Author Topic: DAMN!! Mariusz Pudzianowski got OLD and ATROPHIED!!!  (Read 18496 times)

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
Re: DAMN!! Mariusz Pudzianowski got OLD and ATROPHIED!!!
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2017, 05:36:51 PM »
I know a couple from Poland and they insist Mariusz is their Michael Jordan/Lebron James.

the shows he headlines for ksw sell alot of tickets and do big ratings in poland

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2017, 06:39:47 PM »
WTF!! I haven't seen him in a couple of years. Guy looks like he's 70+ years old. He was jacked and strong as fuck in the 2000's. He won the WSM competition 5 times! Dude has aged well before his years. He JUST turned 40 this month!  :o

Because fighting with a roided suit of muscles doesn't work.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2017, 11:21:12 PM »
You must be a particularly scrawny goober. Your posts reek of resentment towards strong, powerful and large men.

Not to mention you're incredibly ignorant about muscle, speed and force.

In almost ANY non-sporting physical altercation, someone as massive, powerful and functional as Mariusz used to be would simply destroy an opponent. That he's lost so much is because he trains MMA, which eats calories and tissue like no tomorrow, and focusses on combat as sport, which by its nature requires excessive cardiovascular capacity. Timed rounds and pacing and severely limiting rules.

Real life fighting isn't reflected very intensely in MMA.

No.

His drugged up build was not right for combat sports, that's why he slimmed down.

If you've ever done any combat sports, such as Muay Thai, you will realise that those muscles would slow him down and just be extra dead weight.

He's now training as a competitive fighter in a ring sport, and not just to lift heavy things off the ground.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2017, 11:34:34 PM »
You must be a particularly scrawny goober. Your posts reek of resentment towards strong, powerful and large men.

In almost ANY non-sporting physical altercation, someone as massive, powerful and functional as Mariusz used to be would simply destroy an opponent. That he's lost so much is because he trains MMA, which eats calories and tissue like no tomorrow, and focusses on combat as sport, which by its nature requires excessive cardiovascular capacity. Timed rounds and pacing and severely limiting rules.

x2

in a typical physical confrontation down the pub or on the streets given a choice of fighting a 145lbs mma guy or a prime mariusz at 320lbs, one of the strongest men on the planet yet still more agile than most guys, with his years of boxing experience to boot would seriously fuck up 99.9% of ordinary men in a very short space of time, the damage a man like that can do in a fight would be immense.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2017, 11:51:15 PM »
x2

in a typical physical confrontation down the pub or on the streets given a choice of fighting a 145lbs mma guy or a prime mariusz at 320lbs, one of the strongest men on the planet yet still more agile than most guys, with his years of boxing experience to boot would seriously fuck up 99.9% of ordinary men in a very short space of time, the damage a man like that can do in a fight would be immense.

Coming from a guy who has never fought in a ring against a professional trained to knock them out and thinks a 'fight' is a bunch of drunk guys brawling down at the pub.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2017, 12:06:40 AM »
Coming from a guy who has never fought in a ring against a professional trained to knock them out and thinks a 'fight' is a bunch of drunk guys brawling down at the pub.

That is why I specified in an ordinary fight you fucking clown which at the end of the day it's what really counts when it comes to self defence as if you get attacked/confronted your hardly going to say hold on while we get a ref, gloves ect and meet in a cage/ring at a specified date.

I like the way you you highlighted "fight" as if it isn't a real fight unless it's in a ring when most "street fights" are far more violent nasty affairs than "cage fights", if you believe otherwise your a fucking idiot and obviously think cos you roll around a mat with your sweaty legs wrapped around another sweaty man you know it all.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2017, 12:13:18 AM »
That is why I specified in an ordinary fight you fucking clown which at the end of the day it's what really counts when it comes to self defence as if you get attacked/confronted your hardly going to say hold on while we get a ref, gloves ect and meet in a cage/ring at a specified date.

I like the way you you highlighted "fight" as if it isn't a real fight unless it's in a ring when most "street fights" are far more violent nasty affairs than "cage fights", if you believe otherwise your a fucking idiot and obviously think cos you roll around a mat with your sweaty legs wrapped around another sweaty man you know it all.

A 'real street fight' with 'self defence' usually involves weapons, such as knives and guns, you ass-clown.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2017, 12:18:03 AM »
A 'real street fight' with 'self defence' usually involves weapons, such as knives and guns, you ass-clown.

No they don't unless it's a fight involving nigs or little scrotums with no other means of defending themselves unless armed, we don't even have guns over here.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2017, 12:45:11 AM »

I hear this all the time. MMA doesn't translate into hand to hand street fighting. This is such an astonishing naive and stupid statement on so many levels that it defies simple common sense. Only one who has ZERO experience with an MMA fighter, not little experience, ZERO, would say such an patently ignorant statement. Again, on so many levels that go beyond the one making the moronic claim.

Just on conditioning alone the MMA fighter is just in another league. He's training daily. I'm sure "Big Dragon" doesn't have a discipline training program judging by his doughy physique. And the level in combat sports is the highest it's ever been -- EVER? When competition and big money is on the line people innovate. They do things now never imagine just ten years ago.

