Author Topic: US Cars are about to be Great Again! (Trump lowering fuel economy rules/regs)  (Read 16336 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
The majority of time spent driving is on regular roads.  Who cares how fast you can get to the grocery store and back?  High horsepower great.  Low Horsepower great.  Good handling great.  Bad handling great.

Who cares.  I like cars each individually.  I would take a 1937 Cord before any current BMW made today.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
The majority of time spent driving is on regular roads.  Who cares how fast you can get to the grocery store and back?  High horsepower great.  Low Horsepower great.  Good handling great.  Bad handling great.

Who cares.  I like cars each individually.  I would take a 1937 Cord before any current BMW made today.

U are correct

I do track my cars, for me, it's about balance, handling, I don't care about people's obsession about making big hp for stop light racing, boring to me

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
You lease an Audi that is worthless that you will NEVER own.  Shut your moronic pie hole up. BMW`s are all garbages by the way.

I own a BMW M4.  You ever driven one?  Clearly not, or you wouldn't be making that comment.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
I own a BMW M4.  You ever driven one?  Clearly not, or you wouldn't be making that comment.

M4 👍🏻  Great car.

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
Turbo LAG sucks, and has completely ruined the car industry by standardizing on 4 cylinder turbo's in an effort to appease European regulations.

I have a supercharged v6 and it delivers power both instantly and smoothly.

There is hardly any turbo lag on the M4 I own.  I would take this car over any car I have driven.  Driven an 800 hp mustang cobra and like the way the M4 delivers power much more than that car.  I'd never own an American car again.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
There is hardly any turbo lag on the M4 I own.  I would take this car over any car I have driven.  Driven an 800 hp mustang cobra and like the way the M4 delivers power much more than that car.  I'd never own an American car again.
Power for power Na>turbo. That is just facts.
A

Core

• Getbig III
Power for power Na>turbo. That is just facts.

Opinion. It's all about power delivery. Honestly, most people I've talked to and I mean the vast majority say that turbo is much more fun.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Sure have and it sucked.  Was an M3.  Boring looks, decent power, boring driving experience.

I did once drive a 1988 320is around for a month and I loved it!  MUCH BETTER than todays run of the mill garbage that BMW puts out.

BMW is dead.  I laugh when I see blacks tooling around in a 5 year old 7 series that cost 120,000 new that they paid 9000 dollars.

Great cars.  ::)

Dipadidu

• Getbig IV
  • any problems? work out!
THIS is what made all cars look the same.  FINALLY we can make some cool shit again as these moronic MPG standards are relaxed along with other safety bullshit.

What all cars made look the same are mostly safety regulations. Trump is an idiot if he thinks that lower economy rules makes us cars great again. American cars just don't sell well in the rest of the world and if there fuel consumption etc. will even get worse ... they're dead.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
What all cars made look the same are mostly safety regulations. Trump is an idiot if he thinks that lower economy rules makes us cars great again. American cars just don't sell well in the rest of the world and if there fuel consumption etc. will even get worse ... they're dead.
Who gives a shit about other countries?  I don't.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
THIS is what made all cars look the same.  FINALLY we can make some cool shit again as these moronic MPG standards are relaxed along with other safety bullshit.

THIS has made me so, so happy and just all around optimistic.  ;D

LOVE this news.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Totally untrue, you must be wildly out of touch with the car scene at the moment. Only people turning up to car shows and meets these days with the old school 'classics' are old guys. Those classics are way out of reach for most enthusiasts price wise, and honestly they aren't better than what is available today. They have large inefficient motors with terrible hp:displacement ratios, ancient suspension systems and weigh as much as a yacht. The day of the big block muscle car being the best is long gone except in drag racing.

Classic Ferrari? You're looking at millions which 99% don't have. Laughable to think a car enthusiast these days gives a shit about something they can't realistically ever own.

You suck and are a loser. Pond scum.

Core

• Getbig III
You suck and are a loser. Pond scum.

