Author Topic: My 2 cents on Gay rights protests and pride parades, etc  (Read 4489 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: My 2 cents on Gay rights protests and pride parades, etc
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2017, 11:46:16 AM »
I simply gave my honest personal opinion on this open forum.
You as an openly gay man got defensive about it.

See Vince that cuts to the heart of the issue.
Myself and , most of society will support equal treatment for gays in terms of jobs, housing, etc.
BUT, we will never fully understand it or accept it as normal, desirable behavior.
I'm sorry, but those like me, will never think being gay is A-ok.
FYI, that's why I agree with laws protecting equal rights for gays.
It's because we'll never understand or like it that they need to insure legal protection. Understand?

It is my sincere belief, that the majority of sexual acts should be done in the privacy of one's home.
That goes for gay, straight, whatever...I'm just being honest.
The fact is, seeing 2 male cowboys making out, causes me to get sick to my stomach.
Having said that, I'd be the first to say they had a right to do as they pleased, in private.

Happy New Year Vince and I do respect you as a fellow bodybuilder and human being.

Is making out a sexual act? Here I thought it was kissing and some petting.

I agree with you that some things are best done privately. However, what is offensive to one person may not be to the other. Examples: A guy and a gal holding hands in public is not usually offensive, two gals holding hands in public is also not offensive to most folks, two men holding hands can be offensive to many people. Same act, different views. Kissing goes a little further which increases the chance some will find it offensive in all the previous examples. Groping goes a step further. Simulating sexual acts.....this depends on where you are more than anything. At a dance club, not so much. On a float, very much.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2017, 12:02:58 PM »

I don't give a shit if you get offended by 2 cowboys kissing as you prob watched Brokeback Mountain too many times fantasizing about your legs up in the air gettting fucked in a tent.  You can work that out with your local therapist.  The problem is that you're placing a special standard on gay parades that's not on any other parade in addition to concluding that the people who dress like weirdos are the de facto definition of what a gay person is.  

Its a parade, Howard....a celebration.  Its not a congressional hearing.  That's like telling the Irish that they can't wear green and dress like leprechauns in the St Patricks Day Parade.  Once again, you fail to understand the reality of thing

As far as your comment about you and your society???  Why the fuck should I care about your society's acceptance for??  That's why your life is so miserable, Howard.  You live in a society of sheep

Although the above was directed to Howard, I am responding to it because it deals with people's core beliefs.

Simulated sexual acts in any public parade event is out of line to most folks, gay or straight.

Public nudity still bothers a lot of people, although it is becoming a somewhat more common occurrence.

Wearing green on St. Patricks Day is very common. I don't see how this compares to what we're talking about.

Most people care what other's think even when they say they don't.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2017, 04:58:32 AM »

I don't give a shit if you get offended by 2 cowboys kissing as you prob watched Brokeback Mountain too many times fantasizing about your legs up in the air gettting fucked in a tent.  You can work that out with your local therapist.  The problem is that you're placing a special standard on gay parades that's not on any other parade in addition to concluding that the people who dress like weirdos are the de facto definition of what a gay person is.  

Its a parade, Howard....a celebration.  Its not a congressional hearing.  That's like telling the Irish that they can't wear green and dress like leprechauns in the St Patricks Day Parade.  Once again, you fail to understand the reality of thing

As far as your comment about you and your society???  Why the fuck should I care about your society's acceptance for??  That's why your life is so miserable, Howard.  You live in a society of sheep

Ok Vince, you can get angry and rant about gay rights, all you want.
It's America and you , me and everyone else has a right to freedom of expression .
If gay folks want to express themselves, that's their right.
BUT people like me will never understand it or think it's cool. That's just being honest.

Happy New year and good luck in your new location.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2017, 06:24:08 AM »
Although the above was directed to Howard, I am responding to it because it deals with people's core beliefs.

Simulated sexual acts in any public parade event is out of line to most folks, gay or straight.

Public nudity still bothers a lot of people, although it is becoming a somewhat more common occurrence.

Wearing green on St. Patricks Day is very common. I don't see how this compares to what we're talking about.

Most people care what other's think even when they say they don't.

Good point.

