Author Topic: Energy drinks - Anyone here addicted to them  (Read 13776 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Anyone here addicted to energy drinks
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2017, 04:58:04 AM »
Cheers. It's kinda funny, had nothing worse than the flu my whole adult life. Needed surgery in Nov, nearly died from sepsis after that. Then this. It's been a rough few months.

On the bright side I'm far more conscious of the shit I eat or drink and am getting in better shape.

A-Fib is common there's nothing wrong with your heart it's the electrical system of your heart. Just watch the stims.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
Re: Energy drinks - Anyone here addicted them
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2017, 05:29:22 AM »
If lucozade counts then yeah, I have a can during and after gym

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2017, 05:44:24 AM »
You're addicted to the caffeine.  

Despite all the other bullshit ingredients they put in these drinks, the only active ingredient is the caffeine.

The so-called "energy" is fake.  The large doses of caffeine are burning out your adrenals and helping to dissolve the calcium in your bones.

Lastly, you're wasting lots of money.  If you must have your 'fix', go to any pharmacy and buy generic caffeine tabs... MUCH less expensive.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2017, 05:54:42 AM »
When I used to go out to clubs, I used to drink Monster, one was enough to give me energy for the whole night.

I do however like my coffee...

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2017, 08:21:30 AM »
Back in my club days, 2000/2001, I'd take a case of RedBull from my GNC on a Thursday night and sell'em in the club parking lot and at the after party at Balboa Park or Seaworld boat docks thurs/Fri/sat nights 2 for $3 or just 2 for $2 & pocket $40-60 lol... Was an 18+ "techno" club. Would also drink 2 cans before entering and taking my 1.5-2 tabs of X thurs & sat nights. Rolled from 10pm till 5am. Opening that store at 9am Saturday would require another can of RedBull lol. Good memories
How are your serotonin levels nowadays? Mine are pretty weak
U

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2017, 08:23:15 AM »
::) christian guzman fanboy

???

MMA Fighter or something?
a

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2017, 08:39:08 AM »
Back in my club days, 2000/2001, I'd take a case of RedBull from my GNC on a Thursday night and sell'em in the club parking lot and at the after party at Balboa Park or Seaworld boat docks thurs/Fri/sat nights 2 for $3 or just 2 for $2 & pocket $40-60 lol... Was an 18+ "techno" club. Would also drink 2 cans before entering and taking my 1.5-2 tabs of X thurs & sat nights. Rolled from 10pm till 5am. Opening that store at 9am Saturday would require another can of RedBull lol. Good memories

I was in my late teens and early 20's I used stay out/up all night, fucking girls, etc... but I did it without stims.  Kids today are hooked on these drinks and these companies are making a fortune from it.... a simple caffeine drink with sugar, acid and flavor in it.

JCL

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2017, 08:41:31 AM »
Those things will snap the fuck out of your heart.  Get the fuck of those things.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2017, 09:44:23 AM »

A-Fib is common there's nothing wrong with your heart it's the electrical system of your heart. Just watch the stims.

Killed my dad. Mom has it now too.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2017, 09:56:44 AM »
I was addicted to sugar free rockstar a few years ago, drinking 2 a day.  I played a soccer game one night after drinking one and had a rapid heart rate and felt palpitations.  I quit right then and have never touched them again.  Now I drink a cup of coffee in the morning and sometimes one in the early afternoon.  The caffeine is what we are all addicted to.  Within a week, you can kick a caffeine habit though but be prepared for a nasty headache.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2017, 10:46:10 AM »
I was addicted to sugar free rockstar a few years ago, drinking 2 a day.  I played a soccer game one night after drinking one and had a rapid heart rate and felt palpitations.  I quit right then and have never touched them again.  Now I drink a cup of coffee in the morning and sometimes one in the early afternoon.  The caffeine is what we are all addicted to.  Within a week, you can kick a caffeine habit though but be prepared for a nasty headache.

