Author Topic: Greatest Bodybuilding Movie  (Read 1517 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Greatest Bodybuilding Movie
« on: January 16, 2017, 04:08:35 PM »
Before 2013's "Pain & Gain", a similarly named gem hit the silver screen pulling back the curtain on the exciting, high stakes world of professional bodybuilding. "No Pain, No Gain" (2004)

Dennis Newman stars as top bodybuilder and the number one boy around here. When he's unhappy, everyone's unhappy. There's a new bodybuilding superstar hot on his tail, though. Mike Zirillo (played by Gus Malliarodakis) is a struggling bodybuilding researcher who is looking to reclaim his former muscle glory. Mike's cutting edge training techniques get under his rival's skin because he can be a superior bodybuilder while remaining all natural. Criminal intrigue, million dollar contracts and heartstopping competition combine to create one of the most riveting indie films of the millenium.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Greatest Bodybuilding Movie
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 04:32:51 PM »
the opening song is pretty legit

lol he works at a supplement shop

Anna Recksiek

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 05:23:29 PM »
What was that movie with branch on the horse talking about how he never hurts himself in the gym then the horse throws him?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 05:44:00 PM »
The best is they tried to fixed the voting on the IMDB page it looks like - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0306846/ , somehow I don't think close to 3500 people liked this film enough to rate it. That's more votes than many well known, well acted films get.

The only noted American review I could find of it - http://variety.com/2004/film/reviews/no-pain-no-gain-2-1200533017/ .

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 07:13:06 AM »
What was that movie with branch on the horse talking about how he never hurts himself in the gym then the horse throws him?

The Hobbit  ???

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 07:37:31 AM »
Lou looked badass in the hercules movie.