Author Topic: Wiggs: (flat-Earth in this thread)  (Read 47410 times)

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
Re: Wiggs: (flat-Earth in this thread)
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2017, 01:26:31 PM »
The curvature of the earth is visible even on land.

That's probably how the ancient Greeks and Romans were able to roughly calculate the size of Earth and knew it was round.

Eratosthenes did it with sun's shadows. At noon at the equator, a vertical building casts no shadow, but at the same time there is a larger and larger shadow the further a building is away from the equator. He also took into account the tilt of the earth's axis. Truly remarkable.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2017, 03:18:27 PM »
Two questions,
Can you quote the bible about this point of view?
Which agenda exactly?

Wiggs would point to Psalm 75 (God holding up the "pillars" of the earth) as support.  Although this is merely more of the Psalmist's use of creative language describing the notion that God supports the earth's foundations.  He would also point to Revelation 7 (angels on four corners of the earth) as support.  Although the "corners" actually refer to North, South, East and West.  

That's the gist.  It's an example of "scripture twisting" or in terms of theological academia what is referred to as eisegesis...reading your personal interpretations and presuppositions into the text for definition.  It's diametrically opposed to the correct method of exegesis or exegetical interpretation of scripture.   Every cult that opposes the Christian church engages in these acts of scriptural perversion in order to fulfill their own will and ignore the will of God.  It's that simple and is meant to be divisive.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2017, 07:14:03 PM »
And this idiot went to DUKE.  WTF
Good Lord the stupid is great in this one.

Yes, he got in because of his intellect and nothing to do with throwing an orange ball through an orange hoop

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2017, 07:16:02 PM »
Two questions,
Can you quote the bible about this point of view?
Which agenda exactly?

I've asked this question over and over.  What exactly is the agenda of lying about the earth being round and climate change etc... All of these idiots think there's this major conspiracy but can't explain why it even exists and what's the point. 

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2017, 01:41:57 AM »
Wiggs would point to Psalm 75 (God holding up the "pillars" of the earth) as support.  Although this is merely more of the Psalmist's use of creative language describing the notion that God supports the earth's foundations.  He would also point to Revelation 7 (angels on four corners of the earth) as support.  Although the "corners" actually refer to North, South, East and West.  

That's the gist.  It's an example of "scripture twisting" or in terms of theological academia what is referred to as eisegesis...reading your personal interpretations and presuppositions into the text for definition.  It's diametrically opposed to the correct method of exegesis or exegetical interpretation of scripture.   Every cult that opposes the Christian church engages in these acts of scriptural perversion in order to fulfill their own will and ignore the will of God.  It's that simple and is meant to be divisive.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions to the best of your ability.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2017, 02:59:17 AM »
reading your personal interpretations and presuppositions into the text for definition.

But you're exempt.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2017, 07:12:39 AM »
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions to the best of your ability.

The catholic church for centuries believed the earth was the center of the universe and that the stars and sun rotated around it.  They also believed it to be flat.  Anyone that said anything to the contrary was killed.  It took a revolution to move past the church.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2017, 01:03:16 PM »
But you're exempt.

I just follow God's word and don't demand God's word follow me.....I read out of his word, not into his word.

Victor Venice Beach

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2017, 01:12:27 PM »
r these pea brained dumb fuks attempting to advertise their belief in a flat earth?

How can this be attractive to male tribe members?
How do they eat, drink, kiss enc?
What if the lowerlip snaps in two, what then?
So many questions but no answers....

Victor Venice Beach

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2017, 09:47:01 PM »
Bump for answers ^^^

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2017, 12:25:46 AM »

And that my friend, is utterly bullshit. As we agreed at the other thread, even if God himself would step down from the heaven and told you that evolution is a fact, you wouldn't believe it because you religious people are so fucking full of shit. Anyhow, if your God was that kind of imbecile who cannot comprehend the concept of circular object, why a round is the most common shape of things in this universe? Even the human cell is round, so what make it so difficult to him to manage? Why flat earth, while he sees everything and everywhere, so he must see also all around the round object? Answer is the stupidity of the humans who has wrote the fairytale in the bible. God is all mighty, he don't have any obstacles, but the humans who invented him has simple imagination. They cannot comprehend the concept of circular earth, so earth must be flat. "Just write it there, no one will ask anything afterwards.." and then God invent science.  ;D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2017, 12:30:54 AM »
I just follow God's word and don't demand God's word follow me.....I read out of his word, not into his word.

