Author Topic: Are married family men truly happy?  (Read 49652 times)

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
Are married family men truly happy?
« on: January 01, 2017, 10:10:46 AM »
I had two friends who seemed to have the perfect life...both fell off the wagon lately, one is signed off sick due to depression caused by stress, or stress caused by depression whatever, for many years I saw the Facebook posts, the new house they bought together, the smiley engagement pics abroad, the "beautiful" wedding and wife, the honey moon and then the many baby pics to follow.

Now there's hardly any posts, I spoke to him, he told me he's been unhappy for many years and felt trapped for a long time.

This is a handsome well to do fella too. Every time I question my solo wolf lifestyle I get a reality check.
S

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
Re: Are married family men truly happy?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 10:12:56 AM »
It's good for some, not for everyone.
You have to know what kind of person you are.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 10:17:55 AM »
It's good for some, not for everyone.
You have to know what kind of person you are.

I guess,

I see some people praise their wives...."she's my rock" "without her I'm nothing"

I've never met a woman that made me feel this way. They're all attracted to what I already had before I ever met them, be my looks, or charisma or career....and if anything they only hold me back, my training suffers, my savings take a hit....etc, every time.
S

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 10:18:22 AM »
Really with this topic again?
Y

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 10:18:57 AM »
You could also say "Are single men truly happy?"

Some are. Some aren't. It all depends on the individual and the circumstances that surround them.

kevin25

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 10:19:28 AM »
Nope 😬

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 10:27:18 AM »
I had two friends who seemed to have the perfect life...both fell off the wagon lately, one is signed off sick due to depression caused by stress, or stress caused by depression whatever, for many years I saw the Facebook posts, the new house they bought together, the smiley engagement pics abroad, the "beautiful" wedding and wife, the honey moon and then the many baby pics to follow.

Now there's hardly any posts, I spoke to him, he told me he's been unhappy for many years and felt trapped for a long time.

This is a handsome well to do fella too. Every time I question my solo wolf lifestyle I get a reality check.

Take away kids and loosing your house, most would pack up and move on...  Saying that being single isn't a bed of roses if all your mates are married or partnerd up either..

I don't hate getting married, you get alot of joy from the kids and being head of the family, but you have to give alot of your life up and its definitely not appreciated, every inch you give they take and want another..

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 10:44:07 AM »
Skorp1o, contrary to popular beliefs and opinions, "happiness" is not a feeling or state of mind. As Aristotle famously argues in his Nicomachean Ethics, happiness (eudaimonia) is an activity (energeia). The fulfillment or satisfaction of an activity effectively stops the joyful practice of that activity. Take the practice of fucking, for example. While engaged in the activity of fucking, the fucker is keenly happy. However, when the satisfaction toward which that activity, it being fucking, is achieved, e.g., in orgasm, post-coital tristesse ensues. The "happiness" of this example lies more in the present tense of 'fucking' rather than in the past-tense of having 'fucked.'

Your married friend seems to confirm this sage wisdom. He seemed "happier" while engaged in the activity of getting married, analogous to 'fucking,' rather than in its upshot of being married (analogous to 'fucked'). So you see, that's why he is not happy, but is indeed fucked (QED).

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 11:13:17 AM »

Take away kids and loosing your house, most would pack up and move on...  Saying that being single isn't a bed of roses if all your mates are married or partnerd up either..

I don't hate getting married, you get alot of joy from the kids and being head of the family, but you have to give alot of your life up and its definitely not appreciated, every inch you give they take and want another..

This x1000, and to top it off what little they do for you is worth the earth...

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 11:22:35 AM »
Entering into a committed, loving marriage can be one of the most gratifying things a man can experience.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 11:26:37 AM »

I recently got a text from one of my best friends asking if I would possibly be interested in having a roommate soon. (We were were roommates in our 20s) Took me by surprise as he seemed to have a great marriage. Never seen any major issues with him and the wife. They must hide it well. She's also decent looking.

Skorp I was actually thinking this same thing the other day. Stopped in a burger place for lunch and looked around at all the couples and thought, are these guys truly happy being married to these 4s and 5s. Probably not  :-\

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2017, 11:28:55 AM »
I guess it depends. I was married and after 4 years I started feeling alone and miserable.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2017, 11:40:22 AM »
I am happy, but I honestly couldn't recommend marriage for any man these days. My wife knows my opinion and agrees with it.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2017, 11:52:40 AM »
I am happy, but I honestly couldn't recommend marriage for any man these days. My wife knows my opinion and agrees with it.

Any pics of the wife for research purposes?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2017, 12:04:26 PM »
I have two females on this planet that adore me and love me.   I'm abundantly blessed and happier than 10 fat men at a Vegas buffet.  Marriage and kids is a death sentence to some.....it's a wonderful life sentence for me.  Nothing brings me more joy than providing for and loving on my girls.  It's unfortunate so many other men don't appreciate or recognize this same blessing.  Gotta get your heart and mind right first.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2017, 12:07:44 PM »
Shame Howard isn't here. He is an expert on being married and single.

Maybe no one uses Facebook anymore also explains lack of posts

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2017, 12:27:01 PM »
Shame Howard isn't here. He is an expert on being married and single.

No,please god no.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2017, 12:43:50 PM »
Any pics of the wife for research purposes?

LOL, no. But I can say that 20 years of group fitness and personal training has left her hard as nails with muscle in all the right places.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2017, 12:50:09 PM »
LOL, no. But I can say that 20 years of group fitness and personal training has left her hard as nails with muscle in all the right places.

Same here.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2017, 12:50:17 PM »

Some glute shots?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2017, 12:58:33 PM »
She's vacuuming the carpet right in front of me wearing workout wear that's still wet from her workout.

Hack Benchers

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2017, 01:03:34 PM »
I am married and have 3 kids. It is fullfilling BUT it also keeps me wondering from time to time what could be achieved/accompliced ( for example career wise and saving up money) without having these responsibilities ( there is no turning back, it is a one way street)

Hack Benchers

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2017, 01:04:35 PM »
She's vacuuming the carpet right in front of me wearing workout wear that's still wet from her workout.
Disgusting.......

Please PM me some pics!!

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2017, 01:05:39 PM »
Disgusting.......

Please PM me some pics!!

She's probably just a Joon gimmick.  ;D

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2017, 01:08:41 PM »
She's probably just a Joon gimmick.  ;D

She's gonna put on something tight and sexy and then make some dinner, which will be high-protein, low carb bodybuilding food.

I am actually not making this up, LMAO.