Author Topic: Who on here sometimes just wants to say fuck it all  (Read 1948 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Who on here sometimes just wants to say fuck it all
« on: January 01, 2017, 07:10:33 PM »
Just throw away the shit life you have and do something vastly different. Not show up for work one day and just seek out a deeper meaning, whatever that is to you. Something along the lines of the kid from Into the Wild but without dying.  :-X

Rudee

• Getbig V
Re: Who on here sometimes just wants to say fuck it all
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 07:25:36 PM »
The streets and homeless shelters are full of these types of people.  I'm sure David Dearth can even tell you lots about the exciting "fuck it all" lifestyle.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 11:02:08 PM »
Mods feel free to move to general topics or delete.

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 12:26:46 AM »
Fuck it all! I'm leaving, I'm going to find a vastly different thread.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 01:40:41 AM »
i once said fuck it all and hit the gym without a pwo !!!

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 04:14:31 AM »
I once did.

I was studying IT when my gf broke up with me and left me devastated. I felt that I simply could not go on living my life the same way and I was truly unhappy for the first time in my life and so I decided to pack my backpack and leave everything behind. I travelled around the world for about 5 years before I started to settle down again. At first I was just living in a tent in remote places with no people around but after a while I realized that I needed people around me to be happy although it was a great experience for sure...and at times dangerous too but back then I only felt truly alive after facing life-threatening situations.

I certainly don't regret my decision because it is part of what made me the person I am today and I wouldn't trade those experiences for anything else but of course there are many downsides to a lifestyle like that. When I got back I had a hard time finding back into a "normal" life and while most of my old friends were graduating and getting good jobs I only had my backpack full of dirty clothes.

Now almost 10 years later I'm in a loving relationship, got a good job and it seems everything is finally coming together and I'm happy... but there were some very bad times until I got to this point and even now not everything is sorted out but I guess that's just life.

To be honest I would not recommend doing something similar because it's going to end bad for most people I guess at least the way I did it. You can still take a year off after you've finished university/education and at least plan some things ahead. I do think though that it's a great experience to just go to a remote place and live off the land for a while because even though I think that humanity made great progress it is just not natural for a human being to never have to worry about food, water and shelter. It certainly changed my way of thinking and shows you what is really important in life.

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 05:40:55 AM »
I am a hustler I dont believe in 9 to 5 those people are zombies get up travel to the same location everyday eat at a certain time leave at a certain time doing the same thing everyday no way I could live like that, I make my own path march to the beat of my own drum and I would not have it any other way.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 05:53:39 AM »
Just throw away the shit life you have and do something vastly different. Not show up for work one day and just seek out a deeper meaning, whatever that is to you. Something along the lines of the kid from Into the Wild but without dying.  :-X

I know many people who did this.  They felt great initially, then as they blew through their savings, their situation only became worse and worse. 

Maybe this is more appropriate for when you're diagnosed with a terminal illness and you only have a few weeks/months left to live.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 05:56:10 AM »
I might start lifting weights again
a

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 05:58:02 AM »
Been thinking about setting up a tent and living like a drifter in the middle of war torn Syria.

Simple Simon

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 07:33:02 AM »
I am a hustler I dont believe in 9 to 5 those people are zombies get up travel to the same location everyday eat at a certain time leave at a certain time doing the same thing everyday no way I could live like that, I make my own path march to the beat of my own drum and I would not have it any other way.
Freeloading conman outed.

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 08:22:42 AM »
Yes, thought of leaving everything to live in the Caribbean with a remedial job just enough to live off

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 09:09:03 AM »
Yes, thought of leaving everything to live in the Caribbean with a remedial job just enough to live off

Yeah, would be fun to bar tend at a high priced resort in Caribbean or Aruba, etc...
Enough to live off of, and laid back...

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 09:17:38 AM »
I have a friend whom walked away from everything and has been traveling on his bicycle. His plan is to spend 2-3 years riding/camping around the world. What's interesting is seeing him turn into a drunk and make bizarre blog entries of his days. Almost like Tom Hanks in "Castaway" going mentally ill real fast. Not sure if he'll make it around the world in this condition.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 09:26:20 AM »
I have a friend whom walked away from everything and has been traveling on his bicycle. His plan is to spend 2-3 years riding/camping around the world. What's interesting is seeing him turn into a drunk and make bizarre blog entries of his days. Almost like Tom Hanks in "Castaway" going mentally ill real fast. Not sure if he'll make it around the world in this condition.

This can happen to people quite easily when they have no value/purpose.  They eventually lose sense of who they are.  

The Hanks character in that movie was doing his best to hang onto his sanity.

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2017, 09:30:45 AM »
I agree. He's convinced he'll come back, after 2-3 years of nomadic traveling, and enter the work force again. I highly doubt that. I'd imagine trying to re-enter the working world, etc would be difficult after bike camping for so long.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2017, 09:32:40 AM »
I agree. He's convinced he'll come back, after 2-3 years of nomadic traveling, and enter the work force again. I highly doubt that. I'd imagine trying to re-enter the working world, etc would be difficult after bike camping for so long.

But perhaps something good to put on a resume  :D :D

1/2014 - 1/2017:

-Just did a bunch of shit (e.g., rode my bicycle, drank)
X

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2017, 10:18:31 AM »
Who on here sometimes just wants to say fuck it all... and stop posting on getbig?[/size]

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2017, 10:20:18 AM »
Yeah, would be fun to bar tend at a high priced resort in Caribbean or Aruba, etc...
Enough to live off of, and laid back...
I always knew you loved the cocktail.

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2017, 09:51:37 AM »

Difficult yes but certainly not impossible.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2017, 10:14:06 AM »
Every day broseph.  The only thing that keeps me at my job is I get paid really well and get awesome bonuses.  Would I love to just be a PT and hang out in a gym all day training horny moms in yoga pants?  Damn fucking right, but I love the money I make more.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2017, 10:17:06 AM »
Every day broseph.  The only thing that keeps me at my job is I get paid really well and get awesome bonuses.  Would I love to just be a PT and hang out in a gym all day training horny moms in yoga pants?  Damn fucking right, but I love the money I make more.

I used to do that.

High school-esque drama nonstop. Had me begging for a quiet desk job. LOL.

Now I do both. I train 3 Clients (3x week) for play money. Find a good medium.
a

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2017, 10:44:31 AM »
I just up and left Massachusettes for Florida years ago and now reside in Northern NY.

Fuck it !!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2017, 10:46:28 AM »
I just up and left Massachusettes for Florida years ago and now reside in Northern NY.

Fuck it !!

What was it like when you left Constantinople for Babylon?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2017, 10:47:39 AM »
What was it like when you left Constantinople for Babylon?
You fucker!!  LOL  :D