Author Topic: 2017 Physique and Classic contest predictions  (Read 8832 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
2017 Physique and Classic contest predictions
« on: March 10, 2017, 09:45:17 AM »
At present I have no knowledge nor predictions concerning any of these two new events (Men's Physique/Men's Classic) for this year but I have a humble feeling that it will be the year of a major breakout on the part of  Canada's Chris Bumstead who got his IFBB Pro Card late last year by competing as a Bodybuilder, but will now enter Classic events.

Many fans (mainly his family and friends) predict that Chris will be the future of Classic comps.

Interesting to note that he trains somewhat like a powerlifter durning the off season but gets ripped to shreds (dieting mainly) when it comes time to compete as a bodybuilder.

Since I am unfamiliar with the main contenders within Classic and Physique events, it might be a good idea to collect the opinions of various GetBiggers who are more knowledgeable within this field and see if any GetBiggers are able to predict the outcome of such events for 2017.

Introduce the contenders (experienced and new-comers)  and pick the winners and see who does so most accurately.

I think that Bumstead will win, place, or show in any "race" he enters, but the big money goes on the 'win'.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: 2017 Physique and Classic contest predictions
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 05:43:55 PM »
for classic...

top guys in my eyes

Robert Timms
Breon Ansley
danny hester
Sadik Hadzovic
Calum Von Muger

I plan on doing nationals this year in Miami but I am on the small side of the game (tall and semi too trim)

I personally think some of the top Physique guys would better in mens classic -

i heard they are changing name from classic physique to classic bodybuilding

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 09:24:06 PM »
People actually pay attention to these divisions? Or bodybuilding in general?

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 11:36:42 PM »

lol true who gives a shit about those contests, i'm already ashamed for wanting to know the Arnold and Olympia results but anything else ...

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 11:52:46 PM »

I know of the top guys in my division and that is about it.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 03:12:28 AM »

maybe you keep up with the powerlifters  ???

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 03:12:44 AM »
IMO, Arash Rahbar is one of the better classic physiques

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 03:18:46 AM »
^^^ wjhatz his height weight?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 09:07:52 AM »
DROP, I'ver never heard of ARASH before but the pics above definitely show that he's a serious contender and possibly even unbeatable.  

I was just told that he placed second behind Danny HESTER at last year's olympia

TRES TACO, Can you post the names of the top contenders in your class and what is your best guess how you will do against them in competition.

DJ, CORE, CREATOR, Apparently you may be unaware how fast these new events have grown within the past couple of years.

Has any Getbigger heard of any bodybuilding competitor who has given up competitive bodybuilding and is planning to enter one of these Classic or Physique events?

And as far as changing the 'Classic physique' title to 'Classic bodybuilding' it could prove best to change an event's name such as the' Arnold Classic' (and many other events with 'Classic' in the title) to another title/name because such an event with the word 'Classic' in its title may not even be holding a Classic contest.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2017, 09:32:14 AM »
So far (March 11, 2017) here is the list of top Classic contenders as per GetBig standards ....

Chris Bumstead
Arash Rahbar
Robert Timms
Breon Ansley
Danny Hester
Sadik Hadzovic
Calum Von Muger

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 09:51:55 AM »
Not sure but 1st place prize money for mens physique at the Arnold was $5,000..

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2017, 12:02:19 PM »
Not sure but 1st place prize money for mens physique at the Arnold was $5,000..

that's why these turds whore themsleves out.to the supp companys gotta make.money somehow

an x girlfriend of mine.thought about competing in bikini but when she saw the shitty prize.moneyt involved she.said fuck.that shit

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2017, 06:02:21 PM »
The KID's comment about the $5,000 first place at the Arnold's raises an interesting question.

What are the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards for each of the IFBB Pro  Classic and Physique events this year.

And is anyone able to list those world-wide IFBB events for 2017?

And can anyone let us know which Physique or Classic contenders have worthwhile supplement contracts.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2017, 06:42:19 PM »
Truthfully it's looking like these supplement contracts are a thing of the past, don't see many companies putting up $$$ to sponsor athletes, if they are it's not very much. Theres so many random muscular guys/girls out there and most will work for product or very little money, just for the sake of saying they are sponsored, having top placing at shows means nothing either, hell Michael Locket doesn't have any sponsor, Rhoden didn't have a sponsor for a while. Everything is online, magazines are dead, and youtube is helping to expose what it really takes to be in the fitness/bodybuilding industry and it's drugs, not supplements.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2017, 07:35:33 PM »
I can't wait to see this category as it matures.  I think Danny Hester was a good choice but as this division becomes increasingly competitive, I think we're going to see physiques that are better than the open guys in a lot of ways and it will speak for itself and the bodybuilding fans will respond in kind. I disagree with Weinberger and agree with Kai that there is potential for Classic Physique to overtake the open.  I think it can but not because of one guy it will be a deep talent pool of real good and great physiques that are not as extreme with the side effects and loss of definition and and separation for the extra weight. 212 could eventually look alot different as well as Classic guys out grow Classic Physique but that depends how the judges judge. 

