Author Topic: Topomax=Fat Loss  (Read 4469 times)

jbflift

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Topomax=Fat Loss
« on: April 03, 2006, 07:58:52 PM »
I have been on 75 mg of Topomax for migranes the past month and have lost 10 lbs. of weight.  My Doctor said that is not uncommon.  They are in studies right now developing as a diet drug.  Does any one use this for a "mild" diet drug.  It has no side effects except helps me sleep. My hypothesis is that it is similar to hgh, I've maintaned all my mass and lost a good inch on my waist.

Bypass

• Getbig II
Re: Topomax=Fat Loss
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 08:10:38 PM »
my wife dropped 20 lbs on that stuff, when she was on it for her migraines...never thought about it til you posted this. No clue how it would work, or if it's even close to HGH, never thought about it like I said, til you posted this, then I remembered she dropped some weight while on it.

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 01:50:40 PM »
This effect came out in the first large clinical trial.  It's cause is unknown.  I suppose it could go hand-in-hand with the most frequent GI side effects noted: diarrhea, vomiting and hemorrhoids.

Other frequent side effects include arthralgias and weakness, as well as fatigue and somnelence.  Not great news for BBs and powerlifters.

Rapid discontinuation of the drug once started can also result in several significant adverse events.  It's discontinuation must be tapered.

I would therefore strongly caution against contemplating use of Topamax as a weight-loss drug.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 03:42:46 PM »
This effect came out in the first large clinical trial.  It's cause is unknown.  I suppose it could go hand-in-hand with the most frequent GI side effects noted: diarrhea, vomiting and hemorrhoids.

Other frequent side effects include arthralgias and weakness, as well as fatigue and somnelence.  Not great news for BBs and powerlifters.

Rapid discontinuation of the drug once started can also result in several significant adverse events.  It's discontinuation must be tapered.

I would therefore strongly caution against contemplating use of Topamax as a weight-loss drug.

Good post, Freaker.

I could see kids were ready to jump on this "fat loss" bandwagon.

Nothing is free.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

jbflift

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 04:57:30 PM »
They are in developing as a weight loss drug as we speak.  I have had zero side effects except for a little drowziness.  But, as with any drug they are out there.  Also, if you do use AAS and Topomax there is a very high probability you will get kidney stones.

Thank you everyone for input and advise.

jpeso

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 05:42:13 PM »

Great post, good to have some experts in several fields on the board

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 08:18:43 PM »
Great post, good to have some experts in several fields on the board

Freaker is the resident ortho on call.

We need him.........if only he could prescribe Deca for us.   :'(

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...