Author Topic: How Many Of You Belong To A Book Club?  (Read 1594 times)

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
How Many Of You Belong To A Book Club?
« on: December 30, 2016, 05:50:03 AM »
I must admit, nothing makes me more happier than sitting in my study reading a great mystery. Well, I just recently joined a great book club that challenges me to read outside the norm. Book Clubs are usually a waste of time, reading such drivel like A Dogs Life, 50 Shades, etc. etc. but  you must search for ones that showcase such literary gems like War And Peace.
How many of you are turned on by the Power Of Page turning? How about getting rid of these useless challenges like planking, mannequin etc. etc. and start with a Book A Week Challenge?

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: How Many Of You Belong To A Book Club?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 06:45:14 AM »
not since grade school. ::)
F

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 09:00:53 AM »
i was in oprah winfrey bookclub.

im still trying to get my testosterone levels up

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 09:04:55 AM »
I used to love reading books until I got out of college. Now just doesn't seem like enough time as I would rather spend it with my wife, etc. then you have to go to work again!

My username is from a book actually.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 10:12:59 AM »
When I was on the tools I used to lash through books at every break, havnt read since I changed my job.. Keep meaning to make time..

Id strongly recommend a series of books from Ken Follet , starting with pillars of the earth. These books are epics, thick as a phone book.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 10:51:23 AM »
I must admit, nothing makes me more happier than sitting in my study reading a great mystery. Well, I just recently joined a great book club that challenges me to read outside the norm. Book Clubs are usually a waste of time, reading such drivel like A Dogs Life, 50 Shades, etc. etc. but  you must search for ones that showcase such literary gems like War And Peace.
How many of you are turned on by the Power Of Page turning? How about getting rid of these useless challenges like planking, mannequin etc. etc. and start with a Book A Week Challenge?

There is a book club on the General Topics board.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 11:38:07 AM »
War and Peace great!  Makes you understand WWII also and how the Germans got defeated in Russia.  The book is about Napoleon but the same thing happened all over again 150 years later.  "Never make the mistake of taking your troops into Russia in winter time."  As pissed as we may be at Russia right about now, there's no underestimating the importance of their role in defeating both Napoleon and Hitler!

[/quote]

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 02:11:52 PM »
Don't think I've ever read a whole book.It is so fucking boring imo and depressing.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 02:58:54 PM »
Don't think I've ever read a whole book.It is so fucking boring imo and depressing.

::)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2016, 03:09:20 PM »
Don't belong to a book club, but I do post often on a muscle worship site. Spend hours and hours looking at and discussing near naked oiled up musclemen. 99% of the members are men and the majority claim to be straight but you can put 2 and 2 together and easily see how accurate that is.  :-\

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2016, 03:35:46 PM »
Don't belong to a book club, but I do post often on a muscle worship site. Spend hours and hours looking at and discussing near naked oiled up musclemen. 99% of the members are men and the majority claim to be straight but you can put 2 and 2 together and easily see how accurate that is.  :-\

Hahaha

rocco-x

• Getbig III
  • when all else fails just blame it on the "man"
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2016, 03:51:28 PM »
Only books with mostly pictures

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2016, 05:56:18 AM »

Hahaha with statistics: "Random Whores" and "Kevin's Package" threads initiated at exactly same time. Always interesting to observe who's in the lead 🍌

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2016, 06:01:12 AM »

Literally having a case of the church giggles right now.  ;D

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2016, 01:21:57 PM »
i am a member of weider book club.

i got really excited when i just recieved the book for january

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2016, 02:39:50 PM »
Andrew Luck has hi  own book club. Pro wrestler Lance Storm ad his own book club for years.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2016, 02:44:15 PM »
Andrew Luck has hi  own book club. Pro wrestler Lance Storm ad his own book club for years.

Book marks  ;)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2016, 06:49:35 PM »

Atlas Shrugged fucks War and Peace raw over a barrel.