Author Topic: US Cars are about to be Great Again! (Trump lowering fuel economy rules/regs)  (Read 16337 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
THIS is what made all cars look the same.  FINALLY we can make some cool shit again as these moronic MPG standards are relaxed along with other safety bullshit.

youandme

• Getbig V
I saw he was going to look over changing the criteria if he does go through with it - it'll be interesting to see what the car manufacturers do. Remember though the hummer h2 bankrupt GM and the excursion was a no-go for Ford.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
And making US cars heavier than pigs. My damn Challenger weighs as much as a damned truck.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
The fuel mileage rules got progressively tougher.  Glad he got rid of them.  We would all be driving tiny 100 horse power cars in a decade. If you want to drive a 500 horse power care more power to you.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
What a stupid thread. There are so many phenomenal cars on the market now. Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Porsche, all put out great products. CAFE has nothing to do with the US making shit cars.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
What a stupid thread. There are so many phenomenal cars on the market now. Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Porsche, all put out great products. CAFE has nothing to do with the US making shit cars.
You lease an Audi that is worthless that you will NEVER own.  Shut your moronic pie hole up. BMW`s are all garbages by the way.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s

Actually those German makes u mentioned make great cars still but all have reverted to turbos and no more big motor naturally aspirated motors like they used to build, like the v10 M5, v8 M3, 6.2 Mercedes, v8 and v10 audis, and all the boxsters and cayman Porsches are all 4 cylinder turbos, etc...

From a enthusiast stand point, cars were better back then, but from a technology side it's better now obviously

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Actually those German makes u mentioned make great cars still but all have reverted to turbos and no more big motor naturally aspirated motors like they used to build, like the v10 M5, v8 M3, 6.2 Mercedes, v8 and v10 audis, and all the boxsters and cayman Porsches are all 4 cylinder turbos, etc...

From a enthusiast stand point, cars were better back then, but from a technology side it's better now obviously
No shit.  They have taken the fun out of all cars.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
You lease an Audi that is worthless that you will NEVER own.  Shut your moronic pie hole up. BMW`s are all garbages by the way.

I'd rather lease my daily driver and get something new every couple of years. Some cars are worth owning but they are few and far between. You wouldn't know which ones.

BMWs are all garbage? Who is the moron?

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their

These cars are quicker, handle better, ride better and safer.

Bevo

• Getbig V
These cars are quicker, handle better, ride better and safer.

I understand that and I did state that about technology and modern cars

But car enthusiasts understand the older cars are better for driving, feel, sound, regardless of emissions, gas mileage, safety, etc

Reason why car guys love older 60's muscle cars, or euro cars like Ferrari f40, 50 and so on

Core

• Getbig III
Anyone saying an all motor car is the only way to have fun hasn't driven a properly sorted turbo car with comparable power. I embrace the new turbo car era we are seeing. Forced induction is the only way to make big power and make it daily drivable.

for example. Start at 13:30 [ Invalid YouTube link ]

That car has a totally stock motor. Just a single turbo kit, and upgraded fueling and tune. No cams, no forged pistons or rods, nothing internal done. Straight up bolt on stuff. For 15k or less, the 335i is the best car for your money if you want power. Throw another 10-12k at it and you can be making this level of power and be destroying any mercedes AMG, audi rs or bmw m car on the street, plus making everything american look slow hellcat included. And you can daily it.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
I understand that and appreciate all the cars you mention.

However, if the idiot who started this thread thinks that rolling back CAFE and other regulations is somehow going to help the American auto industry he is stupider than he looks.

bgm

• Getbig II
Turbo LAG sucks, and has completely ruined the car industry by standardizing on 4 cylinder turbo's in an effort to appease European regulations.

I have a supercharged v6 and it delivers power both instantly and smoothly.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
European influence on American Cars from the 90s to the 2000s has been shit and ruined US cars.

