Author Topic: This thread is for gays only  (Read 21700 times)

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
Re: Matt Canning Tribute-Thread
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2017, 10:39:02 AM »
Update:

Perhaps I won't compete in this contest after all.

Truth be told, I only planned to reduce to 10% body fat for this contest.  Come in somewhere between 160 to 165, with a physique similar to Mark Wahlberg in Fear.  I did not intend to get into bodybuilding contest shape.  Why?  Because I wanted to do this the healthy way.  Bodybuilding has become something that I can't stand, and I just wanted to make a statement by coming into this contest with the everyday health look.

Perhaps that is a bad idea.  After all, this is still a physique/bodybuilding contest, and it's not up to me to dictate that these competitions become healthy again.  More top bodybuilders will die, and hopefully people will start to admire those with healthy physiques, but whatever.  That's what YouTube is for - YouTubers like Scott Herman have healthy everyday physiques, and are strong for their size - presumably on little to no steroids.

Anyway, yeah - some of you guys have talked me out of this.  :P

What I could do instead is just do a mini-cut, and post the progress here.  I am confident that I could look good, and have a decent strongman season this year.  Guaranteed, if I compete in the intermediate open weight contests this summer, I will be the lightest guy by far - competing at 165, where the average competitor weight is 240.

I will stick with my strengths in the physique world - and that is strength training, with respect to my body weight.

Maybe it's for the best - did you see this guy died for us bitches recently?  30 years old man... This is the first death I've seen where the guy was young enough to be my son!    :(

T

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2017, 10:39:45 AM »
Michael Kochikowski looked like a better looking, more streamlined Jay Cutler!
Q

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2017, 12:09:50 PM »
gay slutler

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2017, 12:35:35 PM »
What happened to the poor lad? Heart attack out of nowhere?!

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2017, 03:16:38 PM »
That's little cousin D. Kay, who in life sported the tat "Ergo sum qui sum" on his chest.
Now changed to: Ergo, sum mortuus.  :-[

Cineri gloria sera venit  :'(
T

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2017, 03:17:58 PM »
What happened to the poor lad? Heart attack out of nowhere?!

Something like that...

http://www.facebook.com/TEAMANDROcom/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED
T

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2017, 04:37:24 PM »
Something like that...

http://www.facebook.com/TEAMANDROcom/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

Def not a heavy perma bulkier. Still not getting info on what happened.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2017, 12:30:41 AM »
You say that you were going to do men's physique, but you keep talking about weight classes.  There is no weight classes in men's physique, only height classes; short, medium and tall.

Yes, exactly.  I saw the chart posted here when the rules originally came out.  Then I believe they were changed some time later.

But being in a class of one mean that, well...I would be guaranteed a spot to provincials.  Not that it was a guarantee that I would be the only competitor showing up in that division.  But last year, only one competitor showed up in Classic Physique.

Matt you seem like a smart dude but you were never doing this show.

You compete in strongman events that are far more dangerous, with many injured competitors yet dieting for a show makes you fear for your health?

Some anonymous posters have talked you out of this show but common sense/reality hasn't prevented you from entering a strongman contest?

Are your strongman contests non sanctioned events? Why would a light weight compete with light heavy's  or heavy weights? 231 is the cutoff for light heavy in NAS events, what do they do in Canada all open classes?

And where do you get the average weight of a competitor, do you do the math yourself?

Please stop with the bs dude.

Thunder Bay's Strongest Man is not sanctioned.  Motors & Muscles is not sanctioned either.  Nor is the far heavier "Thunder Bay Classic", whose inaugural rendition was only in 2016!  That being said, promoters tend to be friends with one another and work closely with one another.  For instance, Canada's 6x Strongest Man Jean-Francois Caron won the inaugural Thunder Bay Classic last year!  here is his athlete's reel, which I had the privilege of putting together:

I'm happy to report that my video shows up first under a search for JFC's name, even before his world record tire flip at the Arnold Classic last year, as part of their Rogue Record Breakers series:

I am also happy to report that I was one of the top sponsors of the contest this year, and was the sponsor of the trophies!  That is in addition to my media role.  I'm very proud of that role - photos attached.  Frankly, I like the 2nd place trophy best - the 1st place trophy was a nice piece of hardware, but a little too cumbersome for my tastes.

I have a little mini-trophy mantle myself, for weight class wins and podium finishes.  My most recent being 3rd place at the deadlift contest last October 30.

There are weight classes in the sanctioned events, and Thunder Bay's Strongest Man typically has over and under 200-lb categories.  My best placing was 2nd in the <200-lb category in 2011, the inaugural contest of that name.  They had never had a TBSM prior to that.  Dan Skaarup beat me - his brother Luke was Ontario's Strongest Man in 2012 and again in 2014, and he placed at nationals several times.  I believe his highest placing at CSM was 6th.

Motors & Muscles last year was an intermediate level contest - which makes it heavier than the <200-lb TBSM events, but not as heavy as Ontario's Strongest Man.  For example, in TBSM, the lightweights flipped the 750-lb tire for max flips in 60 seconds.  At Motors & Muscles, we flipped the 950-lb tire in the same time frame.  I am pleased to report I got a flip - and had it not been for my darn shoes, I would have gotten a second flip, which would have tied me with Jeffrey Nason, who placed 2nd in the men's middleweight in the CAASA Nationals last year.

