Author Topic: STUDY: Christians are the most persecuted religious group in the world.  (Read 3463 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Study: 90K Christians Were Killed for Their Faith in 2016

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: STUDY: Christians are the most persecuted religious group in the world.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 12:51:25 PM »
Congratulations

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 12:57:00 PM »
Congratulations

Thank you!  Congratulations to you, for Trump's victory!

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 12:59:28 PM »
How many of these people were killed in muslim countries or by "moderate" muslim terrorists?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 01:03:24 PM »
Thank you!  Congratulations to you, for Trump's victory!

Thanks

He's promised to lower my taxes, get rid of Dodd Frank (which will help my business) and make my insurance better and cheaper

I'm looking forward to all of that happening

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 01:45:58 PM »
How many of these people were killed in muslim countries or by "moderate" muslim terrorists?

All of them!

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 02:05:21 PM »
Non nobis, Domine
a

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 02:15:17 PM »
Thanks

He's promised to lower my taxes, get rid of Dodd Frank (which will help my business) and make my insurance better and cheaper

Why are you so angry then? Your posts are often longwinded, tear-filled babbling.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 02:33:55 PM »
Why are you so angry then? Your posts are often longwinded, tear-filled babbling.

WTF are you talking about ?

Did you get your period?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 09:22:55 AM »
Thanks

Good for you!  Again, congratulations!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 01:01:23 PM »
Thanks

Won't it keep you up at night that you might not be paying your "fair share"?

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 04:28:55 PM »
Unfortunately there are not so many nations defending the Christianity these days.
Luckily one still fight for the Christians and Byzantium heritage.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2017, 05:52:56 PM »
WTF are you talking about ?

Did you get your period?
See? You are doing it again.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2017, 12:59:23 AM »
Are you sure?

The mainstream media has assured me that #1 issue of concern in religion is the rise of Islamaphobia.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2017, 06:56:32 AM »

[THIS VIDEO HAS BEEN DELETED BY HILLARY CLINTON]

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 11:31:29 AM »

How do you feel about Trumps bromance (or more likely servitude) to Putin

I know you're aware of the new laws in Russia that basically allow (actually mandate) rampant persecution of Christians (along with other religions)

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2016/june/no-evangelizing-outside-of-church-russia-proposes.html

http://www.christianpost.com/news/christians-russia-fear-kgb-style-crackdowns-putin-signs-law-banning-evangelism-166318/

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 11:37:06 AM »

I know you're aware of the new laws in Russia that basically allow (actually mandate) rampant persecution of Christians (along with other religions)

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2016/june/no-evangelizing-outside-of-church-russia-proposes.html

http://www.christianpost.com/news/christians-russia-fear-kgb-style-crackdowns-putin-signs-law-banning-evangelism-166318/

I'm just delighted that Hillary lost. 

How do you feel about this?

Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation Amid Russian Uranium Deal

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?_r=0

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2017, 11:41:45 AM »
I'm just delighted that Hillary lost.  

How do you feel about this?

Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation Amid Russian Uranium Deal

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?_r=0

weird. I ask you a question about the specific topic you created....persecution of Christians, and you deflect to a different topic rather than answer

here's a link for your attempt to avoid my question

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-uranium-russia-deal/

now, why not just give us your opinion or Russia's institutionalized persecution of Christians

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2017, 11:49:07 AM »
weird. I ask you a question about the specific topic you created....persecution of Christians, and you deflect to a different topic rather than answer

You asked how I feel about an alleged "Trump bromance (or more likely servitude) to Putin", something you liberals have made up.

I asked you how you feel about an actual relationship between the woman you voted for and Putin.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2017, 11:57:18 AM »

That must be just the Orthodox church campaigning against other branches.
Orthodox church is very influential in Russia.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2017, 12:20:44 PM »

That must be just the Orthodox church campaigning against other branches.
Orthodox church is very influential in Russia.

so basically the state sponsored church is safe and all other sects of Christianity are subject to persecution ?

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2017, 12:52:23 PM »
so basically the state sponsored church is safe and all other sects of Christianity are subject to persecution ?

Ah, it's because of muzzies. Should have guessed. But they can't apply specific rules just for the muzzies.

