Author Topic: Climate of Joy from Raids on Illegals  (Read 4566 times)

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
Climate of Joy from Raids on Illegals
« on: February 20, 2017, 04:04:06 AM »
We now often hear about a "climate of fear" in the immigrant community because of the ongoing raids on illegals. I don't know about you people, but I sense a climate of joy amongst my friends, family, and fellow law-abiding citizens. Whenever I watch or read news about the raids, I feel like I am high without drugs!

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Climate of Joy from Raids on Illegals
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 05:59:40 PM »
We now often hear about a "climate of fear" in the immigrant community because of the ongoing raids on illegals. I don't know about you people, but I sense a climate of joy amongst my friends, family, and fellow law-abiding citizens. Whenever I watch or read news about the raids, I feel like I am high without drugs!

The Poli Board position has been switched with the General Board.

But IMO it's going about it the wrong way.  Like doing drug busts on addicts while letting the dealers skate.  Um, not going to work.

If it's really all about money (which it is... nevermind the emotional tugging in the media) then the solution is clear.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 10:01:51 PM »
The Poli Board position has been switched with the General Board.

But IMO it's going about it the wrong way.  Like doing drug busts on addicts while letting the dealers skate.  Um, not going to work.

If it's really all about money (which it is... nevermind the emotional tugging in the media) then the solution is clear.

Illegals are good for business. 

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 03:29:11 AM »
Unless it's a legally run business, which pays taxes, carries insurances, and pays employees a living wage.  Then it is out of business.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 10:35:26 AM »

your life must have really been negatively effected by illegal immigrants

how has your life improved to make you so joyous?

We're you finally able to get that sweet migrant farm worker job  or did you get that cool gig washing dishes at a cheap chinese restaurant in Mississippi?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 12:52:36 PM »
your life must have really been negatively effected by illegal immigrants

how has your life improved to make you so joyous?

We're you finally able to get that sweet migrant farm worker job  or did you get that cool gig washing dishes at a cheap chinese restaurant in Mississippi?

Maybe it's a prospect that the labor-participation rate among our native-born will reverse its sharp decline, and that there may be fewer Americans knocked on their asses from no hope.  Maybe he looks forward to seeing fewer of them lost in his city.

We have poor people who need opportunity, too, you know.  And every day a whole new crop of them reach adulthood.  Pretending that Americans "won't work" in restaurants, building trades, manufacturing, and just about any other area of employment imaginable, is a sign of the worst brainwashing.

The damage it's done to our society may be irreversible at this point, IDK.

And that doesn't even mention the technical work that the crooks in other industries hire from overseas.

(I don't have a beef with you, Straw Man... just offering what I believe to be an answer for your question... but maybe BBSS will tell you different.)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 10:42:10 AM »
Maybe it's a prospect that the labor-participation rate among our native-born will reverse its sharp decline, and that there may be fewer Americans knocked on their asses from no hope.  Maybe he looks forward to seeing fewer of them lost in his city.

We have poor people who need opportunity, too, you know.  And every day a whole new crop of them reach adulthood.  Pretending that Americans "won't work" in restaurants, building trades, manufacturing, and just about any other area of employment imaginable, is a sign of the worst brainwashing.

The damage it's done to our society may be irreversible at this point, IDK.

And that doesn't even mention the technical work that the crooks in other industries hire from overseas.

(I don't have a beef with you, Straw Man... just offering what I believe to be an answer for your question... but maybe BBSS will tell you different.)

I never said that American's won't work in restaurants or the trades or in manufacturing

Just pointing out that immigrants do jobs that most American won't do.

Migrant farm worker jobs are and always have been open to all citizens so why is it that you don't see fields full of blond hair, bue eye white people picking lettuce or washing dishes or working at the car wash ?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 01:47:48 PM »
I never said that American's won't work in restaurants or the trades or in manufacturing

Then how do you explain the illegal workers in those areas?

Just pointing out that immigrants do jobs that most American won't do.

How do you expect them to do any job already occupied? 

Or one which requires Spanish or Chinese -- because no one there speaks English?

Migrant farm worker jobs are and always have been open to all citizens so why is it that you don't see fields full of blond hair, bue eye white people picking lettuce or washing dishes or working at the car wash ?

Once again, ANY job already occupied makes it so another person "won't" be doing it, right?  So there's no honest way to make the claim you're making.

Let me ask you this: Do you support an idea which places safeguards toward keeping Americans employed, versus non-Americans?  Meaning that if an employer chooses to pay a non-American to perform work, it will be only through real proof that no American is interested in performing that job.  Something revolving around, say, 3 or 6-month cycles or similar.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 02:57:10 PM »
BTW, it's interesting that you chose to say "blond haired blue-eyed" as a way to describe those who may have been displaced.  There's nothing at all to say that it's a reasonable description to use as any sort of average in that regard, other than perhaps as a way to reduce such a serious matter into nothing but a question of race.  Which it isn't -- especially when you consider that an "average" example might easily be a darker-skinned, darker-haired citizen.