As you can probably tell, local strongman is near and dear to my heart, but it doesn't require heavy cutting, or any health risks in that sense.  The risks are injuries.

As to the body weights of the other competitors - yes, I calculated them myself.  ;D

The other guys combined averaged 243-lb.  I was just south of 170 at that contest.  I think 169.0 the morning of the contest.  I love the feeling of going into a heavy contest and getting the heavy implements for just one rep.  ;D  Even a 300-lb Atlas Stone over a 44" bar for one rep.  Why?  Because even one rep shows the crowd what your strength level is.  Zero reps does not show that.  But one rep gives everyone an idea of where you stand, which is cool.  :)

I assure you - I had the intention of competing in this local physique contest - which is sanctioned by the OPA and includes the order of 87 trophies to qualify for that sanction - but some people in this thread have talked me out of it.

I am still in shape, and cutting by the day.  Is it worth the $250 in fees + ordering a glittery thong, etc?  :-\

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2017, 05:48:41 AM »

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2017, 06:43:48 AM »
A young bodybuilder dies at 30, if not just under, and we are poking fun?  ???

:-X

The extreme cutting is bound to result in someone dying.

As for me - I will continue on with the weight cut.  Will I compete in the contest?  We shall see - but probably not.  Why spend $250 + track down a purple glitter thong, when I can just post progress pictures in this thread + on Facebook?  I can achieve the same result without stepping on stage, and do it at my own pace.

My biceps look fairly symmetrical here.  I mean that in terms of left/right side symmetry:

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2017, 07:08:27 AM »
i would be willing to bet he went overboard with lasix on no fluids

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
Re: Overboard with Lasix on no gender-fluids
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2017, 08:05:34 AM »
you look like emilio estevez

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2017, 08:33:00 AM »

With better delts
Q

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2017, 08:36:53 AM »
i would be willing to bet he went overboard with lasix on no fluids

When did bodybuilding become body-destroying?  Probably prior to 1970, when you think about it.

With better delts

Thank you very much for that nice compliment!!!  I have also heard JASON BIGGS - many times.

I'm reminded of this line from THE BREAKFAST CLUB:

"Um, I'm here today...because uh, because my coach and my father don't want me to blow my ride.  See I get treated differently because uh, Coach thinks I'm a winner.  So does my old man.  I'm not a winner because I wanna be one...I'm a winner because I got strength and speed.  Kinda like a race horse.  That's about how involved I am in what's happening to me."

http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/breakfast_club.html

Here are the Classic Physique weight guidelines.  For 5'8 to 5'9, I can be up to 195:

http://www.ifbbpro.com/wp-content/uploads/image/2015/CompetitionRules_ClassicPhysique.pdf

Last year, only one competitor entered the Classic Physique.  That is how he qualified for provincials.  They show probably grew this year, but I know of no one who is entering Classic Physique - but for all I know, there could be a handful.

Apparently the tan is provided at the venue.

I just need the glitter banana hammock.

Should I enter this contest?  Given that I am in shep, not not crazy good shape?

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2017, 09:25:39 AM »
The real question, Matt, is; now that you're not entering the competition anymore, realizing you're delusional, will you still be fit be fit be fit be fit be fit be fit be fit be fit be fit be fit be fit be fit be fit be fit be fit be fit be fit?

::)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2017, 09:41:10 AM »
With better delts
Emilio deltstevez

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2017, 09:42:53 AM »
Emilio deltstevez

That's just great Flex!

NUTZ! :D
Q

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2017, 10:03:29 AM »
smatt

you arms look ok from the front but god awful from the rear

how about giving us a side arms shot chief?

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2017, 10:20:46 AM »

Apparently the tan is provided at the venue.

I just need the glitter banana hammock.

Should I enter this contest?  Given that I am in shep, not not crazy good shape?

You look in decen shep to me Mat, not not crazy shep.  ;D

And glitter isn't normally allowed on stage, at least it wasn't back in Victorian times...

I see you more in purple metallic... (yeh creepy sorry)

http://www.ebay.com/cln/hotactivewear4all/hotactivewear4all-mens-bodybuilder-posing-suits-underwear/57204354010

T

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2017, 10:31:22 AM »

With better delts

Definitely a delt win here...   8)

T

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2017, 03:57:04 PM »
smatt

you arms look ok from the front but god awful from the rear

how about giving us a side arms shot chief?

Agreed, good sir!

As for side shots, here are some screen stills that I took from a video:

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2017, 07:20:41 PM »
Agreed, good sir!

As for side shots, here are some screen stills that I took from a video:
u look good in front of jay cutler,not as big but ok...

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2017, 11:08:27 PM »
Thank you very much for that nice compliment!!!  I have also heard JASON BIGGS - many times.

Jake Gyllenhall's Armenian cousin with the flu.  Take a multi, stat.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
Re: Matt Canning VS ESFitness
« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2017, 03:37:55 AM »

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2017, 07:43:52 AM »
u look good in front of jay cutler,not as big but ok...

gay slutler wins by haircut