RESPECT for following bro

there's many believers, but not many followers

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2017, 12:43:42 AM »
What does Miley Cryrus and Robert DeNiro think about the flat earth theory?

That's really all I need to know to settle it in my own mind.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2017, 02:25:08 AM »
There is obviously no doubt that certain types of modern technology are dumbing down modern people's brains.

We're not far from this considering that many high-paying jobs and 'prestigious' occupations are those that don't contribute anything worthwhile or positive to society.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2017, 07:45:31 AM »
And that my friend, is utterly bullshit. As we agreed at the other thread, even if God himself would step down from the heaven and told you that evolution is a fact, you wouldn't believe it because you religious people are so fucking full of shit. Anyhow, if your God was that kind of imbecile who cannot comprehend the concept of circular object, why a round is the most common shape of things in this universe? Even the human cell is round, so what make it so difficult to him to manage? Why flat earth, while he sees everything and everywhere, so he must see also all around the round object? Answer is the stupidity of the humans who has wrote the fairytale in the bible. God is all mighty, he don't have any obstacles, but the humans who invented him has simple imagination. They cannot comprehend the concept of circular earth, so earth must be flat. "Just write it there, no one will ask anything afterwards.." and then God invent science.  ;D

You clearly didn't read my post.....have another go at it sport.

Now if you still want me to shred your post let me know.....just wanna give you what you want but extending some grace first.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2017, 07:46:03 AM »
RESPECT for following bro

there's many believers, but not many followers

wholeheartedly agree

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2017, 07:50:33 AM »
wholeheartedly agree

there's a pretty cool verse in Matthew where He says, "Take my joke upon you, etc...

I'm sure you know the one I'm talking about

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2017, 08:31:40 AM »
there's a pretty cool verse in Matthew where He says, "Take my joke upon you, etc...

I'm sure you know the one I'm talking about

I do and it's true:

Matthew 11:29-30

29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2017, 12:42:26 PM »
And this idiot went to DUKE.  WTF
Good Lord the stupid is great in this one.

He should have gone to Harvard instead, wait a minute, he wouldn't have passed the entrance test ... ;)

coffeis4closers

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2017, 01:43:49 PM »
The bible talks about the earth being round.

You are wrong.. The Bible talks about the earth being flat. It mentions a Firmament above us, kindof like a Dome.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2017, 01:45:33 PM »
The Bible contradicts itself from time to time.

coffeis4closers

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2017, 01:45:55 PM »
The earth is Flat. do your research. do you really think were spinning at 1000 mph?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2017, 12:02:27 PM »

Sizwe

• Getbig II
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2017, 01:05:54 PM »
The catholic church for centuries believed the earth was the center of the universe and that the stars and sun rotated around it.
True, as this was what the best science observed back then, and why should they overhaul the whole understanding of astronomy just because Galileo said otherwise even though he couldn't prove to the church basic things like why no one is able to observe stellar parallax shifts. So at this point, it was looking more like he had an ax to grind than anything else, especially after mocking the Pope as well.

They also believed it to be flat.  Anyone that said anything to the contrary was killed.
These last two points are pure poppycock run of the mill anti-catholic myths perpetuated from one generation to the next without anyone actually checking the facts. You won't be able to provide any examples of anyone being killed over this by the church or any church doctrine teaching the world is flat.

And for those saying the world is flat, they're either naive and just having fun entertaining a new idea, or trying to undermine Christianity.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2017, 01:26:17 PM »
True, as this was what the best science observed back then, and why should they overhaul the whole understanding of astronomy just because Galileo said otherwise even though he couldn't prove to the church basic things like why no one is able to observe stellar parallax shifts. So at this point, it was looking more like he had an ax to grind than anything else, especially after mocking the Pope as well.
These last two points are pure poppycock run of the mill anti-catholic myths perpetuated from one generation to the next without anyone actually checking the facts. You won't be able to provide any examples of anyone being killed over this by the church or any church doctrine teaching the world is flat.

And for those saying the world is flat, they're either naive and just having fun entertaining a new idea, or trying to undermine Christianity.

Hey, we have the divine work of god, creator of the universe, the omniscient, that inspired and sanctioned a written collection of books and came to lecture us in the flesh, but this is the best science we understand, a science that was on par with ancient man.

Yeah right.