Author Topic: have any of you considered a career as a bouncer?  (Read 8560 times)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Re: have any of you considered a career as a bouncer?
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2016, 08:23:24 PM »
LOL me too - since then I've had my nose broken 4 times so now I can fold it flat to the right of my face Ha ha!  Really threw people off when they smashed me and it just skimmed over my face.

(Jeez this was a lifetime ago....... I'm so grown up now I can't recognise the old me....)

Mine is 3x.

Surfboard
Sledgehammer
Fist

Lol... Sits to the left now. Which is odd cuz I usually fought orthodox guys. Same with my right eye.. Way more scar tissue.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2017, 12:55:41 PM »
Yep. Verbal De-escalation is the biggest attribute to being a "bouncer"/security crew.

The bouncer who wants to fight everybody is the same as the drunk patron who wants to fight everybody.

The first choice is deescalation but it's near impossible to reason with an aggressive drunk or mental guy.  Had guys screaming cursing threats all the way out when I worked security. Had to watch my back walking to my car at the end of the night. One thing at some venues many don't realize the first line is unarmed guys but the security standing by watching the unarmed guys is packing heat. 

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2017, 01:07:06 PM »
The first choice is deescalation but it's near impossible to reason with an aggressive drunk or mental guy.  Had guys screaming cursing threats all the way out when I worked security. Had to watch my back walking to my car at the end of the night. One thing at some venues many don't realize the first line is unarmed guys but the security standing by watching the unarmed guys is packing heat. 

In l.a. we had armed security walking us out to our cars. 6th & spring is a tricky place at 4am

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2017, 02:43:40 PM »
My skinny ass bounced in a strip bar for years eons ago.