Author Topic: Somebody threw a syringe at Barry Bonds  (Read 11060 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Re: Somebody threw a syringe at Barry Bonds
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2006, 07:19:39 AM »
I love it when guys say "Bonds is an a-hole because of the way he speaks to the media".These athletes should treat the media like the scum they are.Frustrated little punks that never had a shred of athletic ability so now they prop themselves up as experts and rip the very guys they could nerver be like.All anyone has to do to see how stupid the media is is watch AROUND THE HORN on ESPN and listen to Jay Marrioti or watch Jim Rhome.Two of the biggest idiots in the history of American pop culture.Bonds should continue treating them as he always has.

MELTDOWN.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2006, 08:19:18 AM »
Its also funny that guys say "Bonds is an idiot" however,not one guy actually has ever met him,had contact with him or spoken to him.But because the media says "Bonds is an idiot" then it must be true ,because the media is full of honest people.Just ask Dan Rather.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2006, 08:43:10 AM »
Its also funny that guys say "Bonds is an idiot" however,not one guy actually has ever met him,had contact with him or spoken to him.But because the media says "Bonds is an idiot" then it must be true ,because the media is full of honest people.Just ask Dan Rather.

ever see any of his interviews? ::)

HES AN ASS!!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2006, 09:35:49 AM »
Yeah, supposedly some guys were picking up 5 to 6 mph on their fastballs overnight. I think it was far more common among hitters though than pitchers.

Back in the day if you threw 90 mph you were a power pitcher, these days more pitchers hit 90 than don't. whose to say who took what, I'm just saying people overlook the fact that the pitcher could be juicing too, and probably was.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2006, 09:50:31 AM »
That's great logic Mr. Groink. Real gold nugget you dropped there

Don't force me to take a giant shit on you.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2006, 10:20:25 AM »
Did I ever see Bonds interviews?Yes,I have.How many stupid a## questions does he have to answer.He plainly says "IM ONLY GOING TO TALK ABOUT BASEBALL" AND the first FREAKING QUESTION IS "HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE INVESTIGATION".Im sure you would be very patient and answer all the same questions over and over and over and over again,as the media is so freaking dumb they never come up with anything new,but after twenty plus years and twenty more looking at your dad getting hounded,eventually you might develope a rather antagonistic attitude towards the very people who ripped your father.Not one manager has ever had a negative thing to say about Bonds.I will take their word for it before I would take pencil necked Jim Rhomes opinion of it.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2006, 10:24:54 AM »
Did I ever see Bonds interviews?Yes,I have.How many stupid a## questions does he have to answer.He plainly says "IM ONLY GOING TO TALK ABOUT BASEBALL" AND the first FREAKING QUESTION IS "HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE INVESTIGATION".Im sure you would be very patient and answer all the same questions over and over and over and over again,as the media is so freaking dumb they never come up with anything new,but after twenty plus years and twenty more looking at your dad getting hounded,eventually you might develope a rather antagonistic attitude towards the very people who ripped your father.Not one manager has ever had a negative thing to say about Bonds.I will take their word for it before I would take pencil necked Jim Rhomes opinion of it.

Jim Everett showed the world the kind of man Jim Rome is . . .  ;D

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2006, 10:33:11 AM »
He got booed constantly, then a fan threw a large plastic syringe onto the field, which he picked up and tossed into the camera crew calmy. 

"I don't touch those things", he said.

bonds is such a douche he said to the media..."this has nothing to with me".... I think he belives his own lies now...

jpeso

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2006, 10:40:30 AM »
Jim Everett showed the world the kind of man Jim Rome is . . .  ;D

If you call me Kris one more time, you might want to take a station break or something..... ;D

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2006, 10:43:07 AM »
If you call me Kris one more time, you might want to take a station break or something..... ;D

the expression on Rome's face when his chair hit the deck was priceless.  He looked petrified. ;D

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2006, 10:43:42 AM »

his behavior goes back to before this latest info on drugs. whenever someone asks him something he doesnt like he acts like a big baby and yells at the reporter. if he was such a great person why cant he just say "i would rather not talk about that", instead of yelling "NEXT QUESTION". how many other pro athletes do you see giving interviews like this. most of the true great ones know how act like adults

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2006, 10:51:09 AM »
It was only Flax seed oil and Vitimans.  Barry said so.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2006, 11:28:59 AM »
How cool would it have been if Barry picked up the syringe, loaded it full of test, and shot himself up right there on national TV!!