Core

• Getbig III
I understand that and I did state that about technology and modern cars

But car enthusiasts understand the older cars are better for driving, feel, sound, regardless of emissions, gas mileage, safety, etc

Reason why car guys love older 60's muscle cars, or euro cars like Ferrari f40, 50 and so on

Totally untrue, you must be wildly out of touch with the car scene at the moment. Only people turning up to car shows and meets these days with the old school 'classics' are old guys. Those classics are way out of reach for most enthusiasts price wise, and honestly they aren't better than what is available today. They have large inefficient motors with terrible hp:displacement ratios, ancient suspension systems and weigh as much as a yacht. The day of the big block muscle car being the best is long gone except in drag racing.

Classic Ferrari? You're looking at millions which 99% don't have. Laughable to think a car enthusiast these days gives a shit about something they can't realistically ever own.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Nice car ... for a guy.
You will NEVER have a car as good as the 1959 Cadillac Coupe De Ville I owned.  Never.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Totally untrue, you must be wildly out of touch with the car scene at the moment. Only people turning up to car shows and meets these days with the old school 'classics' are old guys. Those classics are way out of reach for most enthusiasts price wise, and honestly they aren't better than what is available today. They have large inefficient motors with terrible hp:displacement ratios, ancient suspension systems and weigh as much as a yacht. The day of the big block muscle car being the best is long gone except in drag racing.

Classic Ferrari? You're looking at millions which 99% don't have. Laughable to think a car enthusiast these days gives a shit about something they can't realistically ever own.

::)

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
Whenever I see a shit True Adonis thread, which is all of them, I wish that The Man in the High Castle was non-fiction.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Whenever I see a shit True Adonis thread, which is all of them, I wish that The Man in the High Castle was non-fiction.
You are the anti-American loser driving a leased Audi.  Maybe you oughta point the figure at yourself.

Core

• Getbig III
::)

That's about the only thing it's good for though, smoking the tires. There are cars making twice the power this thing does and with none of the smoke show.

I do like the TA though, my favorite when I was a kid.

Bevo

• Getbig V
Anyone saying an all motor car is the only way to have fun hasn't driven a properly sorted turbo car with comparable power. I embrace the new turbo car era we are seeing. Forced induction is the only way to make big power and make it daily drivable.

for example. Start at 13:30 [ Invalid YouTube link ]

That car has a totally stock motor. Just a single turbo kit, and upgraded fueling and tune. No cams, no forged pistons or rods, nothing internal done. Straight up bolt on stuff. For 15k or less, the 335i is the best car for your money if you want power. Throw another 10-12k at it and you can be making this level of power and be destroying any mercedes AMG, audi rs or bmw m car on the street, plus making everything american look slow hellcat included. And you can daily it.

Ask anyone on a BMW forum or any serious track guys ask which  they rather have? A 335i or an m3?

U can make anything fast, that's not that point... u are like any other guy who says "if I spend this amount I can beat or destroy this car, blah blah blah" no one gives a shit  ::)

BMW isn't the way to go if u care straight about speed, pick a Japanese import or an American, still cheaper

I'll still take a Porsche gt3 rs, m3, rs4, z06, etc...

Real driving enthusiasts prefer naturally aspirated high revving motors, if u don't get it u just don't understand

Bevo

• Getbig V

Nope, lots more.... why guys still prefer s2000's, nsx's, integra gsr/type r, e36/46/90 m3's, c63 Mercedes....

Never said anything bad about turbo cars if u are looking to make easy power, I just said a lot of enthusiasts who like driving, sound, feel, prefer NA motors

Again old cars like Supras, gtrs, rx7's, 300's, evos, are still preferred over newer cars

Yes Classic cars are more sought after hence how much they cost, so u proved my point, that people do want them over modern cars cause they are heavier, too much driving aids, artificial, etc...

Why u think Porsche just made the new gt3 offering a manual transmission again?  Cause every manufacturers are using autos or duel clutch autos