Author Topic: Its a good thing he wrapped those knees, what a beast  (Read 8782 times)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Its a good thing he wrapped those knees, what a beast
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2017, 09:17:49 AM »
See this all the time in the gym. The weight of a car and barely bending their knees. Some delusional guys put the back board so high that they think they are doing a decent range of motion because their legs come back.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2017, 06:11:01 PM »
I can't even dare to click on the link.  Makes my stomach hurt just thinking what is about to happen.

It is painful to watch but educational.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2017, 06:14:55 PM »
I can't even dare to click on the link.  Makes my stomach hurt just thinking what is about to happen.

Huh?

This video is a joy to view.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2017, 01:23:39 AM »
Good thing his training partner was there to stand in the background and shoot a video of it instead of spotting hm like he's supposed to.

I dont think a spot would help John, in this case at least. Clearly way over-loaded, no full reps, just dumb IMO.
But yeah, phones on gym floor = GHEY... Thats all people do is tinker with the stupid things all workout long.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2017, 02:25:40 AM »
See this all the time in the gym. The weight of a car and barely bending their knees. Some delusional guys put the back board so high that they think they are doing a decent range of motion because their legs come back.

And these guys are completely blind and deaf for any kind of help or advice. I was working out at my gym when this guy come to ask, if he could train alternately with the leg press which I was using at the moment. I told him that it is ok, and ask how much he want to press. He look at the weight (280kg/600lb) and say that he would start with that, and so he did. I stand a side when he unlock the sled, and WHAM, weights went down with the speed of gravity. There he was, pinned in the machine, screaming help. It take me and couple of other lifters to free him from that situation by lifting that sled back up. When he was limping away, I ask if he should have start with little easier weights, but he did not want to comment. Never seen him after that, so he must have learned something..  ;D

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2017, 05:37:02 AM »
Another warrior wounded in battle.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2017, 06:16:48 AM »
This thread is really about Ronnie, isn't it

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2017, 07:57:57 AM »
what is the trumpcare deductible on a mangled leg?

Don_Dada

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2017, 08:02:16 AM »

right knee buckled and gave out. probably tore a ligament or two. could've been worse

Simple Simon

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2017, 04:11:24 AM »
I see people push the weight, move the support bars and then not even bring the weight down past them, they wouldn't need to even unrack it to do their reps.... ::)

rocco-x

• Getbig III
  • when all else fails just blame it on the "man"
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2017, 07:03:43 AM »
He will heal if he takes joint support supplements...preferably Muscle Tech or 5% Nutrition