Author Topic: New car  (Read 7010 times)

spiro

• Getbig IV
New car
« on: March 05, 2017, 10:35:20 AM »
Looking to get a slightly used vehicle under 30 k. I'm interested in the Dodge chargers and Chevrolet Impalas. I want something fast and sporty but still comfortable. Any other suggestions? I have never really been into cars so I'm trying to learn what I can. I've been driving a Gran Marquis for the last few years lol its very comfortable but zero cool factor.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: New car
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 03:08:28 PM »
Looking to get a slightly used vehicle under 30 k. I'm interested in the Dodge chargers and Chevrolet Impalas. I want something fast and sporty but still comfortable. Any other suggestions? I have never really been into cars so I'm trying to learn what I can. I've been driving a Gran Marquis for the last few years lol its very comfortable but zero cool factor.

Pretty sure the MSRP on both those cars for 2017 is mid-20s or so.

Do you have your mind set on a four-door?  It's cool, but just wondering if that's what you're looking for.

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 05:14:05 PM »
Pretty sure the MSRP on both those cars for 2017 is mid-20s or so.

Do you have your mind set on a four-door?  It's cool, but just wondering if that's what you're looking for.

My wife wants me to get a four door, looking to start a family soon. She's awesome helps me so much so I listen to her lol.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 06:22:36 PM »
My wife wants me to get a four door, looking to start a family soon. She's awesome helps me so much so I listen to her lol.

How's it been going, spiro?  Any interesting info you've found?

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 04:58:29 AM »
How's it been going, spiro?  Any interesting info you've found?

Definitely going with a charger RT looking for slightly used.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 11:54:21 AM »
Definitely going with a charger RT looking for slightly used.

^ Just roll up in front of the house and yell for your wife to come out and see what you bought.  She'll love you for it, trust me.

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 11:57:35 AM »
Haha that is sick!!  ;D

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 11:58:32 AM »
No, I checked some info on the newer RTs since you posted, and it looks like they may give very good value.  They're a dying breed, though, which really sucks.

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 04:02:46 PM »
No, I checked some info on the newer RTs since you posted, and it looks like they may give very good value.  They're a dying breed, though, which really sucks.

I found several 2015-2016s in great shape less then 20,000 miles around 22-27k. The SE looks great but I really want that hemi.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 06:40:38 PM »
I found several 2015-2016s in great shape less then 20,000 miles around 22-27k. The SE looks great but I really want that hemi.

Damn, man.  I don't want to say it, but if you have your heart set on one, you're going to have to be extra careful about what you're getting into.

When you made this post, I got curious about it, started looking was a little surprised and upset to find so much negative energy out there.  Definitely right up into the 15s, owners are complaining about workmanship and parts quality.

Not what I expected to see, for sure.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 06:53:58 PM »
Yeah, they look really good in the specs for money spent, and they get great reviews as new.   But it seems like they don't hold together very well (as an average, maybe).

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2017, 10:11:18 AM »
Hey bro I ended up getting the charger very happy with it!
It's a 2016 RT maximum steel metallic color. Picked up some weather tech Matts I'm going to tint the windows I'd also like to get a custom exaughst.

The car is so fast and handles really well I love it.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2017, 05:05:07 PM »
It's a 2016 RT maximum steel metallic color. Picked up some weather tech Matts I'm going to tint the windows I'd also like to get a custom exaughst.

I was looking at some videos, and they are bad ass.  That's their best color, too, IMO.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2017, 05:24:30 PM »

Not bad but that v8 is going to gulp the gas. I'll stick with my TT 400hp Q50 Red Sport.
T

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2017, 08:48:38 AM »
every getbigger should have at least one of these.
F

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2017, 07:01:18 PM »
Not bad but that v8 is going to gulp the gas. I'll stick with my TT 400hp Q50 Red Sport.

Ya gas is a bitch oh well  ;D
Throw up a pic of your car!

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2017, 11:52:50 AM »

They had the old Duesenberg in mind when they made these, but IMO it looks too similar to a kit car.

The company makes specialized Silverados, too, though.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2017, 02:29:49 AM »

Reminds me of something - can't quite put my finger on it.....  oh wait a minute, I remember now...

T