Author Topic: Where are the votes?  (Read 2433 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Where are the votes?
« on: March 24, 2017, 12:52:03 PM »
HAHAHA....  When it made absolutely no difference, except to cost the taxpayers millions of dollars for their waste of time, the Republicans repealed the ACA 60+ times. Now that they are voting on it WITH consequences, they cannot get it passed!  Whiners.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Where are the votes?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 12:55:43 PM »
HAHAHA....  When it made absolutely no difference, except to cost the taxpayers millions of dollars for their waste of time, the Republicans repealed the ACA 60+ times. Now that they are voting on it WITH consequences, they cannot get it passed!  Whiners.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 01:21:12 PM »
Pretty pathetic that Republicans had almost eight years to come up with a plan and cannot get their act together now that they have the White House. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 01:33:47 PM »
HAHAHA....  When it made absolutely no difference, except to cost the taxpayers millions of dollars for their waste of time, the Republicans repealed the ACA 60+ times. Now that they are voting on it WITH consequences, they cannot get it passed!  Whiners.

What are you gloating for stupid. It was a shit bill in the first place but hey, at least Dems were invited to be in on it instead of locking them out and having the vote behind their backs during a recess without coercing a Supreme Court judge.

They'll repeal and replace that shit Obamacare the right way. In the mean time shut your pie hole and learn something.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 01:48:27 PM »
What are you gloating for stupid. It was a shit bill in the first place but hey, at least Dems were invited to be in on it instead of locking them out and having the vote behind their backs during a recess without coercing a Supreme Court judge.

They'll repeal and replace that shit Obamacare the right way. In the mean time shut your pie hole and learn something.

You're kind of delusional on the repeal and replace part.

After 8 years, it should have been a slam dunk.

Pretty pathetic that Republicans had almost eight years to come up with a plan and cannot get their act together now that they have the White House. 

8 years... 8 YEARS to come up with a good alternative plan.

Nothing.

What a mess.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 01:50:42 PM »

This was supposed to be a slam dunk according to the campaign trail.

I guess your friend Hillary was right all along...Republicans had no viable ObamaCare replacement, despite years of criticism and promises.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 02:15:22 PM »
Trump blames the Democrats, He said not a single Democrat was in favor of his bill.

Considering the approval rating was somewhere around 17% who in their right mind would vote for it?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 02:17:11 PM »
Just watched the Liar in Chief.

Kind of weird.  He's sitting down and he has Price and Pence standing on either side like bookends not saying a word.

Here are the highlights:

1.  It's the Democrats fault
2.  "I've had a great relationship with the Republican Party.  It seems that both sides like Trump and that's good"
3.   Obamacare is "imploding and soon will explode"
4.   "I've only been here 64 days. You've all seen my speeches.  I never said repeal and replace it in 64 days."

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 02:17:39 PM »
HAHAHA....  When it made absolutely no difference, except to cost the taxpayers millions of dollars for their waste of time, the Republicans repealed the ACA 60+ times. Now that they are voting on it WITH consequences, they cannot get it passed!  Whiners.

Good observation.....but again it was NEVER about healthcare itself...it was all about being butthurt over Obama,s election and trying to deny him any kind of legacy achievement ;)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 02:18:57 PM »
Democrat plant.  >:(

a

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 02:20:32 PM »

They would not have to try and repeal it now if they had participated in crafting the bill in the first place.....they opted out because they wanted to deny Obama any kind of legacy/success.....now they want to change the law and all they had to do in the first place was participate.....

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 02:20:45 PM »

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 02:21:42 PM »
This was supposed to be a slam dunk according to the campaign trail.

I guess your friend Hillary was right all along...Republicans had no viable ObamaCare replacement, despite years of criticism and promises.

Of course they didn't..that was the big lie they told...it was all about hurting Obama :o

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 02:22:45 PM »

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 02:32:29 PM »
Donald J. Trump
(@realDonaldTrump)
We will immediately repeal and replace ObamaCare - and nobody can do that like me. We will save $'s and have much better healthcare!
Feb 9, 2016 · Twitter

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 02:32:52 PM »

Oh look....   the village idiot arrives with his whining and excuse making.  

