Author Topic: Singer Joy Villa Wears ‘Make America Great Again’ Dress at 2017 Grammy Awards  (Read 1663 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Stepping out in a white cloak, the singer — a self-described feminist — posed for cameras holding a heart-shaped purse. Moments later, Villa whipped off the garment to reveal a flashy red, white, and blue gown emblazoned with the phrase “Make America Great Again” down the front.

Within minutes of debuting the look, the artist already started to receive backlash on social media for the gown. “Great to know you support a racist! #CareerDelete” user Mika Quick commented. “Seriously with that dress? You should be ashamed of yourself,” user jlm2050 added. “The worst way to get attention! It will back fire on you. Your one chance to make a name for yourself and you choice to wear the ugliest dress ever!” user silverstarr99 wrote on a photo on Villa’s page.

https://www.yahoo.com/style/singer-joy-villa-wears-make-america-great-again-dress-at-2017-grammy-awards-234049936.html

mazrim

• Getbig V
I would have actually watched if I knew this was going to happen. Hilarious!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Ha t

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Never heard of her. Any links to her R&B/Rap/Blues music? :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

gothorium

Stepping out in a white cloak, the singer — a self-described feminist — posed for cameras holding a heart-shaped purse. Moments later, Villa whipped off the garment to reveal a flashy red, white, and blue gown emblazoned with the phrase “Make America Great Again” down the front.

Within minutes of debuting the look, the artist already started to receive backlash on social media for the gown. “Great to know you support a racist! #CareerDelete” user Mika Quick commented. “Seriously with that dress? You should be ashamed of yourself,” user jlm2050 added. “The worst way to get attention! It will back fire on you. Your one chance to make a name for yourself and you choice to wear the ugliest dress ever!” user silverstarr99 wrote on a photo on Villa’s page.

https://www.yahoo.com/style/singer-joy-villa-wears-make-america-great-again-dress-at-2017-grammy-awards-234049936.html

would hit hard

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Shame on that black woman for having an independent thought.  >:(

gothorium

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Joy Villa ‘gave no f*cks’ and wore a pro-Donald Trump dress to the Grammys

“Go big, or go home. You can either stand for what you believe or fall for what you don’t,” she wrote on Instagram alongside a photo of herself in the dress.

“Above all make a choice for tolerance and love. Agree to disagree. See the person over the politics, carry yourself with dignity, always. Life is made to be lived, so go boldly and give no effs!”

Villa was pulled up for having ‘feminist’ in her Twitter bio by liberals, given Trump’s prior remarks about women, while conservatives flocked to buy her music on iTunes - something she was keen to tweet about.

https://www.yahoo.com/style/joy-villa-gave-no-f-104800597.html

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
Joy Villa ‘gave no f*cks’ and wore a pro-Donald Trump dress to the Grammys

“Go big, or go home. You can either stand for what you believe or fall for what you don’t,” she wrote on Instagram alongside a photo of herself in the dress.

“Above all make a choice for tolerance and love. Agree to disagree. See the person over the politics, carry yourself with dignity, always. Life is made to be lived, so go boldly and give no effs!”

Villa was pulled up for having ‘feminist’ in her Twitter bio by liberals, given Trump’s prior remarks about women, while conservatives flocked to buy her music on iTunes - something she was keen to tweet about.

https://www.yahoo.com/style/joy-villa-gave-no-f-104800597.html

Seems like a very nice and firm pooh par.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Despite the mixed social media feedback, the style statement seems to have paid off for her. The singer’s EP I Make the Static is now the top digital paid album on Amazon and is currently No. 11 on iTunes. Villa spoke to Fox News to share more details on her political beliefs.

“I am 100 percent a Trump supporter,” she said. “I believe in his message, I believe he will run this country like he runs his life, successfully. I stand as a proud American and I stand for a unified America that is tolerant of each other no matter who we voted for. I stand behind our president because that’s the American thing to do. I believe in love, above all.”