Author Topic: Isolation Tanks and Sports Science  (Read 2820 times)

Jamaal

• Getbig III
Isolation Tanks and Sports Science
« on: March 01, 2017, 11:01:35 AM »
For those unfamiliar,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolation_tank

Have any of you used these tanks for deeper thinking and understanding of what ails you?

Have you tried integration in sports science and bodybuilding applications?

Rudee

• Getbig V
Re: Isolation Tanks and Sports Science
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 01:14:56 PM »
I did a 90 minute float in Vancouver last year.  Feels like you are laying on a liquid mattress. With the earplugs on the only sound I was conscious of was my own heartbeat. My only complaints was that water seemed to cool off.  Also, the music they played to wake you up was a bit too loud.  A one and done thing for me, as it's a bit too pricey.  For the price of the float I could have had a steak and lobster dinner, including drinks.

Jamaal

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 01:17:10 PM »
Good insight. What benefits if any did you take away from the session?

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 01:27:21 PM »
Good insight. What benefits if any did you take away from the session?

It's a stress reliever, while you're doing it.  I only did the one session.   If it was half the price (I paid $80) I would probably give it another shot, but really, it's an expensive luxury.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 01:59:42 PM »
That bencmeister guy, whats his name, had his own tank. Home built. Memorable because he mentioned in the same thread how his resting heart rate was like 110. Like a genetic thing.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 02:56:06 PM »
I'll take two
U

Jamaal

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 03:04:21 PM »
That bencmeister guy, whats his name, had his own tank. Home built. Memorable because he mentioned in the same thread how his resting heart rate was like 110. Like a genetic thing.

Resting heart rate over 100 is genetic?

???

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 04:06:16 PM »
Resting heart rate over 100 is genetic?

???

Yeah, I remember his grandma had the same condition. Like a humming bird or some shit.

Jamaal

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 04:07:00 PM »
Yeah, I remember his grandma had the same condition. Like a humming bird or some shit.

This wouldn't be good news for anyone who sides with the theory of the heart being able to only beat a finite amount of times, regardless of other organ and overall health

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 06:18:37 PM »
This wouldn't be good news for anyone who sides with the theory of the heart being able to only beat a finite amount of times, regardless of other organ and overall health

We will die.

All of us.

Even if you subscribe to the theory that the heart has unlimited beats and keeping the other organs healthy is paramount.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 07:43:22 PM »
benchmeister? bench? benchmaster?

Jamaal

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 09:29:56 AM »
We will die.

All of us.

Even if you subscribe to the theory that the heart has unlimited beats and keeping the other organs healthy is paramount.

No one disputed this. However, it would near guarantee an untimely end if the theory holds true.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 10:24:49 AM »
TIL that benchmaster's grandmother was a hummingbird.
a

Jamaal

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 11:05:03 AM »

Wonder how that influences hormone production and overall cardiovascular health long and short term

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2017, 11:27:12 AM »
I've never seen such a tank, but not too long ago a wealthy client had a home set-up which was somewhat similar to a water bed with speakers embedded within it and beneath it on some tyoe of vibrating frame.

You would stretch out it and listen to to recordings such as Ride of the Valkyries and feel every vibration and every note and hear it like you were in the very center of the orchestra.

The music felt  as if it was coming from within every muscle, every bone and every internal organ of your body.

It was an amazing experience and very relaxing.

The owner claimed that it was beneficial for internal health related issues and peace of mind among other things.

Has any GetBigger ever seen such a set-up or ever heard anything about it, or possibly even tried it?

Jamaal

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 11:30:09 AM »
I've never seen such a tank, but not too long ago a wealthy client had a home set-up which was somewhat similar to a water bed with speakers embedded within it and beneath it on some tyoe of vibrating frame.

You would stretch out it and listen to to recordings such as Ride of the Valkyries and feel every vibration and every note and hear it like you were in the very center of the orchestra.

The music felt  as if it was coming from within every muscle, every bone and every internal organ of your body.

It was an amazing experience and very relaxing.

The owner claimed that it was beneficial for internal health related issues and peace of mind among other things.

Has any GetBigger ever seen such a set-up or ever heard anything about it, or possibly even tried it?

Interesting setup. Wonder if it was related to binaural beats, etc.