This is the law in question:

The Yarovaya Law (rus. Закон Яровой) refers to a pair of Russian federal bills, 374-FZ and 375-FZ, passed in 2016.[1] The bills amend a pre-existing counter-terrorism law and separate laws regulating additional counter-terror and public safety measures. It is known to the public under the last name of one of its creators—Irina Yarovaya.

The amendments add a new provision to Russia's Religion Law, stating that "missionary activity" may only be performed "without hindrance" at churches and other religious sites designated by the chapter, and that it is expressly forbidden to perform missionary activities in private residences. "Missionary activity" is defined as "the activity of a religious association, aimed at disseminating information about its beliefs among people who are not participants (members, followers) in that religious association, with the purpose of involving these people as participants (members, followers). It is carried out directly by religious associations or by citizens and/or legal entities authorised by them, publicly, with the help of the media, the internet or other lawful means."[9] Missionary activities may not be used to pursue violations of public safety, "the motivation of citizens to refuse to fulfil their civic duties as established by law and to commit other illegal acts", suicide, or the refusal of medical treatment on religious grounds as aims.[9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yarovaya_Law#Anti-evangelism_provisions

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2017, 01:02:39 PM »
Ah, it's because of muzzies. Should have guessed. But they can't apply specific rules just for the muzzies.

This is the law in question:

The Yarovaya Law (rus. Закон Яровой) refers to a pair of Russian federal bills, 374-FZ and 375-FZ, passed in 2016.[1] The bills amend a pre-existing counter-terrorism law and separate laws regulating additional counter-terror and public safety measures. It is known to the public under the last name of one of its creators—Irina Yarovaya.

The amendments add a new provision to Russia's Religion Law, stating that "missionary activity" may only be performed "without hindrance" at churches and other religious sites designated by the chapter, and that it is expressly forbidden to perform missionary activities in private residences. "Missionary activity" is defined as "the activity of a religious association, aimed at disseminating information about its beliefs among people who are not participants (members, followers) in that religious association, with the purpose of involving these people as participants (members, followers). It is carried out directly by religious associations or by citizens and/or legal entities authorised by them, publicly, with the help of the media, the internet or other lawful means."[9] Missionary activities may not be used to pursue violations of public safety, "the motivation of citizens to refuse to fulfil their civic duties as established by law and to commit other illegal acts", suicide, or the refusal of medical treatment on religious grounds as aims.[9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yarovaya_Law#Anti-evangelism_provisions

so you're saying that Russians can't write laws specific to Muslims?

Why not?  

Would Putin have any reason to want to suppress other religions who members might also be opposed to his regime?

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2017, 01:15:26 PM »
so you're saying that Russians can't write laws specific to Muslims?

Why not?  

Wouldn't Putin have any reason to want to suppress other religions who members might also be opposed to his regime?

It would naturally be against the constitution to write laws discriminating one religion.
I doubt any other religion poses security concerns. Never heard of Christian taking school full of children hostage in Russia.

Although the lawmakers might have had something else in mind too. American person became "first victim" of the new legislation. Is that a coincidence.

American man among 1st victims of Russian ban on evangelism

Donald Ossewaarde, a Baptist minister, was working in the city of Oryol, about 360 kilometres south-southwest of Moscow when he was visited by police.

They accused him of “unlawfully conducting missionary activity” by having Bible meetings at his home.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/08/american-man-among-1st-victims-of-russian-ban-on-evangelism/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2017, 04:17:11 PM »
It would naturally be against the constitution to write laws discriminating one religion.
I doubt any other religion poses security concerns. Never heard of Christian taking school full of children hostage in Russia.

Although the lawmakers might have had something else in mind too. American person became "first victim" of the new legislation. Is that a coincidence.

American man among 1st victims of Russian ban on evangelism

Donald Ossewaarde, a Baptist minister, was working in the city of Oryol, about 360 kilometres south-southwest of Moscow when he was visited by police.

They accused him of “unlawfully conducting missionary activity” by having Bible meetings at his home.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/08/american-man-among-1st-victims-of-russian-ban-on-evangelism/

Russia has a well known history of suppressing all religions and anything that could be viewed as a moral authority vs. the authority of the state.

If the intent was to go after "muzzies" then they could just choose to only enforce the law against "muzzies" and no one would stop them or criticize them

It's pretty obvious that they very much want to suppress (and persecute) Christians along with all other religions other than the state sanctioned Orthodox church

Maybe comrade Trump will bring this idea to the US as part of his plan to make us great again