My personal view is that we all have a right to express OUR view pt.
BUT, we shouldn't think everyone will eventually  agree with me if I shout long enough.

In the case of gay rights, I believe they should have marriage and employment equality .
It's their personal lifestyle I don't like and that has NOTHING to do with their legal rights.

I fully understand and agree with many of the reasons for "hate crimes" laws.
While we all have a right to THINK and say as we please, we don't have a right to act on that and physically hurt those who are different.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2017, 08:00:57 AM »
Is making out a sexual act? Here I thought it was kissing and some petting.

I agree with you that some things are best done privately. However, what is offensive to one person may not be to the other. Examples: A guy and a gal holding hands in public is not usually offensive, two gals holding hands in public is also not offensive to most folks, two men holding hands can be offensive to many people. Same act, different views. Kissing goes a little further which increases the chance some will find it offensive in all the previous examples. Groping goes a step further. Simulating sexual acts.....this depends on where you are more than anything. At a dance club, not so much. On a float, very much.

Good post .

I may NOT have  made my main point clear enough for debate here.
For me, it's not people individual actions that's my issue here.
It's having people ASSUME others will eventually like and understand it, IF they are exposed to it.

Seeing a festive pride parade has a reverse effect on me and perhaps most avg people.
It seems like their forcing people to accept and enjoy gay people's lifestyle.

In fact,  we aren't going to be sexually active with most people we meet socially , it's a NON-issue overall.
I prefer to focus on common ground then individual preferences done mostly in private.

For example, I used to workout and compete with a gay friend.
Our personal sex lives were a non-issue when it the gym training .

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2017, 11:58:39 AM »
Good post .

It's having people ASSUME others will eventually like and understand it, IF they are exposed to it.

Seeing a festive pride parade has a reverse effect on me and perhaps most avg people.

In fact,  we aren't going to be sexually active with most people we meet socially , it's a NON-issue overall.
I prefer to focus on common ground then individual preferences done mostly in private.

I live in the bay area and have never bothered even watching it on TV

why are you spending time looking at things you don't like

A KKK parade would disgust me but I haven't bothered to go to one of those either

I'm sure gay people (or KKK) don't give a rats ass if anyone likes or understand them

morbidly obese people disgust me (it's not them so much are their chosen lifestyle) but unfortunately I can't help seeing them virtually every day.

I feel the exact same way about fundie christians but again I must endure their chosen lifestyle

It's just part of living in this country

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2017, 12:13:56 PM »
I live in the bay area and have never bothered even watching it on TV

why are you spending time looking at things you don't like

A KKK parade would disgust me but I haven't bothered to go to one of those either

I'm sure gay people (or KKK) don't give a rats ass if anyone likes or understand them

morbidly obese people disgust me (it's not them so much are their chosen lifestyle) but unfortunately I can't help seeing them virtually every day.

I feel the exact same way about fundie christians but again I must endure their chosen lifestyle

It's just part of living in this country

how could you possibly watch it on TV when you are a frigging participant in all this debauchery and filth!   ;)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2017, 12:39:43 PM »
how could you possibly watch it on TV when you are a frigging participant in all this debauchery and filth!   ;)

more projection from our resident closet case

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2017, 12:45:14 PM »
more projection from our resident closet case

no - i dont want to see you kissing your BF in public - keep that shit private.   Its nasty . 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2017, 01:31:26 PM »
Good post .

I have a theory as to why gay pride and women's rights events, such as parades and demonstrations are sometimes outlandish and disgusting. Many of these folks felt and probably were repressed for a long time. Now that they are being afforded some rights, they're celebrating by getting in peoples faces, much like many teenagers do. It is safe to say these movements are in their formative (teenage) years. Like teens this probably does more harm than good. There are many conservative gay and bisexual folks who also think these parades are more harmful than helpful. I'm in this category, which explains why I have never attended such an event.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2017, 01:34:28 PM »
I have a theory as to why gay pride and women's rights events, such as parades and demonstrations are sometimes outlandish and disgusting. Many of these folks felt and probably were repressed for a long time. Now that they are being afforded some rights, they're celebrating by getting in peoples faces, much like many teenagers do. It is safe to say these movements are in their formative (teenage) years. Like teens this probably does more harm than good. There are many conservative gay and bisexual folks who also think these parades are more harmful than helpful. I'm in this category, which explains why I have never attended such an event.