"Oh", you say, "The street fighter can gouge you in the eyes, pull your hair, kick you in the balls... Well, guess what? So can an MMA fighter and they did in the original UFC and still do in Vale Tudo in Brasil.

And do you honestly think an aspiring MMA fighter just walks into a gym having no experience in fighting at all? They go into MMA because most have been in countless street fights and love. Love the violence and brutality. These are not betas but naturally violent and aggressive people whom many would also be in prison if it wasn't for MMA.   Unlike the "Big Dragons" in the world they want to take their fighting to another level instead of bullying those that don't even know how to properly throw a punch or have the physicality, training and technique to kick and do take downs and locks and chokes.

Now Mario is a trained fighter and knows a few things and because of his size, strength,
athleticism he can overcome a more experience and certainly smaller and weaker opponent. But an untrained 275 lb strongman will easily get choked out by a 145 lb experience, competitive MMA fighter.

Look at Mario here, even trained and conditioned for his new career, was no match for a washed up, fat, out of shape Tim Sylvia who was never top of the top as he had a brief rule in a very shallow and weak division. Look how Mario at 8:23 gets so winded, that this driven world class athlete loses all will to fight, and he just collapsed out of exhaustion. All that muscle and strength now useless. Imagine a "Big Dragon" type who has very little or no experience training regularly as a fighter but just bullying the weaker with a gun close to his side trying to go against someone who does this shit every day. Every goddamn day?

I like you, Fortress, but you are so, so off on this one. You've never trained MMA and have no first hand experience with MMA fighters.

Everything a street fighter can do an MMA fighter can also do -- only better.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2017, 12:53:34 AM »

Wrong, wrong, wrong! Most street fights rarely end in the brutal manner that a lot of MMA fights do. Just look at the athlete's faces after an event. Look how spent these highly conditioned athletes are in a fight to the finish. Most street fights end quickly with one getting knocked down and quitting and the other walks away because he's most likely winded. Now in a gang attack it's different. The cowards now comes out of the darkness and start boot stomping on the downed victim now that there is no risk in being hurt. Then things go very bad for the victim.

Also, guess what? And MMA fighter knows how to use weapons as well. Most likely better because it's what they are into. But for my purpose and argument I'm referring to one on one, no rules (street fight), hand to hand combat to counter the argument that MMA traning doesn't translate into no rules hand to hand combat.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2017, 01:26:00 AM »
Wrong, wrong, wrong! Most street fights rarely end in the brutal manner that a lot of MMA fights do. Just look at the athlete's faces after an event. Look how spent these highly conditioned athletes are in a fight to the finish. Most street fights end quickly with one getting knocked down and quitting and the other walks away because he's most likely winded. Now in a gang attack it's different. The cowards now comes out of the darkness and start boot stomping on the downed victim now that there is no risk in being hurt. Then things go very bad for the victim.

Also, guess what? And MMA fighter knows how to use weapons as well. Most likely better because it's what they are into. But for my purpose and argument I'm referring to one on one, no rules (street fight), hand to hand combat to counter the argument that MMA traning doesn't translate into no rules hand to hand combat.

Im not wrong at all, just going off what I've seen over the years, most "street" fights between two men who can actually fight and don't go down/give up after one or a few shots usually end up with one or even both getting fucked up really bad in a short space of time,  have a good family friend who for best part of 2 decades was "top dog" (sorry don't know how to phrase it without it sounding daft) in our local area, some of the harder fights he had were very nasty violent affairs normally ending with the other guy hospitalised, far worse than any mma match I've personally seen. Not saying this is big or clever just stating what my my experience of the subject is. I know this is using the exception to prove the rule and the vast majority goes like you say it does, just not always

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2017, 01:27:44 AM »
In before fat hawaian shirt bouncer beater of peace

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2017, 01:46:18 AM »
Im not wrong at all, just going off what I've seen over the years, most "street" fights between two men who can actually fight and don't go down/give up after one or a few shots usually end up with one or even both getting fucked up really bad in a short space of time,  have a good family friend who for best part of 2 decades was "top dog" (sorry don't know how to phrase it without it sounding daft) in our local area, some of the harder fights he had were very nasty violent affairs normally ending with the other guy hospitalised, far worse than any mma match I've personally seen. Not saying this is big or clever just stating what my my experience of the subject is. I know this is using the exception to prove the rule and the vast majority goes like you say it does, just not always

Nope. By far, most street fights and brawls start because two men, often a bit tipsy, come to some disagreement and/or argument and lose their temper. These "combatants" are rarely trained fighters and wind up flaying at each other have little or no idea what they are doing until one gives up or both get winded. It's probably been years before either of them has ever been in a physical altercation in years.

Now there's always the "Kimbo" type who are thugs and are tough as nails and do know how to fight and do so, often.  Much like your top dog guy. But these are rare
exceptions. Often with brutal consequences because two harden thugs are much more likely to fight to the real finish. Naturally tough, badass, hard fellas. But just like there are few obvious bbers out in public, even less so with trained fighters with a fighting mentality and spirit. Most people, despite their posturing, do not want to get into a physical confrontation and only extreme anger and alcohol push them over the edge which they wish to end quickly once it starts.

