Author Topic: Has anyone tried 23andMe?  (Read 3029 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Has anyone tried 23andMe?
« on: February 14, 2017, 10:10:53 AM »
https://www.23andme.com

I'm interested. Any GetBiggers find out their heritage?

a

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
Re: Has anyone tried 23andMe?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 10:18:29 AM »
You should try 69andme, you practice poses in the 69 position until you are flexible enough to suck your own dick.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 10:53:23 AM »
I gave them a semen sample and they got offended
P

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 10:56:06 AM »
I gave them a semen sample and they got offended
Same. Took 5 viles and extra shipping costs
U

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 02:05:21 PM »
Isn't that site for adopted kids and kids who don't know their baby daddy?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 02:19:43 PM »
I'm considering to order a kit. Not that I'm interested in their ancestry report, but when it comes to possible health issues/risks, they also report your gene polymorphisms. Since they provide the raw data as well, you can upload that data for more possible polymorphisms to services like Promethease or Rhonda Patrick's site.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 02:40:17 PM »
I did a while back.  I don't care about my heritage but I was interested in the health analysis.  After some controversy, they don't offer as much in that department anymore or at least that's what I heard.  The observations they afforded me weren't particularly exciting, so I'm inclined to believe "it used to be better."

Anyway, they give you the raw data, which you can use with other services, which ostensibly opens up a lot of possibilities.  I kind of lost interest, but will probably look into it again some day.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 02:46:56 PM »
I did a while back.  I don't care about my heritage but I was interested in the health analysis.  After some controversy, they don't offer as much in that department anorexic, or at least that's what I heard.  The observations they afforded me weren't particularly exciting, so I'm inclined to believe "it used to be better."

Anyway, they give you the raw data, which you can use with other services, which ostensibly opens up a lot of possibilities.  I kind of lost interest, but will probably look into it again some day.

I believe that your relation with food intake is rather a mental disorder.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 04:55:15 PM »
I believe that your relation with food intake is rather a mental disorder.

Lol wtf, I meant to write 'anymore' but my phone autocorrected... Irony overload!  If ever there an android-facilitated Freudian slip!

I've come a long way since those days.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 05:15:51 PM »
Lol wtf, I meant to write 'anymore' but my phone autocorrected... Irony overload!  If ever there an android-facilitated Freudian slip!

I've come a long way since those days.

Ha, point taken  :D That auto correction function is plain annoying, glad you can disable it.

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 05:22:17 PM »
I'm considering to order a kit. Not that I'm interested in their ancestry report, but when it comes to possible health issues/risks, they also report your gene polymorphisms. Since they provide the raw data as well, you can upload that data for more possible polymorphisms to services like Promethease or Rhonda Patrick's site.

Like the psychic network, it should be labeled "for entertainment purposes only."  You may recall that a while back the FDA shut them down because their "product" and the way it was marketed fell under the category of a medical device, one which had not been approved by the FDA.  No serious geneticist holds this company in any esteem.  The one geneticist I knew who went to work there failed to get tenure at a local university; she didn't want to move so she accepted a job there.  People still mock her. They have tried to recruit serious scientists to work there without success.  The woman who runs it, Anne Wojcicki, used to be married to Sergey Brin of Google.  She has a very competitive streak and is determined to make something as profoundly successful as Google.  Not there yet.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/23andme-need-know/

Bah!  Doom disapproves