Author Topic: President Trump’s aides are worried about his behavior  (Read 2232 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
President Trump’s aides are worried about his behavior
« on: January 23, 2017, 07:16:07 PM »
He’s never going to admit he’s wrong in front of everyone”: President Trump’s aides are worried about his behavior

There are increasing concerns that Trump's character flaws are making him unfit to be president
MATTHEW ROZSA

Following Donald Trump’s first days as president, reports are coming out that some White House insiders are troubled by his in-office behavior.

One anonymous insider who frequently talks with Trump told Politico his aides are often afraid of saying no to him due to his notorious unwillingness to look bad.

“You can’t do it in front of everyone,” the insider said. “He’s never going to admit he’s wrong in front of everyone. You have to pull him aside and tell him why he’s wrong, and then you can get him to go along with you. These people don’t know how to get him to do what they need him to do.”

This insider also told Politico that Trump “gets bored and likes to watch TV,” so it’s important for his aides to check his tendency to respond impulsively when angered, as well as control what information reaches him and is taken seriously.

“The truth of the matter is he had a successful inauguration with a respectful crowd,” presidential historian Douglas Brinkley told Politico. “The transition of power went off without a hitch. His supporters were amiable by and large.”

Brinkley added, “But then he can never let go and stop watching cable TV. Now he’s off to the worst start of a presidency in a very long time.”

It appears that many members of Trump’s inner circle urged him to not give into his resentment about the media’s reporting of attendance at his inauguration, according to a Sunday report by The New York Times. This did not succeed, as Trump ultimately let resentment about inauguration coverage bleed into even unrelated priorities, like patching up his relationship with the intelligence communities, which prompted other members of Team Trump to try to spin away the president’s behavior.

“Ultimately this is about governing,” said former House speaker Newt Gingrich to the Times. “There are two things he’s got to do between now and 2020: He has to keep America safe and create a lot of jobs. That’s what he promised in his speech. If he does those two things, everything else is noise.”

Gingrich noted, “The average American isn’t paying attention to this stuff,” adding, “They are going to look around in late 2019 and early 2020 and ask themselves if they are doing better. If the answer’s yes, they are going to say, ‘Cool, give me some more.’”

While there is no polling data yet about whether Trump’s unorthodox conduct during his first days as president has hurt him, he had incredibly low favorability ratings before being sworn in.

http://www.salon.com/2017/01/23/hes-never-going-to-admit-hes-wrong-in-front-of-everyone-president-trumps-aides-are-worried-about-his-behavior/

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: President Trump’s aides are worried about his behavior
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 07:17:45 PM »
"Salon" still haven't learned anything have you.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 07:18:50 PM »
"Salon" still haven't learned anything have you.

Pot. Kettle.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 07:24:24 PM »
Pot. Kettle.

Yeah, how'd that wikileaks, Veritas and everything else the left that thought were conspiracy theories for the last eight years turn out again?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 07:27:42 PM »
Salon.  lol.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 07:27:57 PM »
Yeah, how'd that wikileaks, Veritas and everything else the left that thought were conspiracy theories for the last eight years turn out again?

I'm not sure what that has to do with your belief that facebook posts are "real news".

See, news outlets, real news... means they have sources. That's the point. Conspiracies are just that, until a source is brought out... That's what the actual news does.

They don't just "say" things. The present their articles with factual evidence that can be corroborated.

I'm not saying that Salon is some bastion of news. I never have... Same as huffington post.

That said, if you say that NBC, the AP, NPR, CNN, FOX news, and to some extent MSNBC aren't credible. That's pretty ridiculous. I'm not saying they may not try to promote the direction they like, but they do provide sources and background to their stories.

Unlike the links that people post around here that are just editorials disguised as news, with no sources to back anything up.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 07:35:50 PM »
I'm not sure what that has to do with your belief that facebook posts are "real news".

See, news outlets, real news... means they have sources. That's the point. Conspiracies are just that, until a source is brought out... That's what the actual news does.

They don't just "say" things. The present their articles with factual evidence that can be corroborated.

I'm not saying that Salon is some bastion of news. I never have... Same as huffington post.

That said, if you say that NBC, the AP, NPR, CNN, FOX news, and to some extent MSNBC aren't credible. That's pretty ridiculous. I'm not saying they may not try to promote the direction they like, but they do provide sources and background to their stories.

Unlike the links that people post around here that are just editorials disguised as news, with no sources to back anything up.

Ahhhh, I see. So what you're saying is that CNN, MSNBC, Polltico, etc have been accurate even though they've been debunked and have been proven to be in the tank and colluded with the DNC, Clinton, etc? Or did I just misunderstand what you just wrote?

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 07:46:50 PM »
Stopped reading at "one anonymous insider".

