Author Topic: almost killed a guy at the gym  (Read 3806 times)

judochoke

• Getbig III
almost killed a guy at the gym
« on: March 20, 2017, 03:22:50 PM »
so I go into my Tuesday chest workout with my training partner feeling great. had a number to do for him and i to do on the incline bench for the day in mind. so we both started to warm up on the incline press with 135. ( the last two chest workouts him and I did
were two of the best chest workouts we have ever had, so I was looking for a great third workout in a row) after my first warm up set, something didn't feel right. so I did another set, and after my third set with 135, I told the kid that I was not feeling it today. but he talked me in
continuing, so we went up in weight. by now, I knew that no way could I hit the number in mind. so I told the kid today is not my day kid, and should have went home right then. but no, we kept going like a fools.

so now we have two 45s on each side, and I'm freaking sweating like a pig, feel like shit, should be at the bar drinking a beer. but no, I'm still benching like a fool.

so I do my final set with 225, and after my 6 nasty reps, I go to rack the bar, but I rack the right side of the bar, and I missed the left tab by about 1 inch. so now the right side is racked, but the left side is not. so my left arm drops down from lactic acid, the bar dips to the left,
and both rubber 45s go flying off the bar. both 45s hit the ground from about 5 feet in the air, go bouncing right toward a kid who was standing nearby. I scream, my training partner screams, the kid screams, and dodges both 45s. it was in slow motion. I got very lucky that
both plates didn't hit the kid.

moral of this sad story. when things don't feel right or good, go home and come back another day. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: almost killed a guy at the gym
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 03:33:09 PM »
Always listen to your body`s feedback brother.  ;)

bgm

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 03:37:20 PM »
Your too weak to be drinking beer.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 03:38:51 PM »
WELCOME TO THE THUNDERDOME............. .FUCKFACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 03:53:33 PM »
Should of just went light and did a bunch of supersets or jump on a treadmill behind a hot girl with a nice ass and do some cardio for an hour, that's what I do when Im not "feeling" it 8)

judochoke

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 04:38:04 PM »
I would normally lighten the weight or do supersets for sure if things didn't feel right.
And normally 225 is very light for me. So yes, I did lighten the load😩😩

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 01:19:36 AM »
so I go into my Tuesday chest workout with my training partner feeling great. had a number to do for him and i to do on the incline bench for the day in mind. so we both started to warm up on the incline press with 135. ( the last two chest workouts him and I did
were two of the best chest workouts we have ever had, so I was looking for a great third workout in a row) after my first warm up set, something didn't feel right. so I did another set, and after my third set with 135, I told the kid that I was not feeling it today. but he talked me in
continuing, so we went up in weight. by now, I knew that no way could I hit the number in mind. so I told the kid today is not my day kid, and should have went home right then. but no, we kept going like a fools.

so now we have two 45s on each side, and I'm freaking sweating like a pig, feel like shit, should be at the bar drinking a beer. but no, I'm still benching like a fool.

so I do my final set with 225, and after my 6 nasty reps, I go to rack the bar, but I rack the right side of the bar, and I missed the left tab by about 1 inch. so now the right side is racked, but the left side is not. so my left arm drops down from lactic acid, the bar dips to the left,
and both rubber 45s go flying off the bar. both 45s hit the ground from about 5 feet in the air, go bouncing right toward a kid who was standing nearby. I scream, my training partner screams, the kid screams, and dodges both 45s. it was in slow motion. I got very lucky that
both plates didn't hit the kid.

moral of this sad story. when things don't feel right or good, go home and come back another day. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You should use only training partners who are able to work as a spotter. A. You get better workout B. it be safer for incompetent lifters like yourself  ;D

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 01:32:36 AM »
didnt read

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 01:52:13 AM »
how about moral of the story being use collars?

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 10:13:25 AM »
didnt read

lame ass story. I did read it!

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 10:19:56 AM »

You're supposed to.
After all, when you go to gym you are at war.

Hack Benchers

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 01:19:22 PM »
You're supposed to.

X2 got to be ready to die!!!!!!!

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 01:20:55 PM »
You're supposed to.

Apocalyptic warfare In the trenches for sure.

But as an Iron Warrior, you know the warfare is just a means to get the reward, a wonderful evening later on at the Mirage Hotel.
Q

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 03:16:21 PM »
I was squatting 315 at my friend's gym. Didn't know he oiled up the ends of the barbell to prevent rust. First couple of reps went good then one side of the bar all the plates slide off. Then the other side. Sounded like a bomb went off. I was sure I broke every bone in my body but as I slowly started moving my limbs I realized there wasn't a scratch on my body.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 03:48:28 PM »
Instead of worrying about the weight you had no mind-muscle connection, right?

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 04:03:17 PM »

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 04:09:54 PM »
Q

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2017, 04:21:09 PM »
I was  asked to spot a dude doing squats in a bunny suit with a drop down flap.
I first thought he was working as an Easter bunny, but it was in the summer.
Hmmmm?

And then you woke up and realized that Tbombz slipped into your head?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2017, 07:46:36 PM »

You're*

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2017, 07:47:33 PM »
Should of just went light and did a bunch of supersets or jump on a treadmill behind a hot girl with a nice ass and do some cardio for an hour, that's what I do when Im not "feeling" it 8)

Should have*

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2017, 09:36:51 PM »
WELCOME TO THE THUNDERDOME............. .FUCKFACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

Don't know how many times you've used this, but it gets me every fucking time.