Author Topic: Mayweather v McGregor  (Read 14097 times)

Simple Simon

Mayweather v McGregor
« on: January 14, 2017, 10:16:57 AM »

Not even close, Mayweather will embarrass him.

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: Mayweather v McGregor
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 10:17:34 AM »
it will never happen

to many egos

take dana white out the mix and its good to go
T

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 10:18:06 AM »
Floyd won't get out of bed for $25 million.

Simple Simon

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 10:19:00 AM »

He cleared $100M in the Pac fight.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 10:22:29 AM »
The other day Floyd was on ESPN First Take. Floyd said the negotionions fell apart because McGregor was asking for too much money.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 10:25:13 AM »

X2

Why should he get the same guarantee as Connor McHype?  Give McGregor $25 and Money $50 and work out the ppv revenues.

This fight being sanctioned would be something else, Connor is not a boxer and Floyd isnt a mixed martial  artist. Itd be like a a MLB team signing a 29 year old former NFL qb because hes a good athlete, even though he hadn't played baseball since his junior year of high school.

Just ridiculous

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 10:26:21 AM »
Just a straight boxing match it's one of the most one sided bouts in history. Utterly ridiculous to think that Mcgregor could even land a glove on Mayweather. Unless they come up with some variation to the rules I won't be watching this farce, if they make it.

Simple Simon

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 10:33:20 AM »
Just a straight boxing match it's one of the most one sided bouts in history. Utterly ridiculous to think that Mcgregor could even land a glove on Mayweather. Unless they come up with some variation to the rules I won't be watching this farce, if they make it.
Nate Diaz picked him apart boxing, how on earth does he think he can cope with Mayweather.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 10:39:45 AM »
Nate Diaz picked him apart boxing, how on earth does he think he can cope with Mayweather.

Big difference between Nate Diaz and Mayweather.

One side check-kick is enough to put Floyd out, especially with Conors pedigree and black belt in Tapout, Affliction and Bellator etc
Q

JCL

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 10:43:03 AM »
It's fucking ridiculous the money boxers can make. UFC fighters with the exception of a few make peanuts.  like 5k-10k a fight. Jesus.

A hockey player should make more then a boxer in my opinion.

Crazy world we live in.

Simple Simon

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 10:58:29 AM »
Big difference between Nate Diaz and Mayweather.

One side check-kick is enough to put Floyd out, especially with Conors pedigree and black belt in Tapout, Affliction and Bellator etc
Mayweather wont fight MMA rules fucking hell, it took him years to fight Pac while he waited for Pac to get punchdrunk

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2017, 11:08:57 AM »
how about they settle for a pose down?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2017, 11:09:46 AM »
In a pure boxing match, Mayweather would absolutely annihilate McGregor. It wouldn't even be close.

We are talking about the best boxer of all time (arguably). If Conor can't use his elbows, kicks or any takedowns, he is useless against a guy like Floyd.

Dana is also a piece of shit to think that he can low ball a guy like Mayweather into taking a fight for $25M. Mayweather makes Dana look poor in comparison and does way better promotion than White.

I would pay to watch this fight. But just like we saw with Ronda, just because the UFC/MMA hype machine decides to build up some of their talent and peg them as killers that would destroy professional boxers in a boxing ring under boxing rules, shit can and most often times will go very wrong.

Put the best boxer in the world in an MMA ring and have him fight under MMA rules and he will get defeated. One takedown and he would get submitted. Enough kicks and he won't be able to defend, let alone get close enough to his opponent.

Put the best MMA fighter in a boxing ring and have him fight under boxing rules and that MMA fighter will get fucked up, especially if he fights a boxer with the skill set of Mayweather.

"1"

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2017, 11:15:53 AM »
mayweather vs mcgregor just has to wait, there's bigger fights out there

dane is working on rich piana vs mac trucc as we speak. stay tuned.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2017, 11:24:05 AM »
[quote author=OneMoreRep link=topic=624748.msg8692381#msg8692381 date=1484420986
Put the best boxer in the world in an MMA ring and have him fight under MMA rules and he will get defeated. One takedown and he would get submitted. Enough kicks and he won't be able to defend, let alone get close enough to his opponent.
[/quote]

Put the best boxer in the world in an MMA ring, and he will win. Boxing is both a proper, and an effective, martial art. If you have superior reflexes, then you're good to go. The best boxers can dodge kicks, and take downs, just as well as they can avoid being hit by punches.

