Author Topic: Anyone take anti-depressants and gear  (Read 2855 times)

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
Anyone take anti-depressants and gear
« on: April 03, 2006, 04:40:55 PM »
I take prozacfor an anxiety disorder and I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with its interaction with aas. If anyone has information or personal experience it will be appreciated. If you can refer me to some websites for research it will be good too. Im wondering if the anti- depressants are cancelling some of the negative side effects, and any other interaction the fluoxetine (proxzac) may have with steroids.
ah yeah Im a voodo child

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
Re: Anyone take anti-depressants and gear
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 05:56:46 PM »
has it bothered you since you started your cycle?
if it hasn't why are you so worried about it now.
I think your getting way to paranoid.
if your haveing such big issues with your gear. I.E. your other posts?
maybe you should lay off of it for a while.
I have my own anxiety attacks and it has nothing to do with gear.

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 06:27:14 PM »
i am just trying to educate myself... I'm a thorough indivivdual and like to cover all angles when it comes to things like this that are serious.... as for being worried.... what should I do? Put out a disclaimer everytime I post so hot heads like you wont think Im worried? Gosh Zeek, arent you the same guy that said people shouldnt post negative replies? Whoa.... we dont have a hipp hipp hypochrite here do we??
ah yeah Im a voodo child

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 06:28:53 PM »
has it bothered you since you started your cycle?
if it hasn't why are you so worried about it now.
I think your getting way to paranoid.
if your haveing such big issues with your gear. I.E. your other posts?
maybe you should lay off of it for a while.
I have my own anxiety attacks and it has nothing to do with gear.

re-read the post Zeeker..... I was saying that I think there are positive results from being on the prozac i.e. no real aggressive behavior...
ah yeah Im a voodo child

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 07:11:51 PM »
your shot out.
I feel ya brother

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 08:00:04 PM »
I don't know how much it will affect your cycle, but if it is a concern it is something you should have searched out before you began, not after.

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 08:24:17 PM »
I don't know how much it will affect your cycle, but if it is a concern it is something you should have searched out before you began, not after.

your right... i will think about that next cycle.... Im learning
ah yeah Im a voodo child

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 11:38:19 PM »

yeah its obvious you have anxiety...... cuz of the 'anal minutae' of your posts !

you obviously worry about every mortal thing you encounter or endeavour to do .. typical neurotic worrier !

i bet you sit at home .. workin yourself into a frenzy as you mentally construct all these obstacles in your path  .. when the way forward is clear and problem free !

BUCK UP LAD... GET A F'UCKIN GRIP !!!

as sartre so sagely pointed out .. you are undergoin 'paralysis of analysis' .. basically if you analyse things to much you create problems where there are none and end up bein so worried and confused you cant actually do anythin ... thats the paralysis!

hope this helps ....

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 01:13:43 AM »
I take prozacfor an anxiety disorder and I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with its interaction with aas. If anyone has information or personal experience it will be appreciated. If you can refer me to some websites for research it will be good too. Im wondering if the anti- depressants are cancelling some of the negative side effects, and any other interaction the fluoxetine (proxzac) may have with steroids.

I already responded to this on your other thread.

Your bring up the same topics in multiple threads.

SSRI's like Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil cause a decrease in sex drive and overall aggressiveness and can cause weight gain, using them with AAS will just lessen the effects of the AAS. 

To maximize AAS gains you would need to discontinue Prozac, which in your case, is not the best idea.  Your mental health is more important than gains.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 08:59:36 AM »
true
but i dont think it would counter act that much
to have to stop using aas.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 03:39:53 PM »
true
but i dont think it would counter act that much
to have to stop using aas.

Did you read the post?

Where did I say he'd have to stop AAS?

I said he'd be better off getting off Prozac if he wants the full benefit of AAS, just that he obviously needs Prozac for his mental condition so he'll have to deal with the limited effectiveness of his cycles.

That's reality.

DIV

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 07:52:39 PM »
Did you read the post?

Where did I say he'd have to stop AAS?

I said he'd be better off getting off Prozac if he wants the full benefit of AAS, just that he obviously needs Prozac for his mental condition so he'll have to deal with the limited effectiveness of his cycles.

That's reality.

DIV.... I am reducing the ssri to half dose... its time for that anyway... and Im not on it for life... its just therapy for a traumatic experience that shot my nerves 10 months ago

DIV
ah yeah Im a voodo child

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 08:24:53 PM »
i think its his first time
and he's being way to paranoid.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2006, 08:27:18 PM »
DIV.... I am reducing the ssri to half dose... its time for that anyway... and Im not on it for life... its just therapy for a traumatic experience that shot my nerves 10 months ago

If you need the Prozac, take the Prozac.

