Author Topic: Is 6 grams creatine a day too much??  (Read 2927 times)

chrisg

• Getbig II
  • "No! Try not! Do! Or do not. There is no try."
Is 6 grams creatine a day too much??
« on: April 01, 2006, 04:07:47 PM »
Is consuming 6 grams of creatine a day going to be bad if I’m doing it every day? The reason I ask is becuz I’m going to be taking CytoGainer 3 times daily with increased food intake to gain weight and unfortunately it has 2 grams of creatine in it per serving. I say unfortnuately cuz I'd rather take it separate. I’ve heard that you’re supposed to cycle on and off creatine so that your body doesn’t stop producing its own natural creatine. I don’t know how long I’m going to be on this stuff, but at least until I notice at least a 10 lb. difference. If you’re wondering why I’m not taking another gainer like Nlarge 2 or something, one reason is cost, but mostly becuz CytoGainer is 98% lactose free which will help out a lot with my digestive system. It was either this or Weider Super Mega Mass 2000 since that’s 50% lactose free. More calories but having to take lactaid pills with every shake can get really expensive. If my stats are important, I’m 6’4”, 160 lbs., 14.7% body fat. Thanks.
P.R.: ate four lbs p-butter in 3 days

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Is 6 grams creatine a day too much??
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 05:44:53 PM »
i'd say that's just fine for a maintenance.  i know some who take up to 20 grams a day.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Is 6 grams creatine a day too much??
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 07:53:56 AM »
Is consuming 6 grams of creatine a day going to be bad if I’m doing it every day? The reason I ask is becuz I’m going to be taking CytoGainer 3 times daily with increased food intake to gain weight and unfortunately it has 2 grams of creatine in it per serving. I say unfortnuately cuz I'd rather take it separate. I’ve heard that you’re supposed to cycle on and off creatine so that your body doesn’t stop producing its own natural creatine. I don’t know how long I’m going to be on this stuff, but at least until I notice at least a 10 lb. difference. If you’re wondering why I’m not taking another gainer like Nlarge 2 or something, one reason is cost, but mostly becuz CytoGainer is 98% lactose free which will help out a lot with my digestive system. It was either this or Weider Super Mega Mass 2000 since that’s 50% lactose free. More calories but having to take lactaid pills with every shake can get really expensive. If my stats are important, I’m 6’4”, 160 lbs., 14.7% body fat. Thanks.

First, six grams of creatine per day is little cause to worry. I ingest 10 grams per day, courtesy of CELL-TECH.

Secondly,  I've used both N-Large2 and Mega Mass 2000. I know firsthand that the former is much more tummy-friendly than the latter. With that said, even when using Mega Mass 2000, I simply had to grin and bear some of the gastric discomfort. At that height and weight, calories are a premium. If you wish to get bigger, you MUST consume more calories.

Thirdly, if cost is a problem, it's time to go old-school. I consumed what I called "Poor Man's MET-Rx", when I was in college. It was based on an old recipe from the late Iron Guru, Vince Gironda. Each shake consisted of 6 eggs, 16 oz. milk and 1 scoop of protein powder.
I consumed two per day, in the morning and before bed. And, this was IN ADDITION TO my regular food and Mega Mass shakes.

Your tummy's going to take a pounding, no getting around that. But, it's all worth it, once you get the size you need.