Taper off slowly.. there will be no headaches.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2017, 10:47:12 AM »
Or take enough ibuprofen to solve for potential headaches
U

Hack Benchers

« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2017, 02:40:28 PM »
I usually have one of them white Monsters (Monster Zero Ultra or whatever) every day. Sad thing is that I don't drink them for "energy" anymore, just addicted to the taste.  Gets expensive over time.

Everybody keeps mentioning the price.What does a can of monster cost?

Hack Benchers

« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2017, 02:45:14 PM »
ok. But back to the subject, did you drink any energy drinks?

HA!!.BRILLIANT

bozo_the_rot

• Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2017, 02:53:11 PM »

Sorry to hear that

Hack Benchers

« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2017, 02:55:48 PM »
What does a can of Monster of Rockstar cost?

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2017, 03:03:29 PM »
What does a can of Monster of Rockstar cost?

Depends where. $2-4 per 16 ounce can.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2017, 03:08:10 PM »
You're addicted to the caffeine.  

Despite all the other bullshit ingredients they put in these drinks, the only active ingredient is the caffeine.

The so-called "energy" is fake.  The large doses of caffeine are burning out your adrenals and helping to dissolve the calcium in your bones.

Lastly, you're wasting lots of money.  If you must have your 'fix', go to any pharmacy and buy generic caffeine tabs... MUCH less expensive.

The whole calcium leaching and adrenal burnout is greatly exaggerated. But I'm not saying energy drinks are totally safe either, they do F with you to some degreee.

Regarding tabs, it's not the same thing. Tabs hit you too quickly and are crappy. It is no comparison to, say a cup of coffee in the morning. It's all about the administration. Plus there are many compounds in coffee that aren't understood by science, it's actually good for you in moderation.

I was addicted to sugar free rockstar a few years ago, drinking 2 a day.  I played a soccer game one night after drinking one and had a rapid heart rate and felt palpitations.  I quit right then and have never touched them again.  Now I drink a cup of coffee in the morning and sometimes one in the early afternoon.  The caffeine is what we are all addicted to.  Within a week, you can kick a caffeine habit though but be prepared for a nasty headache.

I get a few palpitations too from them. Never from coffee though, even pounding it.

13B-T

• Getbig II
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2017, 03:20:18 PM »
I do the white sugar free rockstars... 1$ at Walmart. Cheaper than other major sodas and water lol. I drink water for free. But yea 1-2 cans daily.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2017, 03:52:50 PM »
Well and truly these drinks are horrible on your health.

I might have one a year.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2017, 08:58:57 PM »

That's rough.  Hate hearing this.  Lost my dad to heart disease and mom to cancer.

Hack Benchers

« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2017, 11:48:31 PM »
I do the white sugar free rockstars... 1$ at Walmart. Cheaper than other major sodas and water lol. I drink water for free. But yea 1-2 cans daily.
Lol so most getbiggers live in a mansion with supermodels but apparently cant afford to spend 1 or 2 bucks a day to buy a can of energy soda ???

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2017, 12:01:36 AM »
That is the best way to do it.  I knew I wouldn't be able to drink just half a can though.  So I just dealt with the headaches.  I actually only had one for a couple days and I took some ibuprofen to help it.  I had some serious cravings for it for a while though.  It's hard when you drive by every convenient store and see them on the poster ads outside. 

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2017, 03:17:31 AM »
Lol so most getbiggers live in a mansion with supermodels but apparently cant afford to spend 1 or 2 bucks a day to buy a can of energy soda ???

Idk what these people are talking about.  Expense.  Addictive.  Headaches and withdrawal.  Some weird muthafuckers post here.

Guess I'm the only one who gets in a killing mood from Red Bull tho.  That ain't good.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2017, 05:48:43 AM »

Cost > Benefit

It just seems like a huge waste of money (not to mention what it probably is doing to your health). If you get 1 can per day = close to $750 year.
Might as well just buy those caffeine pills and drink sugar free kool-aid at a fraction of the cost.
a