Author Topic: Tomi Lahren Suspended From The Blaze After Pro-Choice Comments  (Read 1514 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
No independent thought allowed.  It's a shame when partisans of either side try and silence opposing viewpoints.

Tomi Lahren Suspended From The Blaze After Pro-Choice Comments

Tomi Lahren, conservative media personality, political commentator and host of 'Tomi' on TheBlaze TV spotted leaving 'The View' in New York, New York, on March 17, 2017. (Rainmaker Photo/MediaPunch/IPX)

Tomi Lahren has reportedly been suspended from conservative media outlet The Blaze after airing a pro-choice view on abortion on ABC's "The View" on Friday.

Lahren, who is known for her strong conservative views as a political commentator and talk show host, and one of The Blaze's most visible commentators, suggested on "The View" that pro-life politics was an example of government overreach, the New York Post noted.

"I'm someone that is for limited government, so I can't sit here and be a hypocrite and say I'm for limited government, but I think that the government should decide what women do with their bodies," Lahren said on the show. "Stay out of my guns, and you can stay out of my body as well."

Criticism mounted quickly on social media.

The Daily Caller reported that multiple sources confirmed Monday that Lahren was suspended for at least one week for the comments. The Daily Caller went on to say while Lahren's contract with The Blaze lasts until September, she may leave the network earlier.

The Blaze founder Glenn Beck pushed back against Lahren's comments, the New York Post noted.

"I would disagree that you're a hypocrite if you want limited government and yet you want the government to protect life of the unborn," Beck said on his radio show Monday, adding that Lahren's comments wouldn't endanger her job.

Lahren, who hosts "Tomi" on The Blaze TV, has posted messages on Twitter hinting at her suspension

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/tomi-lahren-suspended-the-blaze-pro-choice/2017/03/21/id/779942/

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
Re: Tomi Lahren Suspended From The Blaze After Pro-Choice Comments
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 02:01:29 PM »

Pro-choicers of their times didn't want these children to live either:

Hint: don't start to grow a new human being inside you if you want to do whatever you like with your body.
How far should this be taken?
I would like to remind her that in some cultures wives are considered property of their husbands and hence men can do "whatever they like with their property". But women are human beings too and we normal people don't consider it a right of a man to own women and do "whatever they like with their wives".

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 02:14:25 PM »
Pro-choicers of their times didn't want these children to live either:

About as idiotic a post as we've seen here.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 04:01:10 PM »
No independent thought allowed.  It's a shame when partisans of either side try and silence opposing viewpoints.

Tomi Lahren Suspended From The Blaze After Pro-Choice Comments

Tomi Lahren, conservative media personality, political commentator and host of 'Tomi' on TheBlaze TV spotted leaving 'The View' in New York, New York, on March 17, 2017. (Rainmaker Photo/MediaPunch/IPX)

Tomi Lahren has reportedly been suspended from conservative media outlet The Blaze after airing a pro-choice view on abortion on ABC's "The View" on Friday.

Lahren, who is known for her strong conservative views as a political commentator and talk show host, and one of The Blaze's most visible commentators, suggested on "The View" that pro-life politics was an example of government overreach, the New York Post noted.

"I'm someone that is for limited government, so I can't sit here and be a hypocrite and say I'm for limited government, but I think that the government should decide what women do with their bodies," Lahren said on the show. "Stay out of my guns, and you can stay out of my body as well."

Criticism mounted quickly on social media.

The Daily Caller reported that multiple sources confirmed Monday that Lahren was suspended for at least one week for the comments. The Daily Caller went on to say while Lahren's contract with The Blaze lasts until September, she may leave the network earlier.

The Blaze founder Glenn Beck pushed back against Lahren's comments, the New York Post noted.

"I would disagree that you're a hypocrite if you want limited government and yet you want the government to protect life of the unborn," Beck said on his radio show Monday, adding that Lahren's comments wouldn't endanger her job.

Lahren, who hosts "Tomi" on The Blaze TV, has posted messages on Twitter hinting at her suspension

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/tomi-lahren-suspended-the-blaze-pro-choice/2017/03/21/id/779942/

Ideological consistency

that's pretty damn impressive for a right winger

I wish there were more Republicans like her

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 12:05:02 PM »
really surprised our right wingers on this board aren't supporting this chick

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 12:15:42 PM »
BTW - she's said some horribly stupid and offensive things so our right wingers on this board should be able to find something to like

Also, her pro-choice stance is completely consistent with "limited government" "get the government out of our lives" right wing mantras

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 03:17:19 PM »
Glenn Beck is a POS

a

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 03:45:35 PM »
Glenn Beck is a POS

Damn, what an asshole

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 04:22:19 PM »
Tomi Lahren sues Glenn Beck and The Blaze for wrongful termination
by Frank Pallotta   @frankpallotta
April 7, 2017

Tomi Lahren, the outspoken conservative commentator, is suing her former boss and workplace, Glenn Beck and The Blaze, alleging wrongful termination.

The suit, filed in Texas Friday, alleges that Beck and The Blaze got rid of Lahren and her nightly talk show due to her making pro-choice comments on "The View" last month.

"I can't sit here and be a hypocrite and say I'm for limited government but I think the government should decide what women do with their bodies," she said on the broadcast.

Lahren, who is a vocal supporter of President Donald Trump and arguably one the most notable names at The Blaze other than Beck himself, was suspended -- along with her show -- for a week following those comments.

