Author Topic: concerned about my conditioning this year  (Read 3906 times)

mazrim

• Getbig V
Re: concerned about my conditioning this year
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2017, 07:40:58 AM »

I treat it more or less the same, no carbing up, no sodium depleating/loading, look good 2 weeks out and you look the same/better on the day with a bit diuretic help too

Trained and ate exactly the same until 2 days before... And would do the same again
Never competed and don't ever plan to but what you and Go4It posted seems to make the most sense. Why mess with anything when it is accomplishing what you wanted? Then you do something different out of the blue and mess it all up. Doesn't sound like the way to go.

Simple Simon

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2017, 07:47:31 AM »
I know someone who carbed up on bananas, hadnt eaten a banana for 10 weeks, bloated to fuck and couldnt shit for 3 days after.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2017, 07:56:04 AM »
Never competed and don't ever plan to but what you and Go4It posted seems to make the most sense. Why mess with anything when it is accomplishing what you wanted? Then you do something different out of the blue and mess it all up. Doesn't sound like the way to go.

Because people aren't happy with how they are and think they can be a bit fuller and tighter if they do somthing stupid last min... We've all done it, its only luck if it works

Simple Simon

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2017, 08:01:47 AM »

Because people aren't happy with how they are and think they can be a bit fuller and tighter if they do somthing stupid last min... We've all done it, its only luck if it works

Yep, only thing we havent done is eat junk the day before, too scared to fuck it up yet you always look better the day after a show.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2017, 08:35:06 AM »
I know someone who carbed up on bananas, hadnt eaten a banana for 10 weeks, bloated to fuck and couldnt shit for 3 days after.
Bloated from Bananas? How many did he eat, they assimilate very well, at least for me they do, I used them as a carb up before, mash them in a bowl until they gel, spread them on apple cinnamon rice cakes, like a jelly. But yes, if you just start incorporating foods that you haven't eaten your entire prep, who knows how your system will react to it, which is why a trial carb up is good to incorporate through your prep, try certain foods and see how you react to them.

Simple Simon

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2017, 08:37:24 AM »
Bloated from Bananas? How many did he eat, they assimilate very well, at least for me they do, I used them as a carb up before, mash them in a bowl until they gel, spread them on apple cinnamon rice cakes, like a jelly. But yes, if you just start incorporating foods that you haven't eaten your entire prep, who knows how your system will react to it, which is why a trial carb up is good to incorporate through your prep, try certain foods and see how you react to them.

I think it had more to do with him not eating them for 10 weeks and living on chicken and rice.
It may well have happened with any other food choice.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2017, 08:43:40 AM »
I think it had more to do with him not eating them for 10 weeks and living on chicken and rice.
It may well have happened with any other food choice.
For sure, any type of new foods, especially when eating clean can wreck your system, I remember having a burger and fries post show, and it wrecked me, felt like I was being stabbed in the stomach, the hydrogenated oils had a terrible effect on me, being I hadn't had any type of oil like this in my entire prep, it was like poison in my system. You kind of have to ease back into eating certain foods.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2017, 08:43:52 AM »
Skinless chicken breast
plain salad
water

Repeat 4-6 X a day

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2017, 05:20:18 PM »
I just need to tough it out with more cardio and harder dieting

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2017, 01:38:38 PM »
Rice and bananas slow down the GI track on some people, know that from a gastroenterologist.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2017, 02:09:12 PM »
pray tell, what do all you have to gain by trying to give legit answers to a troll OP?