Author Topic: HardFitness Issue #15 Waleska Valle Cover Model  (Read 3414 times)

jclopez

• Getbig II
  • Photographer
HardFitness Issue #15 Waleska Valle Cover Model
« on: April 02, 2006, 09:33:22 AM »
Hi

This month our cover model is IFBB Figure Waleska Valle from San Diego, CA. Waleska just competed at the SF  Pro and looked really good on stage.
Great articles and video interviews included as always.

www.hardfitness.com/emagazine/issue15/issue15.html

Would like to thank all the people who wrote the articles.  Some noteworthy articles are "Boosman Fitness Classic Preview" by Kaisa Piippo. "Bodybuilding Art" by Christian Podgorski, "Getting a pro card in Europe" by Annika Warg and many others. Video Interviews from the Arnold and SF Pro show 2006 included as well.
Comments are welcome, suggestions please and also criticisms. 
thanks,
JC
jc@hardfitness.com

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: HardFitness Issue #15 Waleska Valle Cover Model
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 10:21:07 AM »
Comments are welcome, suggestions please and also criticisms. 

Criticism: You take so many good photos (I have seen some on other sites) that it makes me wonder what on earth you're thinking when you select your cover shots.

In other words, you have managed to put together yet another crappy-looking cover.  Although Waleska looks very nice, that cluttered background you've featured her against destroys the image.

You really ought to request feedback on potential cover shots *before* publishing them.  I know your ego is huge, but you'd be better off in the long run asking for help with shot selection.

midknight

• Getbig IV
  • Soon, you will know the meaning of pain.
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 10:25:27 AM »
Criticism: You take so many good photos (I have seen some on other sites) that it makes me wonder what on earth you're thinking when you select your cover shots.

In other words, you have managed to put together yet another crappy-looking cover.  Although Waleska looks very nice, that cluttered background you've featured her against destroys the image.

You really ought to request feedback on potential cover shots *before* publishing them.  I know your ego is huge, but you'd be better off in the long run asking for help with shot selection.

YES! PLEASE! JC, spare us and the wonderful girls that you try to represent another bad cover! Improve your craft!
pain day

phantomfan

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 10:43:13 AM »

Surely you jest. Ego? JC? Noooo....Well ok, you're right. He has taken "some" pretty good pics but I also understand that he sometimes argues with his models over the pics he "chooses". Believe it or not JC, you're there for them. And while it may seem to be a symbionic relationship, they are not there for you, and although you run an online magazine, it's still the internet and not print. Let's keep that ego in check. That is at least until your work is plastered all over in print. The good thing about that is that at least then, someone else will be making the decisions on what the public will see. I guess a lot of these girls are new/naieve to the business. So any pics are good pics. But pretty soon, they'll catch on....go get em tiger.