Author Topic: US Cars are about to be Great Again! (Trump lowering fuel economy rules/regs)  (Read 16335 times)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
tune in to "imsa tv" Web page to stream the end of the Sebring 12 hr race, exciting finish, 5 mins left, placings so far in GTLM are:

Corvette
Ford
Ford
Ferrari
Ford
BMW
Porsche
Porsche

But the bottom 3 can feel comfortable in the fact that they have "German engineering" lol

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
tune in to "imsa tv" Web page to stream the end of the Sebring 12 hr race, exciting finish, 5 mins left, placings so far in GTLM are:

Corvette
Ford
Ford
Ferrari
Ford
BMW
Porsche
Porsche

But the bottom 3 can feel comfortable in the fact that they have "German engineering" lol
All that "German Engineering" and somehow they managed to produce worse and worse cars each year for the past decade.

Maybe someone can teach them how to "Engineer" something that does not depreciate in value so dramatically to where a 120,000 dollar car is worth 7500 dollars in five year. HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHA BMW's and all their "German Engineering" yet none of their cars come with something as simple as an oil dipstick to check the oil.  Whadda mess. Pieces of shit.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
All that "German Engineering" and somehow they managed to produce worse and worse cars each year for the past decade.

Maybe someone can teach them how to "Engineer" something that does not depreciate in value so dramatically to where a 120,000 dollar car is worth 7500 dollars in five year. HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHA BMW's and all their "German Engineering" yet none of their cars come with something as simple as an oil dipstick to check the oil.  Whadda mess. Pieces of shit.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
ROFLMAO!!!!

"German Engineering" is a pathetic joke.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World

Corvette
Ford
Ford
Ferrari
Ford
BMW
Porsche
Porsche

Mid engined 911RSR was leading in GTLM, and screwed up in the pits. Corvette came in and snatched the win. With Ford in 2nd, Ferrari in 3rd. And Ferrari and Ford had been battling.
LMPDi and overall went to Cadillac.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
ROFLMAO!!!!

If it's that big of a joke why does all American manufacturers for decades can't outsell Germans and Japanese in the luxury market and for over a decade now American manufacturers are chasing euros on not just straight line speed which American cars were only good for for decades and going for steering, handling, and chassis tuning more  ;)

Caddy is a copy of BMW's prime years, they benchmark their cars after BMW e46/e90 models, they even said that

I've driven a ton of cars, majority of American cars don't drive right and cheaply made up until some of thier products now

There is a reason why the Porsche 911 is king of sports cars and everyone is always gunning for it

BMW pretty much owned and still do the sports/luxury market, another reason why everyone is always going after the 3 series for decades

Bevo

• Getbig V
Weird, several of my car friends own both Italian exotics and American performance cars.

(Insecure) people who buy cars for status perhaps, but not actual enthusiasts.

Majority worldwide still lust or after euro cars in general, this is a fact

American cars (only their sports cars) are good cars but it's still budget cars for a certain price and certain individuals

The c7 corvette is a great car, every other one before it (c6, c5) were cheaply made junk imo, very fast but that's it, steering feel sucks, the acr viper or even reg viper were much better but it's more a weekend car

American sports cars give u a lot for the money in terms of price but no match for a Porsche 911 as a overall product. Key word is "complete package"

There's a reason why the vette will never touch the 911 in terms of complete car and all the reviews stand behind it

Bevo

• Getbig V

Corvette
Ford
Ford
Ferrari
Ford
BMW
Porsche
Porsche

U pick out one race to prove your point?  ::)

Stick to your "budget car" corvette  ;D

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
ROFLMAO!!!!

This video is pretty accurate.  The low resale value of used German Luxury cars is warranted due to the ridiculously high maintenance costs.

