Author Topic: How much water is too much  (Read 2809 times)

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
How much water is too much
« on: April 01, 2006, 11:18:52 PM »
yesterday i put away like 2 1/2 gallons of water, i normally only drink 1 to 1 1/2.

ive heard that too much is bad.....so how much is too much my friends?

personal training blog and website SEO

chrisg

• Getbig II
  • "No! Try not! Do! Or do not. There is no try."
Re: How much water is too much
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 12:22:23 AM »
i don't have a number for you, but my cousin once told me about a guy he knew that drank so much water every day that he had to be hospitalized becuz he literally washed all the nutrients in his body away and he became sick. i just know that as a minimum, you're supposed to drink 4 quarts (1 gallon) to stay hydrated. start adding massive amounts of food to that and especially supplements and i really don't think 2 gallons would be dangerous, depending on your size and what/how much you're consuming. just remember these words: CLEAR AND COPIUS(sp?). that means you should be drinking enough water that your piss is clear and there's a lot of it. i know vitamin C can turn piss orange, but i dunno if you're drinking lots of water if that will make a difference.
P.R.: ate four lbs p-butter in 3 days

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 08:52:45 PM »
yeah my water is back under control

thanks for the advice mate

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 06:35:45 AM »
Yes too much can have an adverse affect, it's called hyponaetremia (sp)

Kids that think they can beat a drug test by drinking 4-5 gallons of water actually do harm.

Best gage.... if your urine is a faint color or clear, you are getting enough water.....

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 02:35:22 PM »
There's an additional adverse effect, whereby the electrolytes in your blood become diluted.  Your body interprets this as being hungry and your appetite actually increases.  Thus, those who are drinking large amounts of water as an appetite suppressant actually get the reverse effect.  Moderation really ends up being a matter of common sense, more than a set amount, but I would avoid more than 1 liter in an hour under any circumstances.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 08:45:42 PM »
Simple:

Pee six clear urinations per day. ;)
just not good enough

Xecutioner

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 07:15:38 AM »
How many litres are in a gallon?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 09:52:00 AM »
Simple:

Pee six clear urinations per day. ;)

unless you take Vitamin B..then pee neon yellow ;D
Jennifer

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 12:50:36 PM »
yesterday i put away like 2 1/2 gallons of water, i normally only drink 1 to 1 1/2.

ive heard that too much is bad.....so how much is too much my friends?

Toward the end of pre-competition diets, when carbs have been gradually reduced, I have been able to drink up to 3 gallons of water a day and had no side effects.  I actually felt great.  I didn't know that I could ever drink so much water.  I didn't know that any human being could drink so much water.  Then, I find out that Skip Lacour drinks 5 gallons of water a day.  Yet, Skip is in great health and shape.  How much water is too much depends on the individual and on his/her life style.