Author Topic: UNBELIEVABLE!!..TRUMP CAUGHT LYING AGAIN TODAY ABOUT OBAMA AND GITMO  (Read 881 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
President Trump stated today that Obama released 112 prisoners from Gitmo and that they then went back to fighting with Al Qaeda....Trump called it a bad move on Obama's part.....

BUT.......it was actually George Bush who released 113 Al Qaeda prisoners...Obama released a total of 9
WHEN WILL THE LYING STOP???????????????

AMAZING

Skeeter

Re: UNBELIEVABLE!!..TRUMP CAUGHT LYING AGAIN TODAY ABOUT OBAMA AND GITMO
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 07:55:07 PM »
Obama also said that he would close Gitmo down.  >:(
But yes, sounds like President Cluster Fuck is lying again.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 04:49:35 AM »
Obama also said that he would close Gitmo down.  >:(
But yes, sounds like President Cluster Fuck is lying again.

oh come on......that wasn't a lie.....Obama wanted to close it down...he absolutely tried but the Republican congress kept denying them the opportunity to do so..thats different

Skeeter

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 05:02:23 AM »
oh come on......that wasn't a lie.....Obama wanted to close it down...he absolutely tried but the Republican congress kept denying them the opportunity to do so..thats different

I didn`t say it was a lie, just an unfulfilled campaign promise. One that I wanted to see him keep.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 12:52:40 PM »
I didn`t say it was a lie, just an unfulfilled campaign promise. One that I wanted to see him keep.

Agreed

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 05:54:38 PM »
Agreed.  Maybe I missed something, but couldn't he have issued an executive order to close it?

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 06:06:08 PM »
Agreed.  Maybe I missed something, but couldn't he have issued an executive order to close it?

I looked at that today:

"Although the closure of Guantanamo Bay was announced in an executive order, which Obama signed on Jan. 22, 2009, the fanfare never translated into the kind of political push necessary to sustain the policy.

“Vulnerable senators weren’t going out on a limb and risk being Willie Hortonized on Gitmo when the White House, with the most to lose, wasn’t even twisting arms,” said a senior Democratic aide whose boss was one of 50 Democrats to vote in 2009 against funding to close Guantanamo. “They weren’t breathing down our necks pushing the vote or demanding unified action.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/guantanamo-bay-how-the-white-house-lost-the-fight-to-close-it/2011/04/14/AFtxR5XE_story.html?utm_term=.2f73f2f91387
a

Skeeter

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 06:09:03 PM »

Who do you think he is, Trump?  ;D

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 07:00:49 PM »
I looked at that today:

"Although the closure of Guantanamo Bay was announced in an executive order, which Obama signed on Jan. 22, 2009, the fanfare never translated into the kind of political push necessary to sustain the policy.

“Vulnerable senators weren’t going out on a limb and risk being Willie Hortonized on Gitmo when the White House, with the most to lose, wasn’t even twisting arms,” said a senior Democratic aide whose boss was one of 50 Democrats to vote in 2009 against funding to close Guantanamo. “They weren’t breathing down our necks pushing the vote or demanding unified action.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/guantanamo-bay-how-the-white-house-lost-the-fight-to-close-it/2011/04/14/AFtxR5XE_story.html?utm_term=.2f73f2f91387

As a liberal who votes democratic, it's this sort of shit that pisses us off.  Spineless fucking centrist democratic bullshit.