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2017, 07:54:40 PM »
Truthfully it's looking like these supplement contracts are a thing of the past, don't see many companies putting up $$$ to sponsor athletes, if they are it's not very much. Theres so many random muscular guys/girls out there and most will work for product or very little money, just for the sake of saying they are sponsored, having top placing at shows means nothing either, hell Michael Locket doesn't have any sponsor, Rhoden didn't have a sponsor for a while. Everything is online, magazines are dead, and youtube is helping to expose what it really takes to be in the fitness/bodybuilding industry and it's drugs, not supplements.

A magazine cover would be legit through, bucket list item for me would be RX fitness - as stated above magazines are dead. i loved me some muscle mag international back in the day.

I personally think Timms has my favorite build now. dude is stupid looking.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2017, 08:14:03 PM »
Thanks for some damn intelligent remarks from the KID and WIGGS and TRES.

I think that a lot of Getbiggers have felt the same way as TRES (and was it WIGGS earlier?) regarding TIMMS.

And at present I can't think of anything intelligent to add but that won't stop from saying the following:

The 11th Arnold "Amateur" IFBB International Bodybuilding, Fitness, Bodyfitness/Figure, Bikini & Physique Championships  was held in Columbus, Ohio on1-4 March, 2017.

It drew a total of 505 male and female competitors from 81 different countries with 222 contestants from the good old USA.

What is most interesting is that no one from the USA placed within the top three of the Overall Men's Classic Bodybuilding nor the Overall Men's Physique contests.

The top three in each contest were as follows:

Men's Classic Bodybuilding (23 Contenders) Overall top 3:
Svetozar Milenkovic … Serbia
Carlo Michellini  … Italy
Remi Ganzeman … Belgium

Men's Physique (109 Contenders) Overall top 3:
Geder Gomes … Brazil
Yukihiro Yuasa … Japan
Shogo Sato … Japan

All amateurs ..... so it's highly unlikely that any GetBigger has heard of them.

BUT....  it does appear that the USA has some catching up to do within the Physique and Classic arena.

Anonymous

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2017, 08:31:26 PM »
So far (March 11, 2017) here is the list of top Classic contenders as per GetBig standards ....

Chris Bumstead
Arash Rahbar
Robert Timms
Breon Ansley
Danny Hester
Sadik Hadzovic
Calum Von Muger
Terrence ruffin too.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2017, 08:36:44 PM »
Terrence ruffin too.

Yes, Ruffin and Breon Ansley.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2017, 12:01:41 PM »
Thanks for some damn intelligent remarks from the KID and WIGGS and TRES.

Svetozar Milenkovic … Serbia
Remi Ganzeman … Belgium

All amateurs ..... so it's highly unlikely that any GetBigger has heard of them.

BUT....  it does appear that the USA has some catching up to do within the Physique and Classic arena.

the Olympia dudes were pretty much all from the USA and Cali.  i am confused on the US citizen thing on the NPC?

Ive decided I am just going to focus on nationals in Miami in Nov.  with classic it is all heights vs weight - i can weigh 225lbs based on my height. I am always way under that   :'(

Id like to compete at around 215lbs

Ive seen Timms in person (he lives in the same city as me) dude is impressive

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2017, 12:08:16 PM »
That fuck face Hester was gifted the 1st one and that will be his last!!!  Little midget was 4th place at best last year...guess he sucked the right shmoes...

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2017, 12:19:19 PM »

Remi Ganzeman … Belgium  

2nd and 3rd place dont blow me away in terms of wow shit factor  ???

I think I could take him within 1 year

https://musclemecca.com/imported-images/2016/11/3eae0e5144327b913b691570d0046512-1.jpg

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2017, 04:34:58 PM »
TRES TACO ... YOU SAID, "I am confused on the US citizen thing on the NPC?"

Many years ago I was involved in the official meeting at which the NPC became associated with the IFBB and the agreement at that time was that the NPC would be recognized by the IFBB as the sole governing body for amateur bodybuilding competitions within the USA if the NPC would officially recognize the IFBB as the world-world  governing body for professional bodybuilding competitors and amateur bodybuilding competitors outside of USA jurisdiction

Unless there have been recent changes ... all professional bodybuilding contests held within the US must be IFBB sanctioned as per IFBB/NPC mutual agreement.

I think I got that right.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2017, 04:43:08 PM »
The following few posts will be my attempt to post photos 0f the above named 'contenders' in an attempt to show the difference between Classic and 'un-classic' competitors.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2017, 04:44:47 PM »