Author Topic: Retard in Chief  (Read 1283 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Retard in Chief
« on: March 18, 2017, 04:05:32 PM »
Our Retard in Chief decided this morning to remind the world that he has no idea how NATO works

On Saturday Ivo Daalder, who was permanent representative to Nato from 2009 to 2013, respond to Trump in a series of Tweets.

“Sorry, Mr President, that’s not how Nato works,” he wrote. “The US decides for itself how much it contributes to defending Nato. This is not a financial transaction, where Nato countries pay the US to defend them. It is part of our treaty commitment.

“All Nato countries, including Germany, have committed to spend 2% of GDP on defense by 2024. So far five of 28 Nato countries do. Those who currently don’t spend 2% of their GDP on defense are now increasing their defense budgets. That’s a good thing.

“But no funds will be paid to the US. They are meant to increase Nato’s overall defense capabilities, given the growing Russian threat. Europe must spend more on defense, but not as favor (or payment) to the US. But because their security requires it.”

Daalder added that the “large military commitment” of the US to Nato was “not a favor to Europe” but was “vital for our own security”.

“We fought two world wars in Europe, and one cold war,” he wrote. “Keeping Europe whole, free, and at peace, is vital US interest.”

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
Re: Retard in Chief
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 04:33:50 PM »

I can brief about Nato:

It keeps various European countries dependent on USA and funnels scarce euro-money to American arms makers who have practical monopoly within Nato - due to the dependence equation.
First point not necessarily a bad thing considering the history of places like Germany.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 04:46:42 PM »
I can brief about Nato:

It keeps various European countries dependent on USA and funnels scarce euro-money to American arms makers who have practical monopoly within Nato - due to the dependence equation.
First point not necessarily a bad thing considering the history of places like Germany.

scarce euro-money?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 06:24:33 PM »
Idiots keep calling him out as if he were a "politician" he's a politician by label only, hes by no means your typical politician like you want. He's going to have more a learning curve. You don't get that. It is what it is, deal with it. He won because he wasn't your typical bullshitter....like you want.

In return the left has been inept on the economics and the economy in general and forget about foreign policy. Obama obliterated that.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 08:22:14 PM »
Idiots keep calling him out as if he were a "politician" he's a politician by label only, he by no means your typical politician like you want. He's going to have more a learning curve. You don't get that. It is what is, deal with it. He won because he wasn't your typical bullshitter....like you want.

In return the left has been inept on the economics and the economy in general and forget about foreign policy. Obama obliterated that.

:)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 12:20:05 AM »

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 03:35:41 AM »
scarce euro-money?

Yes, most European countries are living on debt = spending more than they are making.
Germany is an exception for now. But with the amount of muzzies they are letting in, they will be borrowing within a decade too.

Skeeter

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 07:10:42 AM »
I can brief about Nato:

x2 Fuck NATO.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 09:37:54 AM »
Yes, most European countries are living on debt = spending more than they are making.
Germany is an exception for now. But with the amount of muzzies they are letting in, they will be borrowing within a decade too.

so they are just like the US only we spend/waste a shit ton more of our tax payer dollars of defense spending

I'm not aware that NATO funnels money to American arms makers but if you have some links to that I'll take a look at it

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2017, 10:05:49 AM »
so they are just like the US only we spend/waste a shit ton more of our tax payer dollars of defense spending

I'm not aware that NATO funnels money to American arms makers but if you have some links to that I'll take a look at it

Yes. But USA spends so much on military for reasons other than just defense.
As the richest man of China recently said:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/18/chinese-billionaire-jack-ma-says-the-us-wasted-trillions-on-warfare-instead-of-investing-in-infrastructure.html

Regarding funneling money to US arms makers: prime example is the LM F-35 program.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 10:51:24 AM »
Yes. But USA spends so much on military for reasons other than just defense.
As the richest man of China recently said:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/18/chinese-billionaire-jack-ma-says-the-us-wasted-trillions-on-warfare-instead-of-investing-in-infrastructure.html

Regarding funneling money to US arms makers: prime example is the LM F-35 program.

I'm well aware that the US has wasted TRILLIONS on warfare

where is the link to the NATO "funneling scarce euro-money" to the LM F-35 program?

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 11:41:50 AM »
I'm well aware that the US has wasted TRILLIONS on warfare

where is the link to the NATO "funneling scarce euro-money" to the LM F-35 program?

Various Nato-countries from Europe have made commitments to buy F-35. And have shoveled vast amount of money to development too. Without getting anything in return.  

I see flags of UK, Netherlands, Italy, Denmark + Canada, Australia outside of Europe on these demonstrator samples:

For example broke ass Italy who we are funding... this is contribution to development - not installment for PO yet:

In June 2002, Italy became a Level 2 JSF partner by committing to invest $1 billion in the program’s system development and demonstration stage.

http://www.defensenews.com/articles/italys-defense-industry-chief-attacks-f-35-broken-promises

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2017, 11:52:00 AM »
Various Nato-countries from Europe have made commitments to buy F-35. And have shoveled vast amount of money to development too. Without getting anything in return.  

I see flags of UK, Netherlands, Italy, Denmark + Canada, Australia outside of Europe on these demonstrator samples:

For example broke ass Italy who we are funding... this is contribution to development - not installment for PO yet:

In June 2002, Italy became a Level 2 JSF partner by committing to invest $1 billion in the program’s system development and demonstration stage.

no mention of NATO funneling money in this article

http://www.defensenews.com/articles/italys-defense-industry-chief-attacks-f-35-broken-promises

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2017, 12:01:07 PM »
It would be nice if POTUS could have someone explain to him how things like our government and NATO (among many other things) works before he tweets and makes a jackass of himself