Author Topic: Anyone tried accupuncture with success?  (Read 2360 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Anyone tried accupuncture with success?
« on: February 21, 2017, 06:17:16 PM »
I've been having neck issues for years. My doctor is pushing me to try accupuncture instead of cortisone shots. She thinks it'll help. I've read it also helps with stress. I have my first visit with a little old Chinese lady tomorrow. Like anything I've heard mixed reviews. Any of you brotein shakes have had it?

ronnyg801

• Getbig II
Re: Anyone tried accupuncture with success?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 09:27:32 PM »
I have for my neck and upper back. It did work. For me its effects were temporary, but they were supposed to be, it was part of a healing process.

I need to do more as a preventative maintenance. Along with massage therapy etc.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 09:35:56 PM »
I successfully used acupuncture for a nagging hip-flexor injury a number of years back.  I started to feel noticeably better around the third treatment.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 10:03:11 PM »
did it 3 times for 3 different purpose. Didn't work non of the time...Asian bullshit. I rather prefer western technology and doctors...

Its all about fucking placebo, placebo is a fact and it works. Some people have the fooling gene build inside and believe in shit like that...it works for them

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 10:59:24 PM »
Yes. Worked very well for me (high blood pressure problems that weren't responding to normal meds) but it took awhile. Maybe 8 treatments and then things happened quickly. That was 15 years ago  - seems to be permanent so far.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 11:42:21 PM »
Bullshit pseudoscience.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 06:19:13 AM »
Real men only stick needles in their ass,delts,tri's...

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 06:54:48 AM »
I tried it a few times on the street to strangers when they weren't looking, didn't work out well at all...

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 07:45:26 AM »
Accupuncture won't fix herniated disks my friend. I have been there.

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 07:58:27 AM »
did it 3 times for 3 different purpose. Didn't work non of the time...Asian bullshit. I rather prefer western technology and doctors...

Its all about fucking placebo, placebo is a fact and it works. Some people have the fooling gene build inside and believe in shit like that...it works for them

Yeah you are one of those retards you believe in doctors cutting you open for every shit and feeding you pharmaceutical drugs, drugs dont cure anything they mask the pain and give you side effect you dumbfuck.

bicepsofsteel

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 08:12:30 AM »
You  can get acupuncture for animals (veterinary acupuncture) and there are many successful treatment stories out there. So how is the placebo effect working in those cases?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 11:34:22 AM »
So I had it done.  The doctor was funny, kept trying to scare me about pain etc...  I barely even felt the needles.  She then hooked up electrodes to them and kept telling me about discomfort.  I kept telling her to turn up the juice and she was hesitant but I liked the shocks.  She replies, oh you strong good man.  Haha.  I just laid there for about 30 minutes while the electric pulses flowed through the needles.  Not sure if I should feel any better ???  I keep hearing it takes a few times to tell. 

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 11:38:09 AM »
quack quack..

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 01:16:14 PM »
So I had it done.  The doctor was funny, kept trying to scare me about pain etc...  I barely even felt the needles.  She then hooked up electrodes to them and kept telling me about discomfort.  I kept telling her to turn up the juice and she was hesitant but I liked the shocks.  She replies, oh you strong good man.  Haha.  I just laid there for about 30 minutes while the electric pulses flowed through the needles.  Not sure if I should feel any better ???  I keep hearing it takes a few times to tell. 

While out of state once, I became so desperate from pain, I decided to try one.  Firm believer now.  It wasn't immediate relief, but it did take the edge off and over the course of a few days, and a few subsequent visits, the pain went away.  Acupuncture in conjunction with chiropractic (same office, later appts.), electrical stim, cupping, heat lamps, etc. seems to do the trick.

It's amazing what acupuncture can do, from sinuses, to psoriasis, to asthma, depression, stress, blood pressure, allergies, fertiltiy...the list is endless.  It's important to find a practitioner trained in Oriental medicine.

:

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2017, 03:20:48 PM »
While out of state once, I became so desperate from pain, I decided to try one.  Firm believer now.  It wasn't immediate relief, but it did take the edge off and over the course of a few days, and a few subsequent visits, the pain went away.  Acupuncture in conjunction with chiropractic (same office, later appts.), electrical stim, cupping, heat lamps, etc. seems to do the trick.

It's amazing what acupuncture can do, from sinuses, to psoriasis, to asthma, depression, stress, blood pressure, allergies, fertiltiy...the list is endless.  It's important to find a practitioner trained in Oriental medicine.

Why did I get horny reading cupping and fertility?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2017, 07:31:14 PM »
LOL  :D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2017, 07:32:05 PM »
I love going to the chiropractor............ .......I leave feeling great.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 01:12:44 AM »
1 Ask your doctor for studies which conclusively demonstrate effectiveness.
2 Get a new doctor.

Everybody knows Aroma Crystal Therapy is where the healing is at.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 02:29:23 AM »
1 Ask your doctor for studies which conclusively demonstrate effectiveness.
2 Get a new doctor.

Everybody knows Aroma Crystal Therapy is where the healing is at.

You know nothing... No healing unless angels are involved, get spiritual healing bruh...

Sports massage/Bowens (spell?), active release seem to work, acupuncture was a waste of money for me personally

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 02:46:33 AM »

You know nothing... No healing unless angels are involved, get spiritual healing bruh...

Sports massage/Bowens (spell?), active release seem to work, acupuncture was a waste of money for me personally

Wasn't that a Marvin Gaye song?

Baybeeeee.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 03:52:55 AM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 05:00:31 AM »
Might as well try it. If it doesn't work then you can go get addicted to pills.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 05:48:28 AM »
I've been having neck issues for years. My doctor is pushing me to try accupuncture instead of cortisone shots. She thinks it'll help. I've read it also helps with stress. I have my first visit with a little old Chinese lady tomorrow. Like anything I've heard mixed reviews. Any of you brotein shakes have had it?
try neck exercises jackass
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 06:48:50 AM »
Might as well try it. If it doesn't work then you can go get addicted to pills.

Exaclty.  That seems to the motive of most doctors.  Just take pills and fuck off.  At least my hottie doctor wants me to try other methods before jumping on narcotics

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2017, 07:13:22 AM »
Yep - series of 10 once weekly visits for lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow) last year made me a partial* convert.

I walked in thinking it was total BS, but I got the sessions for free, so had nothing to lose.  He was a qualified sports phsyio who also offered this, it wasn't a Chinese herbalist or 'Chakra cleanser' (oh brother...) so strictly no Tiger Penis was involved...

He did a quick diagnostic to establish where the pain was, then applied 3/4 needles along my pronated forearm.  This pic looks pretty close to how my needles were placed

Sat there for 10 minutes small talk, then as he plucked them out I got ready to smile, be polite and pretend it was slightly better - but to my astonishment it was completely numb!  The pain had gone without a trace for the first time in months..

I 'fessed up to him and he laughed, explaining that what he'd actually done was locate the specific nerve that had been aggravated and placed the needles along it accordingly.  He also pointed out that the semi-paralyisis of the nerve was temporary pain-relief - nothing more - no magic cure etc.  Having said that however, it never really came back at the same level as before, so there appeared to be some small amount of lasting effect - no idea what mechanism this might use though...

I have no idea if this could work for neck pain like yours though - surely those nerves are too 'deep' within the body.?

*so my experience was partial in that I can now see how this specific targeting of nerves near enough the surface might work in this manner, but for all the other stuff like allergies?  No way...

But if the pain comes back again, I've found this Chinese guy who makes a mean Rhino Horn, Spanish Fly and Tiger Penis protein shake...  ;)

T