Author Topic: US adds just 156k jobs, unemployment rate climbs to 4.7%  (Read 847 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: US adds just 156k jobs, unemployment rate climbs to 4.7%
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 06:17:37 AM »
4.7%= closer to 10-11% UE

This will give Andre a headache

James

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 06:52:22 AM »
And during that same month probably twice that amount came here between illegals crossing the border and refugees brought here by obama.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 07:40:55 PM »
It's going to get worse as Amazon continues to do to Wal Mart what Wal Mart did to mom and pop shops in the 80s and 90s.

FFS Sears sold off Craftsman this week. Sign of the times. Brick and mortar retail is going the way of the newspaper right before our eyes.

Further consolidation in service industries are next and that will be the end of the 20th century supplier/consumer model.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 11:01:26 PM »
4.7%= closer to 10-11% UE

This will give Andre a headache

I'm sure Trump will fix it
A

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 03:12:17 AM »
It's going to get worse as Amazon continues to do to Wal Mart what Wal Mart did to mom and pop shops in the 80s and 90s.

FFS Sears sold off Craftsman this week. Sign of the times. Brick and mortar retail is going the way of the newspaper right before our eyes.

Further consolidation in service industries are next and that will be the end of the 20th century supplier/consumer model.

QFT..
Macy's closing 65 stores...
Etc...

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 04:25:14 AM »

They are evolving. Sears actually owns all of the property their store sit on. They are redeveloping most and brining on more tenants. Shit, Berkshire Hathaway was a shirt manufacturer in the 60's according to my mom. Evolve with the times or die out. Only thing you can do to save mom and pop is to shop small. I usually do, aside from Lowes on occasion when my local hardware store doesn't have what I'm looking for.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 06:31:13 AM »

QFT..
Macy's closing 65 stores...
Etc...

Good,  maybe thy shouldn't be selling collard greens for $50 calling them authentic Southern cuisine
A

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 06:49:05 AM »
They are evolving. Sears actually owns all of the property their store sit on. They are redeveloping most and brining on more tenants. Shit, Berkshire Hathaway was a shirt manufacturer in the 60's according to my mom. Evolve with the times or die out. Only thing you can do to save mom and pop is to shop small. I usually do, aside from Lowes on occasion when my local hardware store doesn't have what I'm looking for.

The whole merger with Kmart coming out of bankruptcy was a crap deal. The guy that heads everything up is a real estate guy and planned to liquidate retail anyway....which has proven smart as they can't run with Amazon. Commercial real estate will crater as well as outlots and new buildings will not be needed. In 5 years there will be no specialty stores like Staples or Best Buy if the market share to Amazon continues as it is.

Wal Mart is about to become the world's largest dollar store franchise.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 07:31:45 AM »

Good,  maybe thy shouldn't be selling collard greens for $50 calling them authentic Southern cuisine

are collard greens not authentic, Southern cuisine though?
a