Author Topic: UFC Penn V Rodriguez  (Read 4681 times)

Elvis_McCartney

• Getbig II
Re: UFC Penn V Rodriguez
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2017, 02:58:47 PM »

shows you made $2,500 on a $10,000 bet.

HAHA,  NOPE, Risk 10,000 to WIN 12,500.  

Do you know what +125 is?

You bet a dollar and win $1.25.

So I ended up with $22,500.  You don't consider "winning" your original bet amount of $10,000.  Since that's mine already.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2017, 03:06:15 PM »
HAHA,  NOPE, Risk 10,000 to WIN 12,500.  Don't you know anything about betting?

So I ended up with $22,500.  You don't consider "winning" your original bet amount of $10,000.  Since that's mine already.

You've never bet before  have you?

Sorry, I misread that.  Good job!

Elvis_McCartney

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2017, 04:12:35 PM »
Sorry, I misread that.  Good job!

NO problem. I usually don't ever bet that big.  Last night I bet 600 to win something like a 110 bucks, because the odds were so bad. But I knew BJ had no excuse to even be in the cage with Rodriguez.  Plus the last 2 times BJ fought he was demolished.  Father time is undefeated.

The next bet (if you're interested) for me is Chael Sonnen vs. Tito Ortiz.  Chael is the favorite at -160.   Which is still great odds on him.

I'm dropping @2K to win $1,250.  It's about a sure of a thing as it gets.  Plus Tito is retiring after this fight.  When someone already has the mindset of retirement they shouldn't step foot in the cage.

There's lots of places to bet online.   My favorite is Bovada.lv

They pay out fast and have never had a problem with them in 3 years.

Heck, even betting just a $100 bucks will win you $62.50   :)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2017, 04:53:06 PM »
HAHA,  NOPE, Risk 10,000 to WIN 12,500.  

So I ended up with $22,500.  You don't consider "winning" your original bet amount of $10,000.  Since that's mine already.

Thats friggin great Elvis! Grats!

Q

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2017, 07:45:32 PM »
NO problem. I usually don't ever bet that big.  Last night I bet 600 to win something like a 110 bucks, because the odds were so bad. But I knew BJ had no excuse to even be in the cage with Rodriguez.  Plus the last 2 times BJ fought he was demolished.  Father time is undefeated.

The next bet (if you're interested) for me is Chael Sonnen vs. Tito Ortiz.  Chael is the favorite at -160.   Which is still great odds on him.

I'm dropping @2K to win $1,250.  It's about a sure of a thing as it gets.  Plus Tito is retiring after this fight.  When someone already has the mindset of retirement they shouldn't step foot in the cage.

There's lots of places to bet online.   My favorite is Bovada.lv

They pay out fast and have never had a problem with them in 3 years.

Heck, even betting just a $100 bucks will win you $62.50   :)

Well thought out. The betting game seems a lot less like luck when you see somebody that is doing their due diligence. I can appreciate that. Have seen a lot of guys emotionally bet on their favorite team, fighter, etc...great way to lose one's ass. What about online bets for mainstream American sports like NFL, NHL, NBA? Still sites like bovada or are some better for certain sports?

Elvis_McCartney

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2017, 12:07:19 AM »

Well thought out. The betting game seems a lot less like luck when you see somebody that is doing their due diligence. I can appreciate that. Have seen a lot of guys emotionally bet on their favorite team, fighter, etc...great way to lose one's ass. What about online bets for mainstream American sports like NFL, NHL, NBA? Still sites like bovada or are some better for certain sports?

Not sure SOMEPARTS. They usually are all pretty close to the same odds.  But you can bet on just about anything.  Like what round it will end and if it's a KO or submission, etc.  Those are sucker bets IMO.

I'll tell you this, everytime I've bet on a game, be it football or baseball or basketball, I've lost, LOL.  There's just too many variables for you to make it worth your time.

But with MMA and it being a one on one sport I think it's a lot easier to make money.  Sure anyone can get caught on any night.  But those are the out-layers  and not the norm.

in the past 2 years I've gone something like 10-2.  And one of those fights I'm 100% sure was a fixed fight.  Talking about Ken Shamrock and Kimbo Slice.  When someone has you in a rear naked choke you don't get out of it.  Or at least a non-grappler like Kimbo.  But I lost on that one. And it looked fake as hell too.

But more than made up for it on the other 10 fights that I did win.  If you really keep up with the sport (I do) I think you can at least break even and better.   IN 2 years I've won around $30K and lost $4.  Not too bad.  And my emotions are not in it at all.  Except for when they fight, LOL.  I don't bet on a favorite, like you mentioned someone betting their favorite team. You're right on the money on that analogy for sure.  Good Luck!

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2017, 09:42:09 AM »
Penn was washed up 5 years ago....Shitty matchup.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2017, 10:25:59 AM »
Penn was washed up 5 years ago....Shitty matchup.

They do what they can to save a card of Peace.
Q

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2017, 05:04:21 PM »
Is betting on fights legal? ???

Never thought about it before, might be fun though...

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2017, 05:16:56 AM »
Is betting on fights legal? ???

Never thought about it before, might be fun though...
Most if not all online and walk-in bookmakers (betting shops) take bets on ufc fights now and have done for a while. I usually go for accumulated bets like bet on 5 fights or so and have to get all winners. Never bet more than €100 at a time though so it's only a bit of fun cos usually some fighter (miesha tate in her last fight, Louis smolka V Ray borg) let's me down to get all wins

Elvis_McCartney

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2017, 08:45:41 AM »
Most if not all online and walk-in bookmakers (betting shops) take bets on ufc fights now and have done for a while. I usually go for accumulated bets like bet on 5 fights or so and have to get all winners. Never bet more than €100 at a time though so it's only a bit of fun cos usually some fighter (miesha tate in her last fight, Louis smolka V Ray borg) let's me down to get all wins

Wizard, you're talking about "Parlays" and yes, when you win on parlays that include 3 or 4 or 5 fights you can win pretty dang big on a small bet.  I've never tried that myself.  But would be kind of cool to drop a small bet on some cool parlays to win your money back 2000%, LOL.