According to the suit, Lahren then received a call from The Blaze that "her employment was terminated" and "she would have no more shows."

"She is very disappointed that she is having to pursue ligation," Lahren's lawyer, Brian Lauten, told CNN. "The fact of the matter is that she was wrongfully terminated. The contract simply doesn't allow The Blaze to terminate her for expressing her personal opinion on the salient issue of abortion."

Tomi Lahren, the outspoken conservative commentator, is suing her former boss and workplace.

"Lay down and play dead really isn't my style. #FinalThoughts," Lahren herself tweeted after the suit was filed on Friday.

A statement released by The Blaze said, "It is puzzling that an employee who remains under contract (and is still being paid) has sued us for being fired, especially when we continue to comply fully with the terms of our agreement with her."

The suit acknowledges that Lahren is still being paid, but alleges that The Blaze has done so "presumably hoping they could find an exit strategy to sanitize their unlawful conduct under the Employment Contract."

In the lawsuit, Lahren also accuses Beck and The Blaze of a "public smear campaign" against her, "chastising her political views and opinions in a clear attempt to embarrass, humiliate, and undermine [Lahren's] reach to her audience on social media and elsewhere."

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/07/media/tomi-lahren-glenn-beck-the-blaze-lawsuit/

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 07:33:11 PM »
Republican/conservative woman are so much hotter than Democunts.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 08:18:11 AM »
He had every right to fire her and should have but the Facebook thing is petty if true. No fan of Beck.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2017, 09:40:46 AM »
I like her being pro choice and choosing anal sex  :o

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2017, 05:11:49 PM »
Glenn Beck fires back against Tomi Lahren
by Tom Kludt   @tomkludt
April 17, 2017:

A little more than a week after getting sued by perhaps his biggest star, Tomi Lahren, Glenn Beck has filed a counterclaim.

In a document filed Monday in a Texas court, Beck and The Blaze, the multimedia enterprise he founded in 2010, accuses Lahren of mistreating staff and violating the terms of her contract.

Lahren, a smooth-talking conservative pundit who had hosted a nightly talk show on The Blaze since 2015, sued the network and Beck earlier this month alleging wrongful termination, claiming that she was sacked shortly after expressing her pro-choice views during an appearance on "The View."

Following those comments last month, Lahren was pulled off the air and has not appeared on her program since. She claimed in her suit that Beck and The Blaze had orchestrated a "public smear campaign" against her, and that the company had blocked access to her Facebook page.

Related: Tomi Lahren sues Glenn Beck and The Blaze for wrongful termination

In their counterclaim, Beck and the company assert that Lahren has not been fired, saying her "employment agreement with TheBlaze remains in full force and effect" and that "she continues to be employed (and paid) by TheBlaze, and she has access to her social media accounts, as well as a Facebook page TheBlaze created and maintains."

"When TheBlaze informed Lahren that her show was suspended for one week, it also advised her that it would continue to honor her contract (as it has and continues) and would invoke its rights to 'pay or play' (i.e., to pay Lahren but not broadcast her show)," lawyers for Beck and The Blaze argued. ("Pay or play" provisions are not unusual in TV contracts.)

The counterclaim goes on to say that "TheBlaze has had employment issues with Lahren for well over a year," and that as a result of those issues the company had not intended to extend her contract after it expires in September.

Those "issues," according to the claim, included mistreatment of the crew on her show, on-air language that bordered "on profanity," a propensity for conflict with other media personalities at The Blaze and purported ignorance in her analysis.

Related: Tomi Lahren's show pulled for a week after abortion comments

Lahren's comments on "The View" were "simply the latest in a series of events that led TheBlaze management to conclude TheBlaze did not intend to extend her contract beyond the end of its term in September 2017," according to the claim.

When reached for comment on Monday, Lahren said she was en route to a speaking engagement and was not in a position to respond. A spokesperson for The Blaze did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

After the counterclaim was filed on Monday, Lahren said on Twitter that she was taking the news in stride.

Tomi Lahren
✔  ‎@TomiLahren 
I'm gonna take the advice of @Wale and just smile. 😊💯
11:05 AM - 17 Apr 2017

The 24-year-old Lahren enjoyed a meteoric rise over the last year with incendiary commentaries that often went viral. She has close to five million followers on Twitter and Facebook combined, and has cultivated a loyal audience with her combative style.

In a monologue last summer, Lahren likened the Black Lives Matter movement to the Ku Klux Klan.

But Lahren's comments on abortion upset many of her fellow conservatives, including Beck, who suggested that her position on the issue might not be sincere.

The counterclaim makes the same point, saying that "the opinions Lahren expressed reflected a drastic departure from views she had previously expressed."

In December, for example, the filing notes that Lahren referred to those who are pro-choice as "straight-up baby killers."

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/17/media/glenn-beck-counterclaim-tomi-lahren/index.html

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2017, 11:02:30 AM »

But Lahren's comments on abortion upset many of her fellow conservatives, including Beck, who suggested that her position on the issue might not be sincere.

The counterclaim makes the same point, saying that "the opinions Lahren expressed reflected a drastic departure from views she had previously expressed."

In December, for example, the filing notes that Lahren referred to those who are pro-choice as "straight-up baby killers."

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/17/media/glenn-beck-counterclaim-tomi-lahren/index.html
Yep, sounds like an airhead. Probably had her act written out for her. Whatever the case, this is the issue. You can't backtrack like that as soon as you get on a liberal show to be part of the group. Lacks character. Shooting herself in the foot the more that comes out.