I thought you were married to a woman?>

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2017, 01:35:13 PM »

He meant his Iphone....just kidding.

How would you know who participates in these events?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2017, 01:38:00 PM »
no - i dont want to see you kissing your BF in public - keep that shit private.   Its nasty . 

Have you ever kissed someone in public? Maybe people saw this and thought the same thing you do.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2017, 01:40:19 PM »
I thought you were married to a woman?>

Yes, my late wife and I were married for over 50 years. What's your point?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2017, 01:41:43 PM »
Have you ever kissed someone in public? Maybe people saw this and thought the same thing you do.

Maybe while drunk in college - thats about it - im not into PDA like we see at those filth fests

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2017, 01:46:40 PM »
Maybe while drunk in college - thats about it - im not into PDA like we see at those filth fests

OK. I was raised to believe as you do. Holding hands and even hugging in public were wrong according to my parents.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2017, 02:11:11 PM »

you come across as perpetually lonely
c

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2017, 02:30:08 PM »
Good point.

My personal view is that we all have a right to express OUR view pt.
BUT, we shouldn't think everyone will eventually  agree with me if I shout long enough.

In the case of gay rights, I believe they should have marriage and employment equality .
It's their personal lifestyle I don't like and that has NOTHING to do with their legal rights.

I fully understand and agree with many of the reasons for "hate crimes" laws.
While we all have a right to THINK and say as we please, we don't have a right to act on that and physically hurt those who are different.

Didn't realize it'd been OK to beat-up on people before those laws.  Thank goodness, then.  Can't have that.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2017, 02:55:21 PM »

Good post.

When I see people doing "in your face", outrageous stuff , I think they're a real assclown.

That's not limited to sexuality in my case.
Here's a few wild acts that I always thought looked pointless and ignorant.

1. Some team wins a championship and fans celebrate the win by setting their coach on fire.

2.  Heavy metal bands destroying their guitars by smashing them on stage.

3. Rap and hip hop performers always waving their arms around and wearing gold ash trays around their neck.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2017, 04:45:39 PM »
Didn't realize it'd been OK to beat-up on people before those laws.  Thank goodness, then.  Can't have that.

Someone posted that homosexuality is illegal in Russia. It isn't. Homosexuals simply have no rights or protections. The result is that violet hate crimes against them are ignored as are all forms of discrimination.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2017, 04:53:39 PM »
Someone posted that homosexuality is illegal in Russia. It isn't. Homosexuals simply have no rights or protections. The result is that violet hate crimes against them are ignored as are all forms of discrimination.

I mean that we've already covered the issue of wrongly beating people up.  We've had it covered from way back when.  (U.S.)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2017, 09:14:12 PM »

LOL

dude just come out of the closet and stop all your obvious projection

no one will give a shit that you're gay

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2017, 09:46:18 AM »

I sure as hell don't think anyone should get beaten up just because someone is homosexual.
On VICE network they showed some human rights protests by the group "Pussy Riot".

Then they showed this one skinny dude jumping around with rainbow wings and mask on a stick.
I hate to  admit this, but his look and behavior made me want to punch him LOL

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2017, 11:17:22 AM »
I sure as hell don't think anyone should get beaten up just because someone is homosexual.
On VICE network they showed some human rights protests by the group "Pussy Riot".

Then they showed this one skinny dude jumping around with rainbow wings and mask on a stick.
I hate to  admit this, but his look and behavior made me want to punch him LOL

Do you believe if you saw this in person, you'd act on your impulse?

Gaycation a documentary series on Viceland provides a world view on LGBT issues. It's interesting to learn how gay folks act and survive in other places, such as Russia and the deep south. They also filmed in Tampa after the gay nightclub massacre. Anyone who thinks violence and hate crimes against gay folks no longer are an issue should watch this documentary show.

Clip from the Brazil episode

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2017, 11:37:01 AM »
Howard,

Honest question.  Are you a closet homophob?