Skylge

• Getbig IV

If it's that big of a joke why does all American manufacturers for decades can't outsell Germans and Japanese in the luxury market and for over a decade now American manufacturers are chasing euros on not just straight line speed which American cars were only good for for decades and going for steering, handling, and chassis tuning more  ;)

Caddy is a copy of BMW's prime years, they benchmark their cars after BMW e46/e90 models, they even said that

I've driven a ton of cars, majority of American cars don't drive right and cheaply made up until some of thier products now

There is a reason why the Porsche 911 is king of sports cars and everyone is always gunning for it

BMW pretty much owned and still do the sports/luxury market, another reason why everyone is always going after the 3 series for decades

In the most important luxury market of the near future it's USA number 1, and the rest years behind: Electric cars. See Tesla and the impressive Lucid Air for example

Skylge

• Getbig IV

Corvette
Ford
Ford
Ferrari
Ford
BMW
Porsche
Porsche

Unfortunately for all marketing departments, there is no relationship whatsover between modern race cars and autos you can buy in showrooms....

Dito for racing results, they don't influence real car sales.
New car models and quality actually do

Racing is a complete waste of money
During the last global economic crises car manufacturers suddenly realised this and cut back race budgets enormously

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV

Corvette
Ford
Ford
Ferrari
Ford
BMW
Porsche
Porsche

You pick one race to prove your point?  I'm pretty sure we're talking about engineertin sports cars on the street as well.  A lot of different factors go into racing.  Fact is the BMW M cars are the benchmark for their class, and have been for years.  Until you've owned one I'm not sure how you can comment on the engineering.  They put any American sports car I've driven to shame.  The new DCT is simply amazing.  Looks, performance, luxury.  You won't find it in any American sports car.  There is a reason why Ford is trying to make their Mustangs resemble a BMW M4 now.  They're doing a shitty job of it by the way.  Every other car manufacturer is trying to make their cars resemble BMW as well.  Alfa Romeo just came out with the Guilia that is a copy of the BMW M3.  Go drive an M4 and see for yourself.

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV

You're simply ignorant.  I'd love to see the heap of shit you drive.  You need an oil. Hangs with a BMW, you take the car in, drop it off, they give you a loaner for the day.  My guess is you've never driven one, much less have the means to buy one.  BMW sales are higher than they've ever been, so not too shabby for such pieces of shit. 

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
You're simply ignorant.  I'd love to see the heap of shit you drive.  You need an oil. Hangs with a BMW, you take the car in, drop it off, they give you a loaner for the day.  

Okay, they give you a loaner for the day just for an oil change that that takes 20 minutes at Jiffy Lube.  Don't you think you will pay for that loaner in some way.  They have you right where they want you.  

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
You pick one race to prove your point?  I'm pretty sure we're talking about engineertin sports cars on the street as well.  A lot of different factors go into racing.  Fact is the BMW M cars are the benchmark for their class, and have been for years.  Until you've owned one I'm not sure how you can comment on the engineering.  They put any American sports car I've driven to shame.  The new DCT is simply amazing.  Looks, performance, luxury.  You won't find it in any American sports car.  There is a reason why Ford is trying to make their Mustangs resemble a BMW M4 now.  They're doing a shitty job of it by the way.  Every other car manufacturer is trying to make their cars resemble BMW as well.  Alfa Romeo just came out with the Guilia that is a copy of the BMW M3.  Go drive an M4 and see for yourself.
And BMW seemingly with all their engineering, they screw up their M engines. The S54 was blowing rods, and BMW at first blamed US drivers who had manuals. Then the SMG ones started throwing rods. Then it was another thing. The S65 had rod bearing failures. And now the N55/S55 has crank hub failure.

Also, a lot of people on BMW M forums have cross shopped or seriously looked at the Mustang Shelby GT350, with a bespoked Voodoo V8. That is a plus for people. The head of BMW had already said that there will not be anymore bespoked M engines (like S54, S65, S85, S62). But that they will closely related to or tuned versions of production engines.
The Mustang also is the leading sporty car in Germany, home of BMW.

A lot of people are raving about the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Verde, even BMW M owners. And the engine is basically a Ferrari V8 with two cylinders looped off. Who know about their reliability, though.

