Author Topic: Gabapentin and Gyno  (Read 2106 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Gabapentin and Gyno
« on: March 23, 2017, 07:29:37 AM »
My Doctor prescribed Gabapentin due to a neck injury I had.  About 4 weeks using it both my nipples are puffy and ultrasensitive.  WTF?  I looked up the relationship to the medicine and gyno and saw a couple people with similar issues but apparently it's not supposed to cause it.  Anyone every try this med and had this issue?  It's the worst gyno symptoms that I've ever had.  I stopped taking the shitty medicine.

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Gabapentin and Gyno
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 02:11:33 PM »
Gabapentin, also called Neurontin [1-(aminomethyl)cyclohexaneacetic acid] has many common undesirable side effects, which do in fact include gynecomastia in males and breast enlargement in females.

For nerve mediated pain, it is a very effective medication.  For the bodybuilder using AAS, however, there are certain side effects that can overlap with Neurontin and may be exacerbated by their combined usage.  Most notably changes in mood and behavior, especially enhanced aggression, have been described. If you tend to feel more aggressive/intolerant while on AAS I would suggest proceeding with caution.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 03:00:14 PM »
Gabapentin, also called Neurontin [1-(aminomethyl)cyclohexaneacetic acid] has many common undesirable side effects, which do in fact include gynecomastia in males and breast enlargement in females.

For nerve mediated pain, it is a very effective medication.  For the bodybuilder using AAS, however, there are certain side effects that can overlap with Neurontin and may be exacerbated by their combined usage.  Most notably changes in mood and behavior, especially enhanced aggression, have been described. If you tend to feel more aggressive/intolerant while on AAS I would suggest proceeding with caution.

Holy shit.  For some reason I've been in a bad mood for a while.  Just mean, aggessive and no patience.  This makes total sense why I'm feeling this way.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 08:19:55 AM »
I never noticed it. I take 800 3x/day