Awesome!!!

Special "Fantasy Island" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2006, 11:52:24 AM »
Hmmm,what other type of guys yell at reporters like Bonds?Lets see,Bill Parcells,Bobby Knight,Charles Barkley,Eddie Murray,Jim Boeheim,Jim Calhoun,John Chaney etc etc.I believe you will find ALL of those guys in the hall of fame in their respective sports.Apparently the very best at what they do,all think the media are a bunch of idiots.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2006, 12:05:49 PM »
Hmmm,what other type of guys yell at reporters like Bonds?Lets see,Bill Parcells,Bobby Knight,Charles Barkley,Eddie Murray,Jim Boeheim,Jim Calhoun,John Chaney etc etc.I believe you will find ALL of those guys in the hall of fame in their respective sports.Apparently the very best at what they do,all think the media are a bunch of idiots.

Yo, BILLY, care to comment?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=62602.msg944505#msg944505

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2006, 12:23:18 PM »

In all seriousness, what is your fascination with Jim Rome about? You mention him constantly. Did he steal money from you? Bang your girl? Run over your dog? What is it?

You're starting to sound like a fanatic.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2006, 10:55:07 PM »
yall ever notice that EVERY female college basketball coach or analyst has a manly voice?

Is it because of steroids? Or just that manyly chicks gravitate towards sports? Have something to do with being 6'4"?

That Mary Carillo tennis commentator is a perfect example of this.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2006, 10:56:07 PM »
i wonder why fans dont throw syringes at bodybuilding contest  ???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2006, 10:59:33 PM »
i wonder why fans dont throw syringes at bodybuilding contest  ???

and waste a perfectly good pin?

On a side note, seeing Barry Bonds break down in a profanity-laced tyrade on ESPN just now was eerily reminiscent of Shawn Ray, backstage at the Olympia, any year from oh, 1989 to 2001.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2006, 11:00:11 PM »
ha ha that was funny

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2006, 11:01:14 PM »
 That doesn't sound like something Shawn would do :o

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2006, 11:02:13 PM »
he must of forgotten to take his vyotech supplements

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2006, 05:25:22 AM »
Why dont I like Jim Rome?He is a guy that thinks he knows something about sports but knows nothing.Im a Syracuse Orangemen fan.This guy loves ripping Boeheim.However,Boeheim has done two things that Rome NEVER will,he won a national title and is in the hall of fame.The reason Rome hates Boeheim is the same reason he hates Bonds,both of them called him an idiot and now he thinks its ok to be on them all the time.However,if he gets ripped,he cries like a little girl[remember the Jim Everett incident].I dont like ANYONE in the sports media.They are all wannabe athletes who couldnt even play JV ball for their high schools and now are mad at the world that they cant be like guys like Bonds.They are the perfect example of pencil necked geeks.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2006, 06:40:39 AM »
Why dont I like Jim Rome?He is a guy that thinks he knows something about sports but knows nothing.Im a Syracuse Orangemen fan.This guy loves ripping Boeheim.However,Boeheim has done two things that Rome NEVER will,he won a national title and is in the hall of fame.The reason Rome hates Boeheim is the same reason he hates Bonds,both of them called him an idiot and now he thinks its ok to be on them all the time.However,if he gets ripped,he cries like a little girl[remember the Jim Everett incident].I dont like ANYONE in the sports media.They are all wannabe athletes who couldnt even play JV ball for their high schools and now are mad at the world that they cant be like guys like Bonds.They are the perfect example of pencil necked geeks.

I didn't ask why you don't like him. I asked why you were so fascinated with him. Why do you care what Jim Rome says? Don't you realize everything he says is intended to get ratings? Something is up with you and Jim Rome, he must have banged your broad or something.

Darth Muscle

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Remember 01/31/07
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2006, 06:54:35 AM »
and woody paige

Skip Bayless is the dumbest fu@% on tv.  He said they were moving little league fences back 20 feet because 12 old kids were hitting bombs because they were "on steroids".  12 year old kids on the juice?  And this guy is on ESPN.  If steroids made you hit homeruns, Ronnie Coleman would be making A-Rod money instead of the one million he's getting from BSN.  Barry Bonds has never failed a drug test, and steroid cloud or not, is the greatest all-around baseball player ever.