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 08:01:33 PM »
Stopped reading at "one anonymous insider".

funny because no right winger on this board ever had a problem when an anonymous insider from the Obama administration was quoted in a story posted to this board

Skeeter

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 08:07:34 PM »
Ahhhh, I see. So what you're saying is that CNN, MSNBC, Polltico, etc have been accurate even though they've been debunked and have been proven to be in the tank and colluded with the DNC, Clinton, etc? Or did I just misunderstand what you just wrote?

How many times have breitbart fabricated stories, you've been shown this, ignored it, yet you keep citing them?

bike nut

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 08:13:14 PM »
funny because no right winger on this board ever had a problem when an anonymous insider from the Obama administration was quoted in a story posted to this board

Are you sure?

Did you confirm that with every right winger on the board every time?

Yeah, thought not.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 08:34:51 PM »
Are you sure?

Did you confirm that with every right winger on the board every time?

Yeah, thought not.

yep

I'm sure

feel free to prove me wrong

bike nut

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 08:58:33 PM »
yep

I'm sure

feel free to prove me wrong

Liar.

Never confirmed anything with me.

Just more liberal lies.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2017, 09:05:43 PM »
Liar.

Never confirmed anything with me.

Just more liberal lies.

go read my post and then go find your posts where you objected to anonymous sources inside the Obama White House

bike nut

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2017, 09:18:35 PM »
go read my post and then go find your posts where you objected to anonymous sources inside the Obama White House

Liar.

Another liberal who cannot tell the truth.

Your trolling act is very weak. Are you related to SF1900?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2017, 09:53:26 PM »
Liar.

Another liberal who cannot tell the truth.

Your trolling act is very weak. Are you related to SF1900?

what is my lie?

bike nut

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2017, 10:07:59 PM »
what is my lie?

Everything you post.

Lies, liberal stupidity, and lame trolling.

SF1900 type of junior-high trolling. You'd think someone who invests so much time in it would be better at it.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2017, 11:37:57 PM »

I am saying that the news outlets I provided. None of which were Politico by the way. Are infinitely more reliable than the shit you post.

Again. They fact check and provide sources. Which you can then Go check.

Unlike the terrible sources of news you usually post.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2017, 05:22:32 AM »

Dear Coach,  Let's simply look at what we know and go from there.
We know Pres. Trump was miffed enough about his inaugural crowd size numbers that he sent his Press Sec out front to spin it.

Granted , EVERY administration does this, but Pres. Trump did it over a trivial "popularity" matter.

Unlike some on the liberal left, as an independent, I'm cautiously optimistic about our new POTUS.
The POTUS has every word and action scrutinized by the media to the nth degree.
It goes with the territory and to be a successful POTUS he'll need to learn how to navigate it.
This will be Pres. Trump's personal challenge and let's hope he learns , adapts and succeeds.

As a US citizen, pulling for a US President to fail is like hoping the pilot will crash the plane you're on.

bike nut

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2017, 05:39:05 AM »
Dear Coach,  Let's simply look at what we know and go from there.
We know Pres. Trump was miffed enough about his inaugural crowd size numbers that he sent his Press Sec out front to spin it.

Granted , EVERY administration does this, but Pres. Trump did it over a trivial "popularity" matter.

Unlike some on the liberal left, as an independent, I'm cautiously optimistic about our new POTUS.
The POTUS has every word and action scrutinized by the media to the nth degree.
It goes with the territory and to be a successful POTUS he'll need to learn how to navigate it.
This will be Pres. Trump's personal challenge and let's hope he learns , adapts and succeeds.

As a US citizen, pulling for a US President to fail is like hoping the pilot will crash the plane you're on.

STFU idiot.

The press fondled obama's balls for 8 years because of the color of his skin. They should be called out on their blatant lies and attacks toward trump. Your opinion means shit here, you voted based on what you thought would make your mommy happy

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2017, 07:16:04 AM »
StrawMan, we are very worried and concerned about your behavior.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2017, 07:42:24 AM »

I see. So even if it is a breitbart, fox link taken from FB, it's deemed not legit....because it was on Facebook even though you can go right to the actual site itself and see the same story....got it.

Skeeter

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2017, 07:45:30 AM »
I see. So even if it is a breitbart, fox link taken from FB, it's deemed not legit....because it was on Facebook even though you can go right to the actual site itself and see the same story....got it.

How many times have you posted a story from breitbart which turned out to be a complete fabrication?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2017, 07:46:30 AM »
How many times have you posted a story from breitbart which turned out to be a complete fabrication?

I dont trust Breitbart wo direct links to other verified sites.   

Skeeter

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2017, 07:51:45 AM »
I dont trust Breitbart wo direct links to other verified sites.   

I don't blame you. They are well known for making up stories, putting spin on non-issues and blatantly misinforming people.