Author Topic: Clen and no cardio  (Read 2440 times)

herraisland

• Getbig III
Clen and no cardio
« on: March 20, 2017, 11:56:35 AM »
How has that worked on you ? I hurt žy knee yesterday
 Dont see myself doing legs nor cardio for 3 weeks or so

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Re: Clen and no cardio
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 12:24:06 PM »
Still works... Just not as well, obviously.

ChestRockwell

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 02:23:48 PM »
They are two very different and largely unrelated items.

Clenbuterol is a β2 adrenergic receptor agonist which directly targets receptors and increases lipolysis rates in a dose dependent manner.  Structured cardio is a way to increase expenditure rates, albeit to a small degree.

The compounds who have an additive lipolytic effect in the presence of fasted cardiovascular activities include growth hormone and yohimbine HCL.  Clenbuterol does not necessarily fit into this camp...

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 01:37:19 AM »
3 weeks is not that long, just let your knee recover. If i was you i would take stuff to speed up the recovery rate not clen or whatever.
Something like HGH would be ideal.

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 06:11:01 AM »
Stay away from clen.  It's effects are minimal, and it stimulates the beta receptors in your heart.  It's not good for your heart.  Diet, T3/T4 combo, test, and GH is all you need to get lean. 

ChestRockwell

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 12:05:18 PM »
Stay away from clen.  It's effects are minimal, and it stimulates the beta receptors in your heart.  It's not good for your heart.  Diet, T3/T4 combo, test, and GH is all you need to get lean. 

I'm sorry but this post is teetering on fear mongering combined with irony and inaccuracy.

First of all, clenbuterol is heavily studied and there is no evidence whatsoever directly linking it to heart problems.  In fact, if you review case studies of those who accidentally (or purposefully) overdosed on clenbuterol and wind up in the ER, it is often doses in the grams.  Yes grams, not the micrograms that bodybuilders take...

A lot of this fear mongering tends to come from animal (rodent) studies [1]...but again, we are taking about rodents taking the equivalent of grams/day so not really something that can be translated to our realities.

The inaccuracy stems from the fact that clenbuterol is VERY potent at stimulating lipolysis, particularly when combined with compounds that sensitize the β2 pathway to agonists (think thyroid, GH, and to a lesser degree AAS).

Now, the irony is that you advise not using clenbuterol because it is "not good for your heart" but then proceed to recommend exogenous thyroid, growth hormone, and supraphysiological testosterone?  All three of these have more concrete links to effects on the heart than clenbuterol does...

1. Burniston JG, Ng Y, Clark WA, Colyer J, Tan LB, Goldspink DF. Myotoxic effects of clenbuterol in the rat heart and soleus muscle. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2002 Nov;93(5):1824-32.