Author Topic: Energy drinks - Anyone here addicted to them  (Read 13777 times)

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Re: Energy drinks - Anyone here addicted them
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2017, 06:02:03 AM »

The whole calcium leaching and adrenal burnout is greatly exaggerated. But I'm not saying energy drinks are totally safe either, they do F with you to some degreee.

Regarding tabs, it's not the same thing. Tabs hit you too quickly and are crappy. It is no comparison to, say a cup of coffee in the morning. It's all about the administration. Plus there are many compounds in coffee that aren't understood by science, it's actually good for you in moderation.

Regarding large daily doses some people take, it's not exaggerated, it's true.  People like to ignore/deny it in order to justify their "crutch"... all addicts (whatever the substance is) behave the same way.  

I agree that caffeine tabs can hit you quickly, but it's dose related.  If you cut the tab into 1/2 or 1/3, it won't do that.

All energy drinks have caffeine added (unlike coffee)... it's the same as taking caffeine tabs.  Redline energy drinks average 39.5 mg of caffeine per fluid ounce.   If you drink the whole thing, that is a ridiculous amount of caffeine to consume at one time.

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2017, 05:43:16 AM »
Friend of mine helps out rehabilitating kids from broken homes, once met him with a 17 year old guy who had been drinking about 25 cans of monster a day since he was 10-12. Guy barely had any teeth in his mouth, and seemed to permanently twitch.

Moderation is key with stimulants. Just like you wouldn't (shouldn't) pound down pre-workout every work-out since it just creates dependencies and lessens the actual effect, yet with increasing health effects.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2017, 06:40:09 AM »
Friend of mine helps out rehabilitating kids from broken homes, once met him with a 17 year old guy who had been drinking about 25 cans of monster a day since he was 10-12. Guy barely had any teeth in his mouth, and seemed to permanently twitch.

Moderation is key with stimulants. Just like you wouldn't (shouldn't) pound down pre-workout every work-out since it just creates dependencies and lessens the actual effect, yet with increasing health effects.

The appetite suppression causes malnutrition and gum/tooth decay.  Also, any acidic/sugared low pH beverage (sodas are the worst) you drink causes tooth enamel to dissolve.  The more acidic it is, the teeth/calcium dissolve even faster (basic chemistry).  Do it several times a day, over and over again and will dissolve your teeth in only a few years.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2017, 07:38:55 AM »
Just had white monster yesterday..tasted awesome
T

Hack Benchers

« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2017, 11:15:33 AM »
Friend of mine helps out rehabilitating kids from broken homes, once met him with a 17 year old guy who had been drinking about 25 cans of monster a day since he was 10-12. ]Guy barely had any teeth in his mouth, and seemed to permanently twitch.

I.got a friend who is a dentist and he tells me 25 year old kids need FULL fake dentals (dont know the right word but he has to take out ALL of the teeth and replace them with fake) because of drinking to much redd bull. Often poverty youth.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Anyone here addicted to energy drinks
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2017, 11:18:53 AM »
No, it's pure garbage

If you're over 35 kidneys will say " fuck this " at some point.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2017, 11:28:51 AM »

If you're over 35 kidneys will say " fuck this " at some point.

Grown people don't drink soft/energy drinks on a daily basis. I don't know about kidney failure, but I see many energy drink addicts with the attention span shorter than the average toddler.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2017, 12:21:33 PM »
Grown people don't drink soft/energy drinks on a daily basis. I don't know about kidney failure, but I see many energy drink addicts with the attention span shorter than the average toddler.

I had a client form a while who ran a kidney clinic or institute or something. She'd constantly warn me about how "rock stars and workout powders" will damage my kidneys. She assumed I drank the energy sodas like "all the other kids" after I mentioned a preworkout drink I had one day. (She was never a birch about it though) talked about blood pressure and afib and tachycardia and other stuff. She'd treated kids with kid ey issues and they all Drank rockstar/monsters daily.... I assume those kida/ppl were also no stranger to other stims as well, however.

Hack Benchers

« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2017, 12:53:16 PM »
Dont want to bust your balls all night but a lot of peeps drink red bull every single day.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2017, 12:57:00 PM »
Dont want to bust your balls all night but a lot of peeps drink red bull every single day.

I avoid them as much as possible

Hack Benchers

« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2017, 12:59:39 PM »
I avoid them as much as possible
Because of theire rotten teeth?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2017, 01:02:03 PM »
Because of theire rotten teeth?

Because of what I've just said. --^^

Hack Benchers

« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2017, 01:04:11 PM »
Quote from: DroppingPlates link=topic=627657.msg8750624#msg8750624 date=1490558523 ???
Because of what I've just said. --^^

Because you avoid them as much as possible??

That doesnt make sense bro!

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2017, 01:10:47 PM »
Because you avoid them as much as possible??

That doesnt make sense bro!

I guess there's something going on with your attention span (hint)

Hack Benchers

« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2017, 01:14:29 PM »
I guess there's something going on with your attention span (hint)

;D

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2017, 01:23:43 PM »
Energy drinks should be consumed by senior citizens. Instead they are bought by mostly young people who are in a period of their lives with the most energy ever. After that it goes downhill     ;D

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2017, 01:28:19 PM »
Energy drinks should be consumed by senior citizens. Instead they are bought by mostly young people who are in a period of their lives with the most energy ever. After that it goes downhill     ;D

Their heart and other organs might not be able to handle the stress of the stims.  Most seniors are usually very frail.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2017, 01:29:27 PM »
weak wills
weak organs
weak hearts

we are surrended by weakness

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2017, 01:33:03 PM »
Energy drinks should be consumed by senior citizens. Instead they are bought by mostly young people who are in a period of their lives with the most energy ever. After that it goes downhill     ;D

Many seniors spent their energy more wisely. They often get up early in the morning and perform household tasks or go to the gym while they younger folks check their phone with one eye.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2017, 01:52:41 PM »
seniors are people like michael douglas, stallone, clint eastwood, arnold, donald trump etc

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2017, 10:37:46 PM »
Currently trying out the Celsius Heat drinks at the office - they are brand new, and pretty good

Our team here drinks VPX's Bang, ABB's Speed Shots and Speed Stacks - all pretty good.

Sadly, yes, caffeine is the main culprit, and many of us are addicted.  Not caffeine = headache

I swear those Speed Stacks have some crazy stuff in them.  I drink one and feel like a Mentat from Dune.

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2017, 12:19:17 AM »
I dont see the big deal with energy drinks. A monster has 150mg of caffeine, Redbull 80mg. Caffeine is safe upward 300mg ED for most individuals.
I think the sugar is a lot more concerning than the caffeine.
The kid drinking 25 cans of monsters a day and having no teeth and twitching : thats 2g+ of caffeine everyday that would mess up everyone big time, also more than a KILO of pure sugar. Try to have good teeth with that.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2017, 12:34:16 AM »
I dont see the big deal with energy drinks. A monster has 150mg of caffeine, Redbull 80mg. Caffeine is safe upward 300mg ED for most individuals.
The kid drinking 25 cans of monsters a day and having no teeth and twitching : thats 2g+ of caffeine everyday that would mess up everyone big time, also more than a KILO of pure sugar. Try to have good teeth with that.

People have consumed loads of coffee for decades yet theres all this uproar over monsters and whatnot

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2017, 01:12:28 AM »
Maybe the fact they are being marketed to kids and teenagers. I dont think caffeine should be used by kids at all.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2017, 02:14:18 AM »

300 mg is about 3 regular cups of coffee, which means that most folks fuck up their brains & nervous system with too many 'stimulants'