Author Topic: Democrats' upcoming "stars" thread  (Read 675 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Democrats' upcoming "stars" thread
« on: January 22, 2017, 12:06:02 PM »
With Election 2016 coming to a close, and the inevitable "sky is falling" reaction from the left, who will be the Democrats' poster child to stop Donald J Trump's 4 year term from turning into an 8 year term?

I ask this because most of the DNC's "stars" are getting up there in age. Elizabeth Warren will be 71 in 2020; Bernie will be 79; Biden will be 78. Pelosi will be 80. Feinstein will be 81.

The Democrats have been eradicated from the state governorship, with only 16 acting governors. Congress shows that there are 44 Democratic Senators and 192 House members (and slowly losing ground here as well). 

The party holds no interest for me any longer. They seem to be doubling down with Identity Politics, and the loser in every single one of these categories (Race, Sex, Gender, Wage Gap, Etc.) seems to be me... the white male.

So who will turn this around for the Democrats? I do not see anyone with the gall to take on President Trump?

If they were smart (my OPINION), they should get behind Tulsi Gabbard now.

Your picks?
a

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
Re: Democrats' upcoming "stars" thread
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 12:15:44 PM »
The Dems will rally behind Keith Ellison and Republicans will rule for the next 40 years

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 12:18:18 PM »
The current identity politics strategy the Dems are dead set on following will likely lose them the next one or 2 presidential elections but will most certainly cause them to get smoked during the next 3(at least) midterms.

A filibuster to veto proof GOP advantage in the Senate in the coming years is very likely.

This basically destroys any hope of them passing meaningful legislation over the next decade.

And as Andrew Breitbart most famously said "Throw up a double minority GOP Presidential ticket and you basically stab their narrative directly through its heart"

Throw up a Tim Scott/Susana Martinez or Ted Cruz/Mia Love ticket in 2024 and they effectively have no answers because their whole platform is based up racial identity rather than actual policy.

The Democrats will be incredibly easy to defeat once the GOP starts putting up minority candidates. Which they will.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 12:20:04 PM »
The current identity politics strategy the Dems are dead set on following will likely lose them the next one or 2 presidential elections but will most certainly cause them to get smoked during the next 3(at least) midterms.

A filibuster to veto proof GOP advantage in the Senate in the coming years is very likely.

This basically destroys any hope of them passing meaningful legislation over the next decade.

And as Andrew Breitbart most famously said "Throw up a double minority GOP Presidential ticket and you basically stab their narrative directly through its heart"

Throw up a Tim Scott/Susanna Martinez or Ted Cruz/Mia Love ticket in 2024 and they effectively have no answers because their whole platform is based up racial identity rather than actual policy.

And idiots.....Dem policy is based on buy-in by idiots.