345 on: January 23, 2021, 11:27:01 AM »
for what purpose ??

Pandering and avoiding real issues.
Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: January 23, 2021, 11:54:38 AM »
YES - Frequently 🤬😡  I did suggest if the Ron / Tech folk could put a remove from thread type Button
For this very reason. 👍🏻

Did you get a response? I think it is a great idea.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: January 23, 2021, 11:58:20 AM »
for what purpose ??

Who knows? I am not a congressperson. My guess is they thought it was a step in the right direction. Completely disallowing gender specific language seems as if it would be fraught with problems, including limiting folks freedom of speech.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #348 on: January 23, 2021, 01:41:48 PM »
You can delete your responses and fuck right off back into your lie filled fantasy land. :-*
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: January 23, 2021, 01:46:03 PM »
Did you get a response? I think it is a great idea.

Hmmm 🤔 - I believe I did, Though not sure it was a very positive response
And quite clearly it hasn’t been acted on. As it was at least a year ago. 🙄😡