BTW, despite being a legit thug and trained street fighter you might remember that Kimbo never fared well once he was thrown in with the pros.

And the problem with exceptions are just that. They are exceptions. I was addressing the claim made by fortress that MMA training doesn't translate well in no rules (street fighting), hand to hand combat.

All else being equal, say two clones, but one is an MMA pro and the other a street brawler, the MMA fighter will win 99.9% of the time.

There's always that lucky punch.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2017, 01:48:04 AM »
Those kind of muscles were only going to be a hindrance to any fighting ability, so he had slim down in order to be able to move and strike faster and therefore with more power.

THIS

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2017, 01:49:53 AM »
I know a couple from Poland and they insist Mariusz is their Michael Jordan/Lebron James.

I also live in Poland gayve d and that's not true

that ski jumping little toad pwned bim as far as popularity is concerned

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2017, 01:51:34 AM »
In before fat hawaian shirt bouncer beater of peace

That's a good one.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2017, 02:03:20 AM »
Nope. By far, most street fights and brawls start because two men, often a bit tipsy, come to some disagreement and/or argument and lose their temper. These "combatants" are rarely trained fighters and wind up flaying at each other have little or no idea what they are doing until one gives up or both get winded. It's probably been years before either of them has ever been in a physical altercation in years.

Now there's always the "Kimbo" type who are thugs and are tough as nails and do know how to fight and do so, often.  Much like your top dog guy. But these are rare
exceptions. Often with brutal consequences because two harden thugs are much more likely to fight to the real finish. Naturally tough, badass, hard fellas.
But just like there are few obvious bbers out in public, even less so with trained fighters with a fighting mentality and spirit. Most people, despite their posturing, do not want to get into a physical confrontation and only extreme anger and alcohol push them over the edge which they wish to end quickly once it starts.

BTW, despite being a legit thug and trained street fighter you might remember that Kimbo never fared well once he was thrown in with the pros.

And the problem with exceptions are just that. They are exceptions. I was addressing the claim made by fortress that MMA training doesn't translate well in no rules (street fighting), hand to hand combat.

All else being equal, say two clones, but one is an MMA pro and the other a street brawler, the MMA fighter will win 99.9% of the time.

There's always that lucky punch.

I sort of realised the same thing as I got to the end of typing my post which is why I added the bit about being the exception at the end, my original point was against griffin saying it's not a real fight unless it's an mma fight which although true of the drunken shambles you see in most pubs every weekend is not always the case.
The toll all the fights took on the lad I knows body was immense, he needed a hip replacement at a young age, had numerous broken jaws which he never got pinned so often pained him, had 2 of his knuckles on his wrist. Also got ambushed a few times beaten with baseball bats and stabbed. Griffin hasnt a clue if he doesn't think "real fights" occour anywhere other than a cage/ring.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2017, 02:09:35 AM »
I sort of realised the same thing as I got to the end of typing my post which is why I added the bit about being the exception at the end, my original point was against griffin saying it's not a real fight unless it's an mma fight which although true of the drunken shambles you see in most pubs every weekend is not always the case.
The toll all the fights took on the lad I knows body was immense, he needed a hip replacement at a young age, had numerous broken jaws which he never got pinned so often pained him, had 2 of his knuckles on his wrist. Also got ambushed a few times beaten with baseball bats and stabbed. Griffin hasnt a clue if he doesn't think "real fights" occour anywhere other than a cage/ring.

good point bro

I always wondered how my idol Mr Juilan Jackson would end in a street fight

my man has awesome knockout punching power, so me thinks if he landed a few shots real quick like it would be lights out for anyone he faces no matter how tough they are

but if they could avoid getting hit square and grab him then I think he'd be in trouble

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2017, 02:16:09 AM »
good point bro

I always wondered how my idol Mr Juilan Jackson would end in a street fight

my man has awesome knockout punching power, so me thinks if he landed a few shots real quick like it would be lights out for anyone he faces no matter how tough they are

but if they could avoid getting hit square and grab him then I think he'd be in trouble

Id expect he would fucking destroy 99.9% of guys in a street fight provided it stays standing a good boxer in a street fight is extremely dangerous

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2017, 02:36:48 AM »
Imagine Mike Tyson on da street.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2017, 02:40:48 AM »

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2017, 05:44:14 AM »
No.

His drugged up build was not right for combat sports, that's why he slimmed down.

If you've ever done any combat sports, such as Muay Thai, you will realise that those muscles would slow him down and just be extra dead weight.

He's now training as a competitive fighter in a ring sport, and not just to lift heavy things off the ground.

Yes, "not right" for "combat SPORTS". Training for a "ring sport".

Did you even read/comprehend my post? Unreal.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2017, 05:47:08 AM »

That is the very definition of a real fight, goober.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2017, 05:51:04 AM »
 :D