You know the real reason it failed?  Because God wanted it to.  It's God's Will that we still have Obamacare.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 02:35:50 PM »
Donald J. Trump
(@realDonaldTrump)
We will immediately repeal and replace ObamaCare - and nobody can do that like me. We will save $'s and have much better healthcare!
Feb 9, 2016 · Twitter

January 11, 2017

Trump said as soon as Tom Price was sworn in they would simultaneously repeal and replace the ACA

“It will be repeal and replace,” Trump said. “It will be essentially simultaneously. It will be various segments, you understand, but will most likely be on the same day or the same week, but probably the same day. Could be the same hour.”

This quote immediately showed everyone just how clueless our Liar in Chief was and still is on how Congress works

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2017, 02:38:41 PM »
Trump has 'left everything on the field' for health-care bill, Spicer says

Really - what exactly did he do other than try to threaten members of his own party

Rather than traveling to Mar A Lago for the last 5 weekends he could have traveled around the country giving speeches to EXPLAIN the replacement bill.   Shit, he could have gone on prime time TV and done this

He didn't do a fucking thing except play golf and tweet lies about Obama and pick fights with our allies

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 03:06:51 PM »
Trump has 'left everything on the field' for health-care bill, Spicer says

Really - what exactly did he do other than try to threaten members of his own party

Rather than traveling to Mar A Lago for the last 5 weekends he could have traveled around the country giving speeches to EXPLAIN the replacement bill.   Shit, he could have gone on prime time TV and done this

He didn't do a fucking thing except play golf and tweet lies about Obama and pick fights with our allies

EXACTLY...Trump is a lazy fuck and really does not want to work hard....first president in history to take weekends off.....our first ever 9-5 president...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2017, 03:21:21 PM »

You're kind of delusional on the repeal and replace part.

After 8 years, it should have been a slam dunk.

8 years... 8 YEARS to come up with a good alternative plan.

Nothing.

What a mess.

I agree with the eight years, should have been done. Eight years for a shit bill but I don't think it's done. Trump was right to pull and as he put it, "let Obamacare explode, the Dems own it".

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2017, 03:26:04 PM »
I agree with the eight years, should have been done. Eight years for a shit bill but I don't think it's done. Trump was right to pull and as he put it, "let Obamacare explode, the Dems own it".

It won't explode though. That's not how it works. They will just keep taking money from people and pushing into it.

Just like social security, medicare, defense, et al.

They will always keep finding a way to fund it through taxes.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2017, 03:42:50 PM »
It won't explode though. That's not how it works. They will just keep taking money from people and pushing into it.

Just like social security, medicare, defense, et al.

They will always keep finding a way to fund it through taxes.

For the time being. More and more insurance companies are pulling out state by state. They can't make this a mandate at the very least. As of right now people are taking the "penalty" rather than taking an insurance they can't afford.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2017, 04:41:07 PM »
Republican and especially Liar in Chief love to say Obamacare is a disater, it's failing etc..yet they never offer any detailed proof of that claim

Many of the so called moderate Republicans in the House were against this bill because they knew it was make things worse and they actually care about the people in their districts and not just ideology or Republican talking points

The fact is you can find a lot of proof that it's not the huge failure that Trump likes to pretend

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-obamacare-charts-20170104-story.html

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/03/obamacare_is_not_failing_congressional_budget_offi.html

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2017/feb/01/paul-ryan/paul-ryans-damning-claim-affordable-care-act-obama/

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/10/obamacare-is-a-policy-triumph-and-a-political-failure.html

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2017, 06:15:31 AM »
HAHAHAHAHA dumb ass Trumptards spinning the excuses now.

60+ times the Repubs met just to spend millions of taxpayers dollars to cast useless symbolic votes to repeal Obamacare.
Now when it's time to speak up for real and have your voice heard.... the bill is pulled before a single vote is cast.
Paul Ryan just ate his biggest defeat of his politcal career.
Trump just got another sound defeat.  He's racking up one per week it seems.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2017, 06:51:29 AM »
Republican and especially Liar in Chief love to say Obamacare is a disater, it's failing etc..yet they never offer any detailed proof of that claim

I just recently had a chance to help my dad switch from standard health insurance to Medicare and... let me tell you, the reason my dad needed help was because Obamacare, and the state-mandated centralized health care marketplace, made it that complicated. Even the state representative acknowledged to me HOW bad the system was working and how many complaints he had to hear on a daily basis.