Author Topic: Richard Dawkins defends “mild pedophilia”  (Read 2110 times)

muscleman-2017

• Getbig IV
Richard Dawkins defends “mild pedophilia”
« on: February 19, 2017, 10:44:07 PM »
Richard Dawkins defends “mild pedophilia,” says it does not cause “lasting harm”

The biologist and author described the sexual abuse that occurred among his former classmates as "mild touching up"

In a recent interview with the Times magazine, Richard Dawkins attempted to defend what he called “mild pedophilia,” which, he says, he personally experienced as a young child and does not believe causes “lasting harm.”

Dawkins went on to say that one of his former school masters “pulled me on his knee and put his hand inside my shorts,” and that to condemn this “mild touching up” as sexual abuse today would somehow be unfair.

“I am very conscious that you can’t condemn people of an earlier era by the standards of ours. Just as we don’t look back at the 18th and 19th centuries and condemn people for racism in the same way as we would condemn a modern person for racism, I look back a few decades to my childhood and see things like caning, like mild pedophilia, and can’t find it in me to condemn it by the same standards as I or anyone would today,” he said.

Plus, he added, though his other classmates also experienced abuse at the hands of this teacher, “I don’t think he did any of us lasting harm.”

Child welfare experts responded to Dawkins’ remarks with outrage — and concern over their effect on survivors of abuse.

As noted by the Religion News Service, Peter Watt, director of child protection at the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, called Dawkins’ defense of sexual assault “a terrible slight” to victims of such abuse.

“Mr. Dawkins seems to think that because a crime was committed a long time ago we should judge it in a different way,” Watt continued. “But we know that the victims of sexual abuse suffer the same effects whether it was 50 years ago or yesterday.”

http://www.salon.com/2013/09/10/richard_dawkins_defends_mild_pedophilia_says_it_does_not_cause_lasting_harm/#.WKoFCyHEMHw.facebook

hench

• Getbig V
Re: Richard Dawkins defends “mild pedophilia”
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 01:20:24 AM »
What an idiot, school master invaded their privacy and personal space. He clearly enjoyed it though

lm

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 04:25:28 AM »
He actually said:

Mild pedophilia is bad. Violent pedophilia is worse. If you think that’s an endorsement of mild pedophilia, go away and learn how to think.”

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 04:28:52 AM »
this is 2013-2014 twitter comments

its 2017

can we at least try to stay within the same YEAR of a comment?

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 04:39:03 AM »
Who? The fuck cares about richard dawkins???

lm

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 04:41:39 AM »
Noone. But I care about the propagation of bullshit.

On that note, let us all pray for Sweden.

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 05:32:37 AM »
What an idiot, school master invaded their privacy and personal space. He clearly enjoyed it though

Clearly you are the idiot.

Richard Dawkins did not endorse the act, he merely made a comment about changing moral perceptions, hence acts need to be viewed within their context. Had the 'mild pedophilia' been committed today, he would've spoken about it differently, as he implied in his remarks.

To somehow transpose this as endorsing or even mildly condoning child abuse shows a severe lack of reading comprehension and/or bias.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 05:35:33 AM »
Dick Gawkins

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 06:02:05 AM »
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/20/milo-yiannopoulos-denies-supporting-paedophilia-cpac-online-video

n an internet livestream, Yiannopoulos, a news editor at Breitbart who was permanently banned from Twitter in July 2016 for instigating abuse of the Ghostbusters actor Leslie Jones, says “you can get quite hung up on this child abuse thing”.
Yiannopoulos has been a longtime advocate for Donald Trump, whom he calls “daddy”. Matt Schlapp, the head of the American Conservative Union, which bills itself as the nation’s “premier conservative voice” and arranges the CPac conference, had defended concerns about booking Yiannopoulos to speak before the video emerged.

That's why muscleman posted the article about Dawkins. Musclemans little feelings are hurt that we called out Milos in another thread. So muscleman thinks he's getting even by posting an article about Dawkins. I don't see what Dawkins and Milos have in common.

But muscleman needs to try harder instead of digging up articles from 4 years ago.
X

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 07:50:21 AM »
Loved him on family feud

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 08:21:59 AM »
Clearly you are the idiot.

Richard Dawkins did not endorse the act, he merely made a comment about changing moral perceptions, hence acts need to be viewed within their context. Had the 'mild pedophilia' been committed today, he would've spoken about it differently, as he implied in his remarks.

To somehow transpose this as endorsing or even mildly condoning child abuse shows a severe lack of reading comprehension and/or bias.

hi richard

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 09:22:24 AM »
No peadophilia is ever anything other that disgusting, probably a peado himself for saying that, should castrate the bastard

lm

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 12:13:42 AM »
In arguably one of the best civilizations to ever exist, Ancient Greece, pedophilia (pederasty) was considered the ideal relationship. Families felt honored when a high status adult chose their son.

Through today's lens it seems disgusting / unacceptable etc... and I would want to kill anyone who so much as touched my son, because we all grew up and think according to today's morals. Morals change. They are not fixed in stone.

Marijuana was fine for thousands of years, then unacceptable and now slowly acceptable again. Same with alcohol, etc.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2017, 12:37:55 AM »
In arguably one of the best civilizations to ever exist, Ancient Greece, pedophilia (pederasty) was considered the ideal relationship. Families felt honored when a high status adult chose their son.

Through today's lens it seems disgusting / unacceptable etc... and I would want to kill anyone who so much as touched my son, because we all grew up and think according to today's morals. Morals change. They are not fixed in stone.

Marijuana was fine for thousands of years, then unacceptable and now slowly acceptable again. Same with alcohol, etc.

In essence what you are saying is there is no Right or Wrong
As it is in Nature.

It is us as Humans that define what is Right & Wrong.

Peadophlia & Child Abuse is Wrong & up there as Bad as Murder
Surely as Humans we have advanced far enough to know that.

Kill all Peadophiles. End of.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2017, 12:38:53 AM »
I'm sure those Greek parents were all thrilled to have their children raped!

My! How times have changed!