Author Topic: The Last Battle Of Atlanta-FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6440 times)

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
Talk for years surrounded this match said it was probably trashed or taped over. Well the WWE found it, in its entirety. Now, some people who have heard about the hype for years are probably watching it thinking, "this really isn't great" "lame ending" etc. etc. These are the people that have been desentatized by watching current wrestling where a pile driver is no longer a finisher and every physique has to be NPC amateur quality.

That match for 1983 was an innovator. A top on the steel cage was never done. Rich and Sawyer had a bitter feud going for about two years in Georgia. Some of the highlights of their two year feud include, fighting in the back of a gym/aud, shaving the hair of Sawyer then Sawyer ruining the film coming out with all of it on him, Sawyer powerslamming Johnny Rich on the studio floor and just countless bloody matches leading to the conclusion of The Battle Of Atlanta.

I would only hope that the WWE would put together a Blu Ray documenting the Rich Sawyer feud. Remember the best fights were always at the podium with Gordon getting caught in the middle and the wrestlers-in their street clothes coming out and arguing with each other. It was more authentic and less staged as it is today. God, I miss Georgia Championship Wrestling 1979-1983, The best years.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: The Last Battle Of Atlanta-FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 01:35:23 PM »
Talk for years surrounded this match said it was probably trashed or taped over. Well the WWE found it, in its entirety. Now, some people who have heard about the hype for years are probably watching it thinking, "this really isn't great" "lame ending" etc. etc. These are the people that have been desentatized by watching current wrestling where a pile driver is no longer a finisher and every physique has to be NPC amateur quality.

That match for 1983 was an innovator. A top on the steel cage was never done. Rich and Sawyer had a bitter feud going for about two years in Georgia. Some of the highlights of their two year feud include, fighting in the back of a gym/aud, shaving the hair of Sawyer then Sawyer ruining the film coming out with all of it on him, Sawyer powerslamming Johnny Rich on the studio floor and just countless bloody matches leading to the conclusion of The Battle Of Atlanta.

I would only hope that the WWE would put together a Blu Ray documenting the Rich Sawyer feud. Remember the best fights were always at the podium with Gordon getting caught in the middle and the wrestlers-in their street clothes coming out and arguing with each other. It was more authentic and less staged as it is today. God, I miss Georgia Championship Wrestling 1979-1983, The best years.

BUZZ SAWYER SEEMED LIKE HE WAS REALLY INSANE,THOSE DAYS IT WAS LESS ABOUT SHOWY 'EXPLOSIONS,HOW MUSCULAR'MOST GUYS WERE JUST SOFT ,EAT WHATEVER'BIG TYPES'BODIES,GORDON SOLIE WOULD BE MASTER OF THE PODIUM,,AND OF COURSE THE GREAT 'CHICK'DONOVAN...

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 06:01:47 PM »
It is refreshing to have another historian on the board.

I can't bring myself to care about the current shit product.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 11:00:02 AM »

Any link to this?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 04:38:22 AM »
It is refreshing to have another historian on the board.

I can't bring myself to care about the current shit product.
Amen

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 06:10:40 AM »
Amen

Lets face it, McMahon made wrestling cartoonish. Georgia was a great area. The guys would come out in their street clothes for interviews and you could always bet there would be an altercation. Now...all wrestlers are in their gear. All have ring music when they approach the ring. All have a rehearsed clever dialogue nothing is off the cuff. All seem like metro-sexuals. Sad.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 06:53:39 AM »
Lets face it, McMahon made wrestling cartoonish. Georgia was a great area. The guys would come out in their street clothes for interviews and you could always bet there would be an altercation. Now...all wrestlers are in their gear. All have ring music when they approach the ring. All have a rehearsed clever dialogue nothing is off the cuff. All seem like metro-sexuals. Sad.
x2,,plus planned explosions,raining sparks ,I dislike the setup of a 'planned'gimmick maneveur to win over crowd,my favorite example was the freaking 'worm'that ahole wrestler scotty too hottie,basically a jobber or decent midcarder had to lay there like a schmuck and wait as this fool wormed towards him to the delight of the cotton candy eating,fat,white trash,in on the script,yolkels...

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 02:38:09 PM »
All seem like metro-sexuals. Sad.

THIS is a perfect analysis.