Author Topic: You don't throw blackie from the train  (Read 4686 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
You don't throw blackie from the train
« on: January 02, 2017, 06:25:11 AM »
Black women's book club win $11m discrimination lawsuit against train company after they were kicked off a Napa wine tour for 'laughing too loudly'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3547267/Black-women-s-book-club-win-11m-discrimination-lawsuit-against-train-company-kicked-Napa-wine-tour-laughing-loudly.html

A group of women who filed a $11million racial discrimination complaint after being removed from a train during a wine tour have reached a settlement.

The 11-strong party, which included 10 African-Americans, were ordered off the Napa Valley vintage trip last August after other passengers allegedly complained they were being too loud.

They filed a lawsuit asking for $1m each after claiming they were humiliated and discriminated against by staff who told them several times to lower their voices.

Their lawyer yesterday revealed they have come to an 'amicable settlement' six months after filing the lawsuit at the U.S. District Court in northern California.

Waukeen McCoy, who did not disclose the terms of the settlement, said: 'We hope that other businesses learn from this case and implement diversity and sensitivity training for employees.'

Train company officials could not be immediately reached for comment.

The women, who are members of a book club called Sisters on the Reading Edge, boarded the train in Napa on August 22.

a

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: You don't throw blackie from the train
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 06:32:26 AM »
Holy shit, a $1,000,000 plus for that. Sends a bad message to anyone in the service industry.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 06:33:08 AM »
Had it been a group of white lasses they would have had the case thrown out and probably heavily fined.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 06:33:44 AM »
Ridiculous...

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 06:34:27 AM »
muscatels gonna muscatel

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 06:35:15 AM »
So having been mildly incovenienced and upset is emotional pain equal to 1 million dollars?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 06:41:40 AM »
I guess those  snow beasts learned an expensive message didn't they?

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 06:46:01 AM »
I guess those  snow beasts learned an expensive message didn't they?

I heard that all african-americans will now be given preferential treatment in the caboose 
a

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 06:50:33 AM »
Everyone knows blacks are loud and obnoxious especially in big groups,they should have been awarded nothing.Nice country America.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 06:59:05 AM »
a

Simple Simon

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 07:05:36 AM »

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 07:26:34 AM »
A group of black women being too loud?  Nah, I don't believe that for a second.   ;D

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 07:27:44 AM »
Everyone knows blacks are loud and obnoxious especially in big groups,they should have been awarded nothing.Nice country America.

X1000, you have no idea how fucking ridiculously loud and obnoxious they are. What a joke this is, how the hell did they agree to settle

Simple Simon

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 07:30:57 AM »
A group of drunk black women being too loud?  Nah, I don't believe that for a second.   ;D

fixed

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 07:33:43 AM »
Segregated wine tours... that's the ticket.

Simple Simon

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2017, 07:35:12 AM »
I dont understand how they can claim the tour company was discriminatory, if they had been they wouldn't have been on the train in the first place.

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2017, 07:38:57 AM »
They went after $11m, they didn't get $11m.

But even if they got $11 it shows the white guilt that runs too many US institutions. There needs to be an acceptance that some races of people work harder, contribute more, and follow the rules better than others.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2017, 07:45:03 AM »
They went after $11m, they didn't get $11m.

But even if they got $11 it shows the white guilt that runs too many US institutions. There needs to be an acceptance that some races of people work harder, contribute more, and follow the rules better than others.

Don't worry... the coming economic collapse and preceding civil/race war will sort a lot of this stuff out. 

Buy ammo now while it's still cheap and available.

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2017, 07:49:35 AM »
Don't worry... the coming economic collapse and preceding civil/race war will sort a lot of this stuff out. 

Buy ammo now while it's still cheap and available.

Where I live in LA will be fine. You can't siphon gas from a Tesla, no sneaker stores, and too many hills for the lazy bastards to climb up.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2017, 07:58:05 AM »
Where I live in LA will be fine. You can't siphon gas from a Tesla, no sneaker stores, and too many hills for the lazy bastards to climb up.

Los Angeles or Louisiana? 

After they pillage and burn down own neighborhoods first, then they move to the nicer areas.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2017, 08:01:54 AM »
Black women's book club win $11m discrimination lawsuit against train company after they were kicked off a Napa wine tour for 'laughing too loudly'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3547267/Black-women-s-book-club-win-11m-discrimination-lawsuit-against-train-company-kicked-Napa-wine-tour-laughing-loudly.html

A group of women who filed a $11million racial discrimination complaint after being removed from a train during a wine tour have reached a settlement.

The 11-strong party, which included 10 African-Americans, were ordered off the Napa Valley vintage trip last August after other passengers allegedly complained they were being too loud.

They filed a lawsuit asking for $1m each after claiming they were humiliated and discriminated against by staff who told them several times to lower their voices.

Their lawyer yesterday revealed they have come to an 'amicable settlement' six months after filing the lawsuit at the U.S. District Court in northern California.

Waukeen McCoy, who did not disclose the terms of the settlement, said: 'We hope that other businesses learn from this case and implement diversity and sensitivity training for employees.'

Train company officials could not be immediately reached for comment.

The women, who are members of a book club called Sisters on the Reading Edge, boarded the train in Napa on August 22.

DAMN!

Almost makes you wish you were a blackie!

Talk about easy money (million dollars just for chuckin', jivin', tootin' and hollerin'!!!) complaining about discrimination all the time!
Q

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2017, 08:05:22 AM »
im going to guess that booking for wine tours by blacks

will be at a record high
T

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2017, 08:05:32 AM »
DAMN!

Almost makes you wish you were a blackie!

Talk about easy money (million dollars just for chuckin', jivin', tootin' and hollerin'!!!) complaining about discrimination all the time!

I wonder if that single white woman in the group gets anything?... probably not.

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2017, 08:06:52 AM »
Los Angeles or Louisiana? 

After they pillage and burn down own neighborhoods first, then they move to the nicer areas.

Los Angeles.

The only blacks I see on the westside are the occasional waiter, cop, or aggressive bum in Santa Monica.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2017, 08:07:04 AM »
I wonder if that single white woman in the group gets anything?... probably not.

And imagine if us regular folks would complain on a thing like that.

We wouldnt get one single cent! :D
Q