Let's not dismiss the American makes---they are making good cars. The Corvette has done well in international racing, and BMW no longer races the M4 in the same category as the 911, Corvette anymore. The M6 is not even that competitive.
Nevertheless, BMW is a good brand and yes the Ms are benchmarks. It has been said that Cadillac is what BMW used to be.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
Mid engined 911RSR was leading in GTLM, and screwed up in the pits. Corvette came in and snatched the win. With Ford in 2nd, Ferrari in 3rd. And Ferrari and Ford had been battling.
LMPDi and overall went to Cadillac.

Lots of placings exchange for most of the race, especially the earlier and middle portions, but for the last almost two hours Corvette kept it's first place, and for most of the race the Germans were not in the top 3. One of the 911s was running hard for some portions yes, however pit timing and strategy is a huge part of the race (re: your comment that it "messed up in the pits.  One of the two Corvettes was out early due to mechanical failure  (also part of the race), the #3 C7R team won overall last season so when they were out it was pretty astonishing that the #4 C7R (usually the underdog between the two) still won first!  Antonio drove insane in those last 3 hours, passing one Porsche, Ferrari and 3 Ford GTs!

"Overall" win is meaningless since it just goes to the faster Prototype class - which still top 3 were Cadillacs (American)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
U pick out one race to prove your point?  ::)

Stick to your "budget car" corvette  ;D

lol was just a funny example and in real time so I took advantage of it.

Obviously a 150k porsche must be more luxurious than a 80k Corvette, especially when they perform similar or when the P car even performs worse. 

If you're argument is about luxury sure I can understand that, it's just the blanket "but this car has German engineering!" that I laugh at and interestingly none of the Porsche/BMW/Mercedes owners I know have used this phrase, partly why I called it a fanboy phrase

bigbobs

• Getbig V
Unfortunately for all marketing departments, there is no relationship whatsover between modern race cars and autos you can buy in showrooms....

Dito for racing results, they don't influence real car sales.
New car models and quality actually do

Racing is a complete waste of money
During the last global economic crises car manufacturers suddenly realised this and cut back race budgets enormously

Several criteria of the GTLM cars are required to be based on production models, and it gets fans together and builds brand loyalty too, I'm sure these manufacturers know what's a worthwhile investment for their brand better than a random get bigger knows lol

bigbobs

• Getbig V

We all have different personal preferences when it comes to looks, but performance is more black.and white and you can't argue numbers.  Personally I don't feel I'm driving a "sports car" when I tried an M4 nor does the exterior styling scream so - roofline and seating position are a bit too high for my liking plus it's hard to have a sports car look when there's a back seat.

More of a sporty luxury coupe I'd say.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
Several criteria of the GTLM cars are required to be based on production models, and it gets fans together and builds brand loyalty too, I'm sure these manufacturers know what's a worthwhile investment for their brand better than a random get bigger knows lol

You seem to think the "big three" were and are run by competent people?  hahahahahaha

bigbobs

• Getbig V
You seem to think the "big three" were and are run by competent people?  hahahahahaha

Maybe you should be their marketing director since you're apparently more competent lol

bigbobs

• Getbig V
I'd love to see the heap of shit you drive...My guess is you've never driven one, much less have the means to buy one... 

lol you come across as a stereotypical chest-thumping bmw owner "I bet you can't afford my car!" which makes a douchey rep for the brand despite many down to earth bmw guys

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV

Solutions to problems that never existed.

Remember in the first year iDrive 7 series when reverse was only able to be activated through iDrive?

What in all that is holy was up with that?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
No love for the upcoming Buick Avista?

What about the Buick Avenir?

Say what you want, but they build a High Quality car.
[/b]

Not since the 80s. Thanks for playing.
A

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
You're simply ignorant.  I'd love to see the heap of shit you drive.  You need an oil. Hangs with a BMW, you take the car in, drop it off, they give you a loaner for the day.  My guess is you've never driven one, much less have the means to buy one.  BMW sales are higher than they've ever been, so not too shabby for such pieces of shit. 
Yeah, I am starting to think he is just trolling now.
A