I'm not your Psychiatrist.

I'm just saying it will limit the effectiveness of your cycle.

Tyson went on Zoloft at the end of his career and he went to absolute shit.  It killed his aggressiveness.

DIV

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 08:31:08 PM »
i think its his first time
and he's being way to paranoid.

yeah proly right zeek.... its because everything I ahve ever done in life I have known exactly what and how to do it..... with this shit I kind of dont know what the hell is going on and it is serious.... but I have retired tio the peace of mind that this is a learning experience and it is an experiment whereby I learn how these chemicals affect MY body. So, with that in mind, I am just going to kick back and enjoiy watching what happpens but also keeping in myind the basic principals and do's and donts. I am learning what those are form guys like division, arnold, and yourself.... I am not as uptight as it looks.... magnified in black and white writing on the screen. I just like to be on top of my shit ya know.
ah yeah Im a voodo child

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 08:33:47 PM »

yeah proly right zeek.... its because everything I ahve ever done in life I have known exactly what and how to do it..... with this shit I kind of dont know what the hell is going on and it is serious.... but I have retired tio the peace of mind that this is a learning experience and it is an experiment whereby I learn how these chemicals affect MY body. So, with that in mind, I am just going to kick back and enjoiy watching what happpens but also keeping in myind the basic principals and do's and donts. I am learning what those are form guys like division, arnold, and yourself.... I am not as uptight as it looks.... magnified in black and white writing on the screen. I just like to be on top of my shit ya know.

I think ZEEK is just trying to upset you, John.

Settle down.

DIV

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 08:58:10 PM »
I think your doing fine John.
sit back and enjoy what your doing.
your not on a mind altering drug! your making your body a machine with a little help.we all do it and we all enjoy it.your not addicted to gear! your addicted to life,and the changes that your going threw.I.E. getting big and doing a double take in the mirror.NOTHING wrong with that.
If you find yourself losing control.( like wondering off into space ) take a breather and relax.you dont have anything to prove to me or anyone else.
the only thing you have to prove to yourself is? your in control of everything you do,no one or nothing has control over you.NO drugs or gear or anything
controls you.
take your mind off the roids and take a step back and breath.and when you get in the gym explode and have a awsome work out.and then after your done with your workout step back out of that box,cause you have already did your workout what more do you have to prove?

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 08:59:22 PM »
I think ZEEK is just trying to upset you, John.

Settle down.

nah div... zeeks my boy... I was bein straight up .... that wasnt sarcastic I was being for real.. thats my perspective on it

DIV
ah yeah Im a voodo child

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 09:02:04 PM »
I think your doing fine John.
sit back and enjoy what your doing.
your not on a mind altering drug! your making your body a machine with a little help.we all do it and we all enjoy it.your not addicted to gear! your addicted to life,and the changes that your going threw.I.E. getting big and doing a double take in the mirror.NOTHING wrong with that.
If you find yourself losing control.( like wondering off into space ) take a breather and relax.you dont have anything to prove to me or anyone else.
the only thing you have to prove to yourself is? your in control of everything you do,no one or nothing has control over you.NO drugs or gear or anything
controls you.
take your mind off the roids and take a step back and breath.and when you get in the gym explode and have a awsome work out.and then after your done with your workout step back out of that box,cause you have already did your workout what more do you have to prove?

no doubt bro.... i wish I hadsnt posted that one about being addicted because I was just fucking around trying to be funny.... that was my way of saying that i love gear.... thast all I meant and then everyone took it the wrong way and started thinking I was going crazy...its cool though.... the thing is ... when you write shit in here, people cant hear the tone of your voice or seee your expressions so they take everything serious
ah yeah Im a voodo child

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2006, 09:04:11 PM »
I knew what you were talking about. LOL
grab your nuts and sqeeze as hard as you can!
it will take your mind off alot of shit.

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 09:25:16 PM »
yeah its obvious you have anxiety...... cuz of the 'anal minutae' of your posts !

you obviously worry about every mortal thing you encounter or endeavour to do .. typical neurotic worrier !

i bet you sit at home .. workin yourself into a frenzy as you mentally construct all these obstacles in your path  .. when the way forward is clear and problem free !

BUCK UP LAD... GET A F'UCKIN GRIP !!!

as sartre so sagely pointed out .. you are undergoin 'paralysis of analysis' .. basically if you analyse things to much you create problems where there are none and end up bein so worried and confused you cant actually do anythin ... thats the paralysis!

hope this helps ....

maybe not as bad as your analysis... but I should relax a little.... im better described as really thorough with everything..thanks though
ah yeah Im a voodo child