SO, since it's not about race... may I ask why you said that?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 08:54:00 AM »
Then how do you explain the illegal workers in those areas?
what is stopping you or your friends/family from applying for a job to wash dishes or pick vegetables

How do you expect them to do any job already occupied?  
Or one which requires Spanish or Chinese -- because no one there speaks English?

I'm sure you can find a vacancy for a shitting job washing dishes and getting paid minimum wage
I'm sure you would also have no problem finding a job working 12 hours in a day picking vegetables (assuming you live in an area where those jobs are available

here's a link so you can get started.  You want work all day in a field for 12 dollars an hours (or less) right?
https://www.indeed.com/q-Farm-Worker-l-California-jobs.html

their is no requirement to speak Spanish or Chinese to do these jobs.  

Once again, ANY job already occupied makes it so another person "won't" be doing it, right?  So there's no honest way to make the claim you're making.

specious argument

a filled job is by definition not available

you and every other person in this country can show up and apply for these jobs just like anyone else

these shitty jobs are available all over this country

go look for yourself

I guess you're telling me you've applied to be a migrant farm worker, dishwasher, janitor etc.. and have always been shut out by illegal workers

Let me ask you this: Do you support an idea which places safeguards toward keeping Americans employed, versus non-Americans?  Meaning that if an employer chooses to pay a non-American to perform work, it will be only through real proof that no American is interested in performing that job.  Something revolving around, say, 3 or 6-month cycles or similar.

I don't know what you mean by safeguards.  Define your premise and I'll give you an answer

Again, my premise is very simple to understand

These people do the jobs that you, me and our friends refuse to do

It's been that way for a long time

Again, if you've applied to pick vegetables for a meager wage and have been unable to find work because everyone prefers higher illegal immigrants then maybe you have a point

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 08:56:10 AM »
BTW, it's interesting that you chose to say "blond haired blue-eyed" as a way to describe those who may have been displaced.  There's nothing at all to say that it's a reasonable description to use as any sort of average in that regard, other than perhaps as a way to reduce such a serious matter into nothing but a question of race.  Which it isn't -- especially when you consider that an "average" example might easily be a darker-skinned, darker-haired citizen.

SO, since it's not about race... may I ask why you said that?

I used that description because you don't see any illegal immigrants from Mexico with blonde hair and blue eyes

that's what your kids or neighbor kids might look like

You know who I'm referring to

they are the ones who would never to these shitty jobs

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 01:44:02 PM »
what is stopping you or your friends/family from applying for a job to wash dishes or pick vegetables

I'm sure you can find a vacancy for a shitting job washing dishes and getting paid minimum wage
I'm sure you would also have no problem finding a job working 12 hours in a day picking vegetables (assuming you live in an area where those jobs are available

here's a link so you can get started.  You want work all day in a field for 12 dollars an hours (or less) right?
https://www.indeed.com/q-Farm-Worker-l-California-jobs.html

their is no requirement to speak Spanish or Chinese to do these jobs.

But it looks like you're again asking "what stops" a person from securing any job already occupied.

specious argument

a filled job is by definition not available

That's the point.

you and every other person in this country can show up and apply for these jobs just like anyone else

And any other person from anywhere on the planet who can make it here.  Once again: that's the point.

these shitty jobs are available all over this country

go look for yourself

Made all the more "shitty" due to its wage being hedged against the desperation of an overpopulated world.  So unless you have have a sick desire to see shitty jobs becomes even shittier (do you?) then it becomes impossible to follow your reasoning.

Can't you see that?

Doesn't it naturally follow, and does it concern you at all?  Because anyone looking to see how a so-called "liberal" train of thought (defined by media rather than reality) is pure self-destruction: there you go.

I guess you're telling me you've applied to be a migrant farm worker, dishwasher, janitor etc.. and have always been shut out by illegal workers

No, but then again I understand everything isn't about me.  Maybe that's the difference in our thinking.

I don't know what you mean by safeguards.  Define your premise and I'll give you an answer

Again, my premise is very simple to understand

These people do the jobs that you, me and our friends refuse to do

It's been that way for a long time

A safeguard to prevent exactly the problem we're discussing right now: IOW to stop a business from saying, "it's OK to have an illegal worker in this job" while also saying "I don't see why an American isn't doing this job."  That's an attempt to secure all things at once, which is nothing short of devious.  It's an evil game.

And worse yet, it's done at the expense of those who can least afford to play the game.

The safeguard is to require real documented explanation for any job using a non-American.  The revolving cycle is to see that we don't mistake a past snapshot for unchanged reality.  It's the only way to be fair to all concerned, in other words.

Again, if you've applied to pick vegetables for a meager wage and have been unable to find work because everyone prefers higher illegal immigrants then maybe you have a point

If a driving force of business is to bank the profit, then it must mean there IS clear incentive to hire an illegal worker.  Right?

So.  Whose side are you on?  One which works toward helping the future of ALL common people in this world within their own countries... or one which lets the money-man play all things at once like a little bitch, while undermining and destroying the value of work.

There's no middle ground to play it safe, my friend.  Sorry.  This is happening right now and it's an urgent matter.  Tick tock, as we say.