Author Topic: Why did Trump say his electoral college victory was the biggest since Reagan '84  (Read 1768 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Truth is only the 2000 and 2004 elections had smaller electoral college wins since '84.
When question about this by a reporter he shrugged it off and said he was given that info by a staffer.

tom joad

• Getbig V
Trump's victory was a historic landslide of epic proportions!!! *

* the 44th biggest landslide in the past 54 elections

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
He may have meant for a Republican.

I don't know.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
He may have meant for a Republican.

I don't know.

That would mean he forgot about 1988 and GHW Bush.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Trump has been constantly bragging that his electoral college victory of 2016 was HUGE.
In fact he recently bragged that his 306 electoral college votes was the biggest since Reagan in 1984.

Truth is only the 2000 and 2004 elections had smaller electoral college wins since '84.
When question about this by a reporter he shrugged it off and said he was given that info by a staffer.

I think it's because he's a pathological liar

When challenged on this at his press conference he claims that's what someone told him

This is just as big of a problem as flat out lying

If this is true then it means he so's stupid that he believes anything he is told by his sycophants in spite of this lie already being widely fact checked in the media

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Trumps always saying that everything he dose is the biggest or best.  I think it's funny.  I don't take it too seriously.

I find it funny that a lot of liberals who in all likelihood voted for Hillary, are upset with Trump.....for lying.  That is some next-level hypocrisy.

Regardless, he's the President that the Democrat party can eat shit.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Trumps always saying that everything he dose is the biggest or best.  I think it's funny.  I don't take it too seriously.

I find it funny that a lot of liberals who in all likelihood voted for Hillary, are upset with Trump.....for lying.  That is some next-level hypocrisy.

Regardless, he's the President that the Democrat party can eat shit.

that's fine for a huckster shilling for his steaks, water, ties, etc...

when the POTUS tells blatantly provable lies on a subject (the election) that he chooses to keep talking about that's a different story

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
that's fine for a huckster shilling for his steaks, water, ties, etc...

when the POTUS tells blatantly provable lies on a subject (the election) that he chooses to keep talking about that's a different story

In my opinion it's the price you pay when you elect a non-politician as President.  He hasn't been coached his whole life to play the middle on every topic and avoid saying stupid things that will make him look bad.

On the substantive issues facing the United States, Trump is on the way to being a great President.  He's doing exactly what he promised he would do during the campaign and he's doing it quickly.  He has some minor flaws and saying shit like this is one of them.  In the grande scheme of things it's very petty and the people that elected him don't give a fuck about it. 

I notice you glossed right over the bit I said about the corrupt pathological liar Hillary Clinton.  A lot of people dismiss her corruption and her bold-faced lies but then make a big deal about dumb shit that Trump says in passing.  I find it amusing and it proves that a lot of people are dishonest themselves.  They feign outrage when Republicans do things and then turn the other way when Democrats do the some vastly worse.  Kind of like how people attack Trump as a "sexual predator" because of a crass comment he made once but ignore the army of women that have accused Bill Clinton of actual sexual assault.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
This will surely be the end of trump!
a

Skeeter

He said it because he's a lying sack of shit. Isn't that obvious by now?

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Maybe he meant he got the most electoral college votes since HE turned Republican...  ??? ;D
a

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Maybe he meant he got the most electoral college votes since HE turned Republican...  ??? ;D

Legit! :D

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
the Trump Doctrine

a policy of abusing the truth to create chaos
c

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
In my opinion it's the price you pay when you elect a non-politician as President.  He hasn't been coached his whole life to play the middle on every topic and avoid saying stupid things that will make him look bad.

On the substantive issues facing the United States, Trump is on the way to being a great President.  He's doing exactly what he promised he would do during the campaign and he's doing it quickly.  He has some minor flaws and saying shit like this is one of them.  In the grande scheme of things it's very petty and the people that elected him don't give a fuck about it. 

I notice you glossed right over the bit I said about the corrupt pathological liar Hillary Clinton.  A lot of people dismiss her corruption and her bold-faced lies but then make a big deal about dumb shit that Trump says in passing.  I find it amusing and it proves that a lot of people are dishonest themselves.  They feign outrage when Republicans do things and then turn the other way when Democrats do the some vastly worse.  Kind of like how people attack Trump as a "sexual predator" because of a crass comment he made once but ignore the army of women that have accused Bill Clinton of actual sexual assault.

Trying to do the idiotic things that he promised his  moronic sycophants will actually be very bad for the country so kind of hard to figure out how that is going to make him a great POTUS (especially given that he officially has the worst approval ratings of any modern POTUS at this point in their administration

Hillary may be a liar but she is 3rd string farm league compared to our Liar in Chief

BTW - people didn't call Trump a sexual predator solely due to his bragging about sexually assaulting women.

They called him a sexual predator because about 15 or 20 women accused him of sexually assaulting them

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Hillary may be a liar but she is 3rd string farm league compared to our Liar in Chief

You just discredited yourself.  A laughable assertion.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
You just discredited yourself.  A laughable assertion.

translation = you can't address and refute anything I've said