Insults instead of a rational argument I smell a liberal.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
I want the new Smokey and the Bandit,Burt Reynolds Trans Am!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Opinion. It's all about power delivery. Honestly, most people I've talked to and I mean the vast majority say that turbo is much more fun.
turbo lag and tuning issues and top heavy power curves. If both make the same power NA is best.
A

10pints

• Getbig IV
You are the anti-American loser driving a leased Audi.  Maybe you oughta point the figure at yourself.

TA, please, enlighten me, this saying: anti-american, it seems to lack any conclusive meaning, other than a catch all for justifying a position without going to the effort of formulating a reasoned response, the refuge of simpletons.

So, why do you, an educated man, opt for the use of such a saying?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
bring back 80's chevy trucks
A

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
TA, please, enlighten me, this saying: anti-american, it seems to lack any conclusive meaning, other than a catch all for justifying a position without going to the effort of formulating a reasoned response, the refuge of simpletons.

Maybe he does because someone needs to, and too few do.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their

What gives you the impression he's educated? NC has at least 2 quality schools of higher education, Duke and UNC/Chapel Hill, neither of which he graduated from.

Lifetime unemployment and internet trolling does not require much in the way of education. 

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Can't Wait

My new Trump Daily Driver

Skeeter

The coal rolling retards will be happy about this.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV

Core

• Getbig III
turbo lag and tuning issues and top heavy power curves. If both make the same power NA is best.

that was true 15-20 years ago yeah, but not anymore

Tuning issues are nonexistent nowadays, there are a multitude of shops in every decently populated area in north america that deal with forced induction tuning. Or you can learn to do it yourself. They even have self tuning ECU's for many new model cars that will auto correct fuel and ignition tables to suit driving conditions. Any joe blow can tune his own car decently now a days with the wealth of information provided by the internet.

Anyone who says lag is an issue doesn't get that that's part of the fun of a turbo car. Its all in how you want the power to be delivered. Turbos provide a violent punch in the back when you need the power, and drive normally around town when you don't need to go fast. The power potential of turbos is far more than all motor. 2.0l motors making 1200whp are a reality these days; on pump fuels.

And a supercharger on your v6 is still forced induction, like a turbo. The air is just compressed with a different device. I'm definitely a fan of blowers, especially the centrifugal ones.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
Probably should start a new thread about this, but....

Which of these famous vintage American cars would be best to own nowadays as a weekend cruise type thing.  Sure it's been asked a million times before, but I'm wondering what GetBiggers would go for.  Since everyone is a millionaire, money is no object.  And would you go full tragic-h0mo and take it in customized form?

78 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am from Smokey and the Bandit
77 Ferrari 308 GTS from Magnum P.I.
Sonny Crockett’s 1986 white Ferrari Testarossa in Miami Vice
75 Gran Torino from  Starsky & Hutch
82 Pontiac Trans Am from Knight Rider
69 Dodge Charger from the Dukes of Hazzard
82 DeLorean DMC-12 from Back to the Future
T

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
that was true 15-20 years ago yeah, but not anymore

Tuning issues are nonexistent nowadays, there are a multitude of shops in every decently populated area in north america that deal with forced induction tuning. Or you can learn to do it yourself. They even have self tuning ECU's for many new model cars that will auto correct fuel and ignition tables to suit driving conditions. Any joe blow can tune his own car decently now a days with the wealth of information provided by the internet.

Anyone who says lag is an issue doesn't get that that's part of the fun of a turbo car. Its all in how you want the power to be delivered. Turbos provide a violent punch in the back when you need the power, and drive normally around town when you don't need to go fast. The power potential of turbos is far more than all motor. 2.0l motors making 1200whp are a reality these days; on pump fuels.

And a supercharger on your v6 is still forced induction, like a turbo. The air is just compressed with a different device. I'm definitely a fan of blowers, especially the centrifugal ones.

I would rather have a 1960 Impala then have to worry about turbos or not having turbos or how the car handles or any of that nonsense.   :D

Funny how a 1960 Impala just makes all that stuff irrelevant.