Author Topic: Democrats to fillibuster Gorsuch - bunch of cry babies  (Read 5341 times)

mazrim

• Getbig V
Re: Democrats to fillibuster Gorsuch - bunch of cry babies
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2017, 06:16:26 PM »

the country is getting more liberal and the court will only be getting more conservative
What kind of logic is that?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2017, 06:17:13 PM »
Nobody cares bro.

Just win a damn election for once and maybe people will begin to care about your opinion.

I understand you don't care since your party is the one that gerrymandered the districts

this is well documented and hopefully Dems can do the same with the next census

hopefully you won't care then either

btw - this probably why polling on most major issues rarely matches political outcomes.  

When you have one party winning more votes in a state yet losing seats then you know it's rigged

Given all the majorities that Republican appear to have it seems odd that their policies don't have commensurate popular support

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2017, 06:18:03 PM »
If anything has become clear in the first 60 days of Trump's administration is that every one of these pricks in the highest levels of government is a spoiled petulant child and acts only in their own interest.

Both sides of the aisle.

Fucking embarrassment to the people they are supposed to represent

This.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2017, 06:20:03 PM »
What kind of logic is that?

not that hard to figure out

Republican have Congress and the White House so they will put in conservative judges

Go look at polling on, for example social issues and you'll see popular support that is contray to Republican party line

pick the topics like gay marriage, abortion, planned parenthood etc..

all have popular support yet are opposed by Republicans

you'd think the party line would match up with the popular support but it does not

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2017, 06:48:25 PM »
That may be true. Sure, the nomination would be dead in the Senate, no question there, but they should have at least keep up the premise that they wouldn't obstruct the process.

I mean, we shouldn't be a nation of No No No.

The inability for the sides to work together has gotten progressively worse and the people's faith in congress has continued to drop with it.

Rise of a legit 3rd party?
a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2017, 06:49:46 PM »
That may be true. Sure, the nomination would be dead in the Senate, no question there, but they should have at least keep up the premise that they wouldn't obstruct the process.

I mean, we shouldn't be a nation of No No No.

The inability for the sides to work together has gotten progressively worse and the people's faith in congress has continued to drop with it.

I agree about the lack of bipartisanship and obstruction.  Both parties do it.  

That said, the Garland thing doesn't really bother me.  Remember the "Biden rule"?  

Liberals crying about Garland are being absolute disingenuous hypocrites.  This isn't about fairness, process, qualifications, etc.  It's pure politics.  And part of the reason they are so angry is liberals have trouble getting their ideas through legislatures so they many times rely on the courts to legislate from the bench.  

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2017, 06:50:42 PM »
not that hard to figure out

Republican have Congress and the White House so they will put in conservative judges

Go look at polling on, for example social issues and you'll see popular support that is contray to Republican party line

pick the topics like gay marriage, abortion, planned parenthood etc..

all have popular support yet are opposed by Republicans

you'd think the party line would match up with the popular support but it does not

Delusional as the day is long.

Why do I even grace my presence in this forum full of complete amateurs who do not even have the most basic grasp of politics in the current age?

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2017, 08:51:47 PM »
Rise of a legit 3rd party?

You know that's my political wet dream.

I want a legit 3rd party more than anything. Someone to help balance the scales and stop the bullshit from running rampant from the right or the left.

Drives me insane how our system has found itself divided.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2017, 08:57:03 PM »
Delusional as the day is long.

Why do I even grace my presence in this forum full of complete amateurs who do not even have the most basic grasp of politics in the current age?

arrogant much

feeling defensive for some reason?

You can always volunteer to grace us with your intelligence on the topic

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2017, 05:05:56 AM »
arrogant much

feeling defensive for some reason?

You can always volunteer to grace us with your intelligence on the topic

Its much more fun trolling you and your husband Andreisafatslob

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2017, 05:29:41 AM »
I dunno. I feel that there was plenty of time to vote on an Obama nominee.

Nothing wrong with Gorsuch at all, but I don't think they should have not held a vote. The time that this took to get anyone to a vote is pretty unprecedented.

I do feel Obama's pick should have had hearings and a vote at least. Then if blocked, they can say they weren't obstructionist.

Surely the GOP was being so in not evening calling for a vote for the Obama nominee.

I'm a centrist pretty much, but one who feels while they hypocrisy exists on both sides, the left excels at it.

However What the GOP did with Obama's nominee was wrong, in my opinion.  Politically, yes, they "won", but I think it was a bad move.

But it's done.  Democrats are stupid to fight this one, as they can't win, and now come across as petty.   They should take the high ground and appear to be the "mature" party in this case.  And, in addition to being supremely qualified, do they really think if they blocked Gorshuch, that Trump's next nominee would be more appealing?  Or even taken to the extreme, if they felt they could oust Trump, do they think Pence will appoint anyone different?

They're playing this stupid.
Y

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2017, 06:37:09 AM »
So what is the point?  Not nominate anyone?   See how that works when its libfags back in office.   

The point is the republicans hurt the country by not following procedure and preventing the supreme court from adding another justice for over a year....where was your outrage then>?????

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2017, 08:33:01 AM »
The point is the republicans hurt the country by not following procedure and preventing the supreme court from adding another justice for over a year....where was your outrage then>?????

What harm has hit the country due to this?
Y

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2017, 09:55:21 AM »
Its much more fun trolling you and your husband Andreisafatslob

The trolling is in your mind...you're not trolling anybody...you are the one who had the meltdown when Obama beat Romney and you left Getbig pissing in your pants

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2017, 12:19:07 PM »
Donnelly becomes third Democrat to back Gorsuch

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/326920-donnelly-becomes-third-democrat-to-back-gorsuch

Sen. Joe Donnelly (D-Ind.) said Sunday that he will support the nomination of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court, becoming the third moderate Democrat to break with his party and back President Trump’s nominee.
a