A properly sent, straight right, is killer.

Simple Simon

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2017, 11:25:30 AM »
[quote author=OneMoreRep link=topic=624748.msg8692381#msg8692381 date=1484420986

Put the best boxer in the world in an MMA ring, and he will win. Boxing is both a proper, and an effective, martial art. If you have superior reflexes, then you're good to go. The best boxers can dodge kicks, and take downs, just as well as they can avoid being hit by punches.

I hope thats a shit troll attempt...

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2017, 11:29:13 AM »
didnt we just have this mma vs boxer debate the other day?

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2017, 11:30:42 AM »
I hope thats a shit troll attempt...

So you have no boxing, nor any other martial arts training. No surprise.

Simple Simon

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2017, 11:33:18 AM »
So you have no boxing, nor any other martial arts training. No surprise.
Bit of boxing bit of Thai a long time ago.
A guy who can kick punch elbow wrestle slap stamp, fights a guy who can only punch and you think there is some doubt as to the outcome?

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2017, 11:37:44 AM »
howabout mayweather vs mcgregor in the leg extension?

set after set until one of them breaks.

i'd pay for that.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2017, 11:40:54 AM »
Bit of boxing bit of Thai a long time ago.
A guy who can kick punch elbow wrestle slap stamp, fights a guy who can only punch and you think there is some doubt as to the outcome?

Slipping a kick, or take down, is no different than slipping an opponent's punch. Getting out of the way of your opponent's attack, whatever it is, is reflexes. That's  what separates the best boxers, and other martial artists, from the rest.

Letting your opponent hit air, instead of you, is one way to get him to waste energy, and gas out quicker. Doesn't matter what he's trying to hit you with, if it doesn't land, then you're good.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2017, 11:43:10 AM »

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I certainly respect yours. But Mike Tyson & Shannon Briggs both say that they wouldn't have standed a chance in an MMA ring and these are some of the best boxers of our time (possibly in the top 5):

Mike Tyson: "Well, in '93, I was in prison, so there wouldn’t have been a fight, but there is no way I would have won,” said Tyson. “I had no idea what was going on with that type of fighting and would’ve been taken by surprise. I would have had to train in that particular art of fighting before that happened. That’s a particular art. You’re not going to go in there with just your hand and not have a great ground game. You also need a great wrestling game to be successful, and you won’t be exciting, as well. You have to have both games. You have to know how to wrestle and box. That’s just the truth."

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Mike-Tyson-No-Way-I-Would-Have-Won-Against-Royce-Gracie-in-Early-UFC-57851

Shannon Briggs: Just watch for yourself below and listen in on the 4:48 mark..

"1"

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2017, 12:05:38 PM »
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I certainly respect yours.

Same here.

Tyson was slow on reflexes. He took punches, that he should have let slip by him. But, he had the punches that could take down an opponent. Rocky Marciano was a great fighter, and undefeated, but man he took some beatings, standing in front of his opponents, fighting toe to toe, and taking every punch his opponents threw at him.

Then consider someone such as Jack Johnson. He was big, strong, had great punching strength, and speed, but he could slip a punch. Fighting him was like fighting a ghost. He was damn hard to hit. He had superior reflexes. Even long after he retired, he'd travel around, and always stop at local gyms, to see what the new talent was doing. He'd take off his jacket, and get into the ring with young guys less than half his age. He'd say "hit me boy." And, they couldn't lay a hand on him. They'd fall all over the ring, and get exhausted, trying to hit him. That's what I call a great boxer. And, I have no doubt that he could have destroyed any MMA guy, who dared to get into the ring with him.

As for wresting skill, does McGregor have any? He seems to box more than anything.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2017, 12:07:25 PM »

Shannon Briggs: Just watch for yourself below and listen in on the 4:48 mark..

"1"

Great vid OMR!

Gotta love how Shannon uses the "Let's go champ!"-expression so excessively and with reckless abandon.

1:21
4:01
5:38
5:40
5:58
Q

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2017, 12:27:36 PM »
Great vid OMR!

Gotta love how Shannon uses the "Let's go champ!"-expression so excessively and with reckless abandon.

1:21
4:01
5:38
5:40
5:58

I was a fan of Briggs back in the day when he had hair. Today, he is my favorite and it's all due to his "Let's go champ!" phrase.

"1"