Author Topic: Mike Wolfe NERB progress?  (Read 8597 times)

clever_username

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Mike Wolfe NERB progress?
« on: April 04, 2006, 10:18:55 AM »
Wolfe,

How's the more raw-focused training coming now about a month out from the New England Record Breakers? Any update on what you hope to load for your opener?

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
Re: Mike Wolfe NERB progress?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 07:55:37 PM »
Up til today I thought it was going good, just had a real shitty day today. I did to sets of 500 for 5 reps, wanted to do 2 sets of 10 reps but some days it just aint there. I did impress myself though with my inclines, I did 405 for a very easy set of 8. I have never even done over 300 for inclines and today I did 405 for 8 so that did make me happy.My left wrist has a little bit of a tweak in it and is causing some pain and discomfort but nothing I cannot work through. My back is big and strong and so is my rear delts, I have been pushing myself hard to improve my shirted bench in which I hit 830 in contest a week and a half ago. But like i said the raw power is there just need to tap in to more. I plan on opening with 600 and going from there.

clever_username

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 08:29:14 PM »
Glad to see that the shitty days are happening 4 weeks out from the contest and not 4 days.

It is commendable that some of the assisted lifters have decided to give this contest a go - too bad no Vince D.

For an elite, you provide good, forthright posts. I wish you luck.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 10:30:52 PM »
Thanks I'm gonna try my best and see from there :)

Wolfy!!!!

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 08:08:01 AM »
Is there an official list of all of the competitors?

clever_username

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 08:35:46 AM »
March 29 update, from another board:

Full Powerlifting:
Mike Miller, Josh Bryant, Steve Goggins, Beau Moore, Donnie Thompson, Capt. Kirk Karwoski, Travis Mash, Bob Masello, Rich Deleon, Shawn Colbeth, Sam Byrd, Sean Culnan, Glenn “Big Daddy” Ross, Scott Smith, Kuttroff Holger, and Dan Kovacks

Bench Press:
Mike Wolfe, Nick Winters, Jeremy Hoornstra, Mike “Gunny” Green, and Rock Lewis

Deadlift:
Brent “SGT Rock” Howard

Special Guest Lifters:

Teenage Pheonom Eddie Debus will perform the Bench Press and Deadlift.

World record holder Amy Weisberger, will be representing the female Powerlifters in the three lift division.

Be sure to check out www.powerliftingwatch.co m for updates on the Record Breakers and you can also vote for who you think will win.

Odinn

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 08:52:56 PM »
That's going to be a hell of a meet

smallbenchj

• Getbig I
  • one more!
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 10:47:07 AM »
Mike any comments on the video of winters 625 press on powerliftingwatch.com? And is his (Winters) technique considered touch and go? or just sloppy gym form? Good luck mike!

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 12:24:06 AM »
Holy shit! How much does this guy weigh?
http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/video/NickW625X3.MOV
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

SpankyCapone

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • shake till yo calf hurts
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 02:23:05 PM »
March 29 update, from another board:

Full Powerlifting:
Mike Miller, Josh Bryant, Steve Goggins, Beau Moore, Donnie Thompson, Capt. Kirk Karwoski, Travis Mash, Bob Masello, Rich Deleon, Shawn Colbeth, Sam Byrd, Sean Culnan, Glenn “Big Daddy” Ross, Scott Smith, Kuttroff Holger, and Dan Kovacks

Bench Press:
Mike Wolfe, Nick Winters, Jeremy Hoornstra, Mike “Gunny” Green, and Rock Lewis

Deadlift:
Brent “SGT Rock” Howard

Special Guest Lifters:

Teenage Pheonom Eddie Debus will perform the Bench Press and Deadlift.

World record holder Amy Weisberger, will be representing the female Powerlifters in the three lift division.

Be sure to check out www.powerliftingwatch.co m for updates on the Record Breakers and you can also vote for who you think will win.

When is this show?

I must say, thats a fucking good line up and a half, I hope they all turn up, it should be a good do

I hope Glenn Ross' health is up a few notches from the Arnold, he wasnt really in good shape and shouldnt have been there, but anyway...

Any updates Wolfey mate?

With Good Nutrition, ...Good Things Happen!
This posting is © by
Dan Duchaine, 2006
bollocks

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 11:07:48 AM »
Nick is strong as FU_CK, the kid is coming in to take care of business. I have nothing but respect for Nick and look forward to competeing against him. But he has to make it there first HAHAHA!!! You see what you all dont know is Nick and myself both train at Westside Barbell and Nick lives just a hop skip and jump across the Ohio / Indiana border from me so guess who is riding in my car to New England? HaHaHaHa!!!!  I told him I was gonna take a side road thru the backhills of the Appalachains and boot his ass out the car so some IMBREED BACKWOODS TOOTHLESS APPALACHAIN HILLBILLYS can remake the scenes from Deliverance with him!!!!! LOL!!!   

All joking aside Nick is gonna do awesome at this meet, either way for me win or lose it is a WIN for Westside!!!!! But dont count me out I'm bringing my A game and it is gonna be FUN!!!  We getto come out of a tunnel like in Pro Wrestling they are gonna have our own entry music playing and shit I am really looking forward to this. I'm opening smart and then going from there.

Oh and the other thing, Whether I win or Nick wins or whoever does more the winner has to buy the loser a $20 lap dance at the new Titty Bar that just opened in Ft. Wayne Indiana,
cause they will be the one with all the money!!!! So win or lose one of gets tits in our face :)
What better way to cheer a guy up!!!

Wolfy!!!!! 

clever_username

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 12:36:40 PM »
I've seen squat videos get trashed because the suit is so restrictive that it makes parallel difficult to reach, and I've seen bench videos get bashed because of shirted belly-benching or re-racks short of lockout. But it's awfully tough to knock that raw 625x3 video that Nick